Ed Clark- Sketchy Ad - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:10 PM   #61
Miss Tuniwha
OOOOOHHH, Congrats Ryan! What are you expecting?

Old 05-24-2007, 04:24 PM   #62
RyanT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha
OOOOOHHH, Congrats Ryan! What are you expecting?

Thanks Brandi. LOTS of Cinnies. A lot for me anyway. Got 20 eggs in the incubator so far and should have about 20 more on the way.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:24 PM   #63
DThomas
Lets keep this on topic, which is Ed's ad and his business practices. As Rich has stated in the thread in the feedback forum, leave the mod ability attacks alone. If you feel the need to question mod abilities, do it civilly and professionally.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #64
v2rherp
i really didn't see a problem with the original ad. they were advertised as ch imports. anyone buying ch imports knows that genetics aren't guaranteed.

alot of people use the names like granite,banded,ringer,harlequin,shatter,black back,blurry,reduced,tiger, etc. quite often and freely.

i have more of a problem, with the really new and unheard and unproven morph names. ie "emerald jewels" used in ads.

ed, didn't make up these names and imo, the ad was pretty par for the course for ch imports.

vaughn

Old 05-24-2007, 05:08 PM   #65
daniel1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2rherp
i really didn't see a problem with the original ad. they were advertised as ch imports. anyone buying ch imports knows that genetics aren't guaranteed.

alot of people use the names like granite,banded,ringer,harlequin,shatter,black back,blurry,reduced,tiger, etc. quite often and freely.

i have more of a problem, with the really new and unheard and unproven morph names. ie "emerald jewels" used in ads.

ed, didn't make up these names and imo, the ad was pretty par for the course for ch imports.

vaughn
Agreed.

I could scroll through the classifieds and find tons of other people that do the same thing as Ed.....where are all their "Sketchy Classified Ad" threads?

Old 05-24-2007, 05:16 PM   #66
Bill & Amy
There's alot more going on here than just a "sketchy" classified thread. That just seems to be one part of the total picture.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:53 PM   #67
Seamus Haley
For my part, it's just a sketchy classified ad. His wording indicated that the animals were posessing a genetic quality that he can not verify- thus "sketchy ad" rather than "bad guy" or "con man"

I asked him on that thread if it was just poor wording, he didn't respond by the time it was locked- a supermod said a BOI thread would be more appropriate to continue the discussion and I found his choice of timing for his edit to be suspect. So here it is.

There do seem to be a few more things going on- though I think it may be important to seperate animal related issues from personality conflicts. If there is a more signifigant underlying issue with the way he deals, it's unfortunately getting a little lost in a discussion about warning points and karma. Although I do have to acknowledge that a tendency to lie in one facet of his life does make it more likely that he'd lie in others. I just don't particularly CARE about the kind of backbiting sniping that happens through Fauna's karma system, so it doesn't hold as much weight with me as it seems to with others.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:17 PM   #68
jasballs
Quote:

vaughn
I have to agree here aswell, Nothing in that ad looked Fishy to Me.. But I have to be Truthfull here, Other things I've seen and heard about Ed Are fishy.. Make sence?

Old 05-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #69
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
I have to agree here aswell, Nothing in that ad looked Fishy to Me.. But I have to be Truthfull here, Other things I've seen and heard about Ed Are fishy.. Make sence?
I would say anything in regards to Ed is SUSPECT.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:39 PM   #70
Cat_72
Quote:
anyone buying ch imports knows that genetics aren't guaranteed
I would tend to disagree. There's plenty of newbies out there that just see something called a morph, and take that at face value. To say that "everyone knows" is just plain silly.

That would be the only problem I had with the original ad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark