Ed Clark- Sketchy Ad - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #91
DJSlurp1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
This thread is about Ed Clark and his advertisements/business practices.

If you want to discuss another site, take it off the BOI please, EVERYONE!
OK... on the topic of the Advertisement...

I don't see anything particularly wrong with Ed's Ad. If you don't like the Ad, move right along and check out the next one. Ed can price his snakes for whatever he feels they're worth... It's his freedom to do so. Don't want to pay! Easy, YOU DON"T HAVE TO!

I think he probably could have used a differen't word than Minor Morph... but I don't think that the Ad itself is that misleading.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:30 AM   #92
DJSlurp1200
Another thing that kind of bothers me...

Everybody complains when somebody prices too low, but yet at the same time if something is priced too high it's the same thing... "omg how can you price your animal that high"

Who cares... If you are actually in the market for an animal and you see a snake that just catches your eye, appeals to you, works with your collection and your breeding plans for the future who cares. If not, Keep it movin!

Old 05-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #93
frankykeno
Steve, just how many BOI threads are you going to whine in? You aren't banned from ads, you know this, you've had your say over at BPNet and you're continuing to not give the full story here. 5 members exceeded the limit for their ads this year, you were one of them. Had I exceeded, I would have been one of them...it's a rule...for every member...do get over yourself please.

DJ, this isn't the place to address you or your ban. However, stop dancing around, if you've something to say or accuse someone of...spit it out man. Hints, innuendos and accusations without specific proof don't seem to go very far at the BOI and well they should not.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #94
DJSlurp1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankykeno
Steve, just how many BOI threads are you going to whine in? You aren't banned from ads, you know this, you've had your say over at BPNet and you're continuing to not give the full story here. 5 members exceeded the limit for their ads this year, you were one of them. Had I exceeded, I would have been one of them...it's a rule...for every member...do get over yourself please.

DJ, this isn't the place to address you or your ban. However, stop dancing around, if you've something to say or accuse someone of...spit it out man. Hints, innuendos and accusations without specific proof don't seem to go very far at the BOI and well they should not.
First of all I'm not whining. I'm simply stating an opinion that I feel that others might just agree on. The stupid thing is... I never even placed an ad on that site so I don't know what your talking about me being one of them. The pathetic thing is though is who cares how many ads you place? It's a classifieds section of a forum... Let there be ads!

Second of all what are you talking about when you say "get over yourself" you sound like the rest of the clique. A bunch of broken records just skippin under the needle...

I'm not here to address myself or my ban nor get into or help fuel anymore weak a$$ forum drama...I'm here to speak on this topic and the current event that this thread is about. I think this situation has been blown way out of proportion. I'm not here to defend ed nor take any sides. I've never bought any snakes from him but know many people who have and have had great service. I think this thread should just die...

Old 05-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #95
frankykeno
Jim, seems I owe you another apology. Didn't see your post prior to mine and again, I will respect your request and either not discuss or move this discussion to a much more appropriate place.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:48 AM   #96
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSlurp1200
Qoute - "Like no one saw that ban coming.

There has been tension on that site for quite some time "

Yeah and it's rediculous. What is it with all the bs in the Ball Python Community. No wonder so many people are getting out of them and it's Sad. I was a member of that particular forum and it was a joke. A dictatorship and an absolute joke. It's not so much the "friendly Herpin" community it claims to be. It's a Forum Ran by a specific clique... A clique that loves to cause trouble in other forums as well and bash on people that simply ask for advice and try to do right thing for there snakes...

I myself was banned from BP.net and honestly if I hadn't been banned I probably would have just had them cancel my registration there anyways because I just don't want to be associated with the drama and bs.

To sum it up... if your not with the clique or if you are seen as competition or a threat sales wise... you better duck for cover. They'll sick the dogs on you, say whatever they can to make you crack or just make some BS up...

In this case Ed was a threat to bp.net and was moving snakes...

