Common Garter pics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-03-2005, 10:22 PM   #1
aliceinwl
Common Garter pics

For a snake, I think garters have loads of personality. I took some pictures of Gollum my California red-sided (Thamnophis sirtalis infernalis) today which is no easy task since he seems to be terrified of his reflection in the camera lens, on flip side I can get great tongue shots I was lazy, though, so all the pics are in hand.
-Alice
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2005, 11:45 PM   #2
HerpAddict
Thumbs up Nice Snake!!!

That is a very nice snake. My friend owns a reptile store, and even though he has TONS of snakes and reptiles, his favorite of all are the garters, and especially the red sided, so it was neat to see someone else with the same interest!!

Thanks for the photo,
Amanda

Old 04-17-2005, 02:31 PM   #3
rlhallman
nice

Nice snake and very nice pics. Where did you aquire him? What camera/mode did you use?

Randy

Old 04-17-2005, 11:12 PM   #4
aliceinwl
He was given to me by one of my co-workers who found him as a little guy in northern Santa Barbara County, CA last June. He was really thin (bordering on emaciated) and covered in some white substance that wouldn't wash off. He looked like one of the neonates from the previous fall who probably hadn't eaten since he came out of brumation. After a few good meals and a shed, he looked 100% better. Now, he's even gotten pretty good about being handled and makes a great addition to the herp presentations I give to local youth groups etc. Of all my snakes, I think he's the most personable.

I took the pics in macro mode with a Sony DSC-707.

-Alice

Old 07-29-2005, 06:35 PM   #5
ilovesnakes
Talking nice garter!

thats a really cool garter i never seen a pic of a red sided garter and it is pretty amazing how the pics came out my digital camera never comes out that clear! :eatpointe :eatpointe

Old 07-29-2005, 07:26 PM   #6
Tears_and_Fangs
OMIGOSH, I never seen a garter snake like that...he's so beautiful!
Gollum, huh? ((I'm a big fan of LOTR's... ^_^))
My Garter is named "Snape" from Harry Potter...lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!