Katie Richardson, Extraordinary Reptiles BEWARE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-20-2005, 07:32 AM   #1
Monster Cages
Katie Richardson, Extraordinary Reptiles BEWARE

Well against my gut instinct we sent her some money for 20 adult female ball pythons. She was easy to get a hold of and reach when she wanted our money. We sent it through PayPal and went right away and then boom like someone flipped a switch.

"Matthew,
I can ship out tommarrow or thursday.......The ten females that are gravid on the ad are from Raymond the other ten I inquired a little back (5-6 months ago) from a guy on Kingsnake.
I will send a request to pay pal for the $1500
Thanks,Katie"

I then paid her after i had her change the paypal request stating that we were getting 20 adult female ball pythons before she just put that we were getting some ball pythons. I had requested to talk to her on the phone and called numerous times leaving a couple messages and nothing, I sent another email asking her to call me.

"I will snap some pictures for you when I go back from work. I can ship Monday for Tuesday then.
I cant have my phone on at work so I cant recieve any calls.I get out at 7:00 today
Thanks,Katie "

"When I get off work I will email you some pictures.
I have 10 Cb yellow andacondas I would like to sell soon (taking up lots of room) they are about 3-4 feet, feeding on F/t.
I could sell all ten for $1000 shipping included or $130 each shipping included.
And one burmese python, I could send you all those pictures and prices when I get back home.
Thanks again,Katie"

"Sorry Matthew,I was at work late last night when I got back I just crashed.
Here is some pictures of the Andacondas I have a green tree available to for $350 pretty sure it is a female.
I have to size down the female pictures because they wont attach so here is one that did work.Let me know if you get all the pictures I think my email isnt working right.
Thanks Again,
Katie"

Then there was a bunch of emails that went unanswered and no response on telephone like before and then I got this email

"Matthew,
I have been answering your emails...I have told you I was shipping tommarrow and I still am.
Please be patient.
Thanks,Katie"

That last email was recieved on Sunday. Now i haven't heard a word from her at all since and have even had a couple of buddies of mine from out of state try to reach her. I am hoping that this is big misunderstanding but if you sell something to someone you might want to at least communicate with them and set a date to ship and not keep putting it off and changing it and all that.

Anyone with some help or is in that area would be much appreciated. I am working with PayPal, my bank and Visa on this matter as well as contacted the authorities for the area that she is in

Here is her info for everyone also
Beware of Extraordinary Reptiles out of Athens Alabama

Katie Richardson
1211 Audubon LN
Athens AL 35611
877-391-7955

Matthew Martin
www.monster-cages.com

Old 04-20-2005, 07:42 AM   #2
Lucille
I am curious as to whether you did a search and considered the huge BOI thread on Katie Richardson, prior to making your purchase?

Old 04-20-2005, 07:45 AM   #3
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
I am curious as to whether you did a search and considered the huge BOI thread on Katie Richardson, prior to making your purchase?
lucille just beat me to it.

Heeeeeere's Katie...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=66636

Old 04-20-2005, 08:39 AM   #4
DAND
The tools are there (here-the BOI) yet they go unused until it's too late. Such a shame. Matthew, hopefully you can get this resolved in your favor.

Old 04-20-2005, 09:04 AM   #5
Bill_Leverton
Matt I'm sorry this happened to you, But like it was said before You have to do a search On People This girl has magicial snakes "they change sex and genetics" and Like I have said a few times over " YES THE BOI IS REQUIRED READING " When In doubt ask, once again hope this all works out for you

Old 04-20-2005, 09:08 AM   #6
shrap
Gee, why am I not surprised to see this thread?

Matthew, sorry to hear you are in this position. I felt this women was full of BS from the word go in the other thread. Now I believe any doubt that may have lingered has been removed.

Old 04-20-2005, 09:28 AM   #7
Cat_72
Question

Dang, sorry to hear of your situation....but I feel the need to ask, if you knew enough to come to the BOI and post this, why on earth didn't you do a search on her here first???

You know, at one point I ALMOST (stress on the almost) felt sorry for "Katie" or whoever she actually is for her getting allegedly screwed over by that Harrison guy, but the more a person hears about her, the more you have to think at the very least she's no better than him...

Hope you get somewhere with this.....good luck.

Cathy Peterson

Old 04-20-2005, 10:40 AM   #8
lizfortune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
lucille just beat me to it.

Heeeeeere's Katie...

Posted by Clearwater Reptiles:

"Matt I'm sorry this happened to you, But like it was said before You have to do a search On People This girl has magicial snakes "they change sex and genetics"

Mathew,
You HAVE to do searches on people. I learned this with Mike Clark and Katie was added to my "Do not do business" list along with Harrison, because they are all major DEADBEATS!! Special places for them with somebody waiting to see them

You may have an avenue with your state attorney general's office as well as with your local law enforecment (which I saw you have already involved). Let us know how it works out.

Katie,
I guess you're not the victim, but the BAD GUY!! As Jim says so well.... here's your sign

Good luck Mathew at getting this scum locked up!! She makes me want to
Brian

Old 04-20-2005, 10:57 AM   #9
Greg Riso
Contact Paypal Immediately

Matthew, Regardless of what you didn't do as far as doing a search on Katie that's history now. At this point contact Paypal and report fraud so they freeze her funds until you either receive the animals or get a refund. I personally would insist on the refund because she was suppose to ship and disappeared. I doubt she has the animals or is looking for them now at best. I wouldn't want them from her anyway. There are plenty of reputable sellers to deal with. Contact Paypal and file a complaint NOW!

Old 04-20-2005, 11:08 AM   #10
gmherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Riso
Matthew, Regardless of what you didn't do as far as doing a search on Katie that's history now. At this point contact Paypal and report fraud so they freeze her funds until you either receive the animals or get a refund. I personally would insist on the refund because she was suppose to ship and disappeared. I doubt she has the animals or is looking for them now at best. I wouldn't want them from her anyway. There are plenty of reputable sellers to deal with. Contact Paypal and file a complaint NOW!

Ditto.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!