I can think of one person right now who might have seen Ed as the biggest threat and I can tell you right now I'm sure he PULLED A FEW STRINGS and got his way. The same person PULLED A FEW STRINGS and had me banned because I told someone my dealings with that particular person.

I got a email from Admin basically telling me congratulations, your communications on myspace with OUR members have just gifted you the ban hammer... Whatever... That Forum is falling apart anyways... and soon will be in shambles.
Still all eaten up inside over it, huh Steven? Get over it already.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:48 AM   #97
DJSlurp1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextworld3
Ed can call them whatever he likes (as long as he is not naming them after proven genetic animals)... No where does he state they are genetic...

The fun of these captive hatched animals is to try to prove them out... We name them according to appearance or if there is something out there already like it.

ex. Granite , its just a description of the appearance nothing more... lots of granites are genetic and many are just inheritable, with captive hatched animals you really just have to breed it and see.
Another good one is harlequin, i get asked all the time to do a guide on harlequins but they vary so much and every dealer has a different opinion of how they look so making a guide will be tough... (i will be doing a guide to tame some of the confusion with these soon) So a lot of animals fall under the "Harlequin" type at this time...

If Ed was calling one a Phantom and it wasn't that that would be wrong... but Phantom -like, looking, wannabee, etc. thats all fine... I have been buying every " Phantom like" i can find in hopes that one will prove... its the fun of it!

On to the $7.00 captive hatched... Its just not true! I pay a LOT more for special animals, i just got a c.h. Albino that was almost double the cost of a captive born animal. I got in a snake that was bright pink orange that cost a bunch too... Crates of fancies can run as high as $25 per animal in 500 - 1000 lots (and these are the ones that the Africans think are fancy)... Our importers that we buy these from charge us all kinds of prices from $100-$2000 for ones they think are "special"

Now for the regular c.h. animals... my time is worth a lot to me! So basically if i go through 100 ball pythons and it takes 5 - 6 hours to find 2-5 really special ones... i think i can charge what i want for them... My accountant charges $150/ hour for his service and he dosen't have to get bit by anything

Another thing that $150 - $500 snake Ed or anyone else sells could turn out to be genetic and be worth a WHOLE LOT more to whoever got it!

So i don't see the problem... enlighten me
EXACTLY!

Old 05-25-2007, 10:49 AM   #98
DJSlurp1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38
Still all eaten up inside over it, huh Steven? Get over it already.
Jamie is there something that your trying to compensate for? is that why you always have some sort of a smart attitude? I believe Jim had already mentioned to take the off topic conversation elsewhere.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:50 AM   #99
frankykeno
Quote:
First of all I'm not whining. I'm simply stating an opinion that I feel that others might just agree on. The stupid thing is... I never even placed an ad on that site so I don't know what your talking about me being one of them. The pathetic thing is though is who cares how many ads you place? It's a classifieds section of a forum... Let there be ads!

Second of all what are you talking about when you say "get over yourself" you sound like the rest of the clique. A bunch of broken records just skippin under the needle...

I'm not here to address myself or my ban nor get into or help fuel anymore weak a$$ forum drama...I'm here to speak on this topic and the current event that this thread is about. I think this situation has been blown way out of proportion. I'm not here to defend ed nor take any sides. I've never bought any snakes from him but know many people who have and have had great service. I think this thread should just die...
Ahhh you are both named Steve...my mistake. Paragraph one was directed at SPJ, paragraph two at you. Sorry for the misunderstanding, however, I stand by the content of my post.

However, we've been asked by a Mod here to cease this discussion and I'll be respecting that request other than the above clarification.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #100
jglass38
Quote:
Jamie is there something that your trying to compensate for? is that why you always have some sort of a smart attitude? I believe Jim had already mentioned to take the off topic conversation elsewhere.
I'm not the one running all over the place whining about being banned from a forum that I keep claiming means nothing. You are.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark