Ed Clark- Sketchy Ad - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:53 PM   #71
Metallicat
His ad may have been like a bunch of others but that just means they are ALL trying to mislead the uninformed into making a purchase under false pretenses. Just because everyone else does it, doesn't make it right. When I see ads like that I think "what a dirtbag" about the seller. Not, "good for him, he's making an outstanding profit on a $7 normal at the expense of others".

Old 05-24-2007, 10:10 PM   #72
Ed Clark
Douglas, Point taken, never thought about putting the word normals in an ad that says these are recently imported captive hatched babies.

Have been doing this so long that I assumed everybody knew about these captive hatched babies. not trying to misrepresent these babies at all. this was a good learning experience for me and you can believe the word normals will be in every ad from now on and I will make sure they understand that as well. Live and learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicat
His ad may have been like a bunch of others but that just means they are ALL trying to mislead the uninformed into making a purchase under false pretenses. Just because everyone else does it, doesn't make it right. When I see ads like that I think "what a dirtbag" about the seller. Not, "good for him, he's making an outstanding profit on a $7 normal at the expense of others".

Old 05-24-2007, 10:22 PM   #73
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
I just dont see how this ad in question could be misinterpred as misrepresentation in any way, I stated over and over that the ball pythons in question were recently imported captive hatched imports.
Yer full of crap Ed. If you truly believed there was nothing wrong with the way you originally posted the ad, you would not have unlocked it and edited it. If this was a one time thing, I may be more apt to buy into this honest mistake crap yer trying to lay on everyone.

But alas, it's not even CLOSE to the first time something has arose questioning your ethics. You've proved to be dishonest, petty, vindictive and spiteful of any little criticism that comes your way. You abuse your power to boot. Absolutely childish. I can't believe you remain a Mod.

Rick

Old 05-24-2007, 10:39 PM   #74
daniel1983
Quote:
Not, "good for him, he's making an outstanding profit on a $7 normal at the expense of others".
...I was thinking along the lines of "Good for the snake....glad someone values its life at more than $7"....

...I still do not see how it is 'at the expense of others'.....The ad was pretty clear to me....and it was probably pretty clear to anybody considering spending over $200 on a snake.....but I guess there are idiots out there that spend that kind of money without knowing a damn thing about the animal...If that is the issue, then it is also their fault for being stupid.

....and as far as Ed's other issues, lets hear them. People can drop hints all day long...but hints are worthless to people looking for the truth. I would really like to know what is going on.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #75
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
How about threats Ed, is that good business behaviour? Remember when I quoted a previously asked question in your for sale thread on bp.net? I quoted Daniel's question of "who produced these animals?" because it wasn't answered in the thread. You went off on a tangent and told me you would take care of me "face to face". It was a question that I wanted answered that I thought you overlooked. When a mod asked you if that was a threat, you quickly deleted the ad.

You keep avoiding the issues Ed.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:51 PM   #76
Ed Clark
Rick, the ad was edited to include the words. these are not genetic morphs, because some must not have known what a recently imported captive hatched baby is. I wanted it to very clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
Yer full of crap Ed. If you truly believed there was nothing wrong with the way you originally posted the ad, you would not have unlocked it and edited it. If this was a one time thing, I may be more apt to buy into this honest mistake crap yer trying to lay on everyone.

But alas, it's not even CLOSE to the first time something has arose questioning your ethics. You've proved to be dishonest, petty, vindictive and spiteful of any little criticism that comes your way. You abuse your power to boot. Absolutely childish. I can't believe you remain a Mod.

Rick

Old 05-24-2007, 10:55 PM   #77
Ed Clark
wild bill, please post proof of your accusations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
You keep avoiding the issues Ed.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:00 PM   #78
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I would tend to disagree. There's plenty of newbies out there that just see something called a morph, and take that at face value. To say that "everyone knows" is just plain silly.

That would be the only problem I had with the original ad.
Quote:
Quote:

Rick

To be fair, Just from my perspective as someone who glanced at Ed’s Ad before it was edited. He didn't mention the word morph or "minor morph" in the original ad.
It did state (as It still does) “AFRICAS CREAM OF THE CROP !” and “THESE ARE RECENT CAPTIVE HATCHED IMPORTS THAT HAVE SHED AND ARE FEEDING.” He didn't add or change that part of the original ad.

What was added was

Quote:
THESE ARE NOT GENETIC MORPHS UNLESS YOU PROVE THEM TO BE THAT.
THESE NAMES ARE ON THEM TO HELP IDENTIFY EACH INDIVIDUAL SNAKE.
SOME THINK THEY ARE NOTHING BUT FANCY NORMALS AND IF YOU THINK THEY ARE, THEN THEY ARE JUST FANCY NORMALS.

The parts of the ad that has been problematic for some, hasn't been changed. Has it?
Quote:
4TH PIC MALE GOLD STRIPE HARLEQUIN. $150.00
1ST PIC MALE GOLD STRIPE BLACK BALL. $250.00
2ND PIC FEMALE GOLD STRIPE HARLEQUIN. $175.00
3RD PIC FEMALE STRIPED BROWN HEADED GRANITE. $175.00

I think this above is still there.

“AFRICAS CREAM OF THE CROP !” and “THESE ARE RECENT CAPTIVE HATCHED IMPORTS THAT HAVE SHED AND ARE FEEDING.”

From this point, I think most of us understood exactly what was being sold.

He did however use the term “Specials or minor morphs to others.” a post or two later when it was stated that they were normal. That I believe is where most of this comes from. I think it was a poor choice of words to add the word morph anywhere in the description.

I can understand the points made how some might be confused with the names associated with each individual snake. I can understand wanting individual viewers of an ad to understand what is being sold. I wouldn't want anyone to feel they have been fooled by a deceptive ad. Those points are valid.

I want to be fair about this. So, I have to ask, at what point should a newbie take the initiative and know what they are buying?
If all imported animals are being labeled in the same manner and it has become the standard, would it not be wiser to address the standard being used than one individual that has accepted that standard?

Quote:
As long as someone knows what they are buying, I could care less what someones profit margin is. But, Does the seller have an obligation to make sure that a buyer knows what a recent captive hatched import means?

Old 05-24-2007, 11:01 PM   #79
Mark Schmidtke
Quote:
....and as far as Ed's other issues, lets hear them. People can drop hints all day long...but hints are worthless to people looking for the truth. I would really like to know what is going on.
Absolutely right. Ed's been banned from one forum today and he's getting kicked around here pretty good and I can't for the life of me figure out why? I've seen the same ads and posts that everyone else sees and while I can understand why some of them may be aggravating to some people, I really haven't seen anything worth this kind of beating. What am I missing? There has GOTTA be something going on behind the scenes that nobody wants to talk about. If there is, then either spill it or drop it. To someone like me who isn't 'in the loop' this is really beginning to look like a witch hunt.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:02 PM   #80
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
....... If this was a one time thing, I may be more apt to buy into this honest mistake crap yer trying to lay on everyone.

But alas, it's not even CLOSE...........

And I STILL can't believe you remain a Mod.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark