Hurricane Dorian - 2019 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 08-28-2019, 01:21 AM   #1
WebSlave
Hurricane Dorian - 2019

Looks like they are predicting Dorian to become a hurricane and likely making landfall somewhere between Daytona Beach, FL and central coastal Georgia over the Labor Day weekend. If you have holiday plans in that area, you may want to stay alert to developments.

Subject to change without notice, of course.

Old 08-28-2019, 02:19 PM   #2
bcr229
She's a hurricane...

Old 08-28-2019, 03:47 PM   #3
WebSlave
Yep, apparently so. When I first started looking at it on Ventusky, the predictions were for it to fizzle out sometime around Wednesday or Thursday.

Now the forecasts are predicting Dorian becoming a Cat 3 hurricane and making landfall around Daytona Beach sometime Sunday night thru Monday morning.

I'm just glad I got my standby generator fixed in case it crosses over Florida and winds up in the Gulf. Water temps there are really warm so the storm would regain strength quickly.

Old 08-28-2019, 06:29 PM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
Go away, storm thing. Git!

I hope things are okay. I know I have some funky trees here in Pissmeoffville.

Old 08-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #5
WebSlave
Yeah, I've got a couple of dead trees near the house that I really need to take down safely. But you know how it is, one thing after another with higher priority (seemingly) at the time. Plus I've got a big live oak tree with some branches overhanging the side porch I need to take out, and another oak tree hanging over the old reptile building. But I'm not all that keen about climbing up on the roof of either building to do that. I did buy an item for my extension ladder that should make getting on and off the roof easier, but just haven't tried it yet.

https://www.guardianfall.com/perform...tension-system

Old 08-29-2019, 11:20 AM   #6
WebSlave
Looks like the forecast has upgraded Dorian to be a Category 4 storm at landfall.
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2019, 04:45 PM   #7
WebSlave
Anyone with holiday plans near Vero Beach, FL on Labor Day, might want to think about a PLAN B.

At least according to the latest forecast.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:25 PM   #8
bcr229
Change that to anyone with plans along the southeast coast next week...

Old 08-30-2019, 04:01 PM   #9
WebSlave
Yeah, looks like Dorian is going to be messing up a lot of plans for folks that hoped for a pleasant Labor Day week at the Atlantic coast beaches.

But of course, it is still just a forecast track. And there are a lot of them, of which only one might be close to being accurate.

I sure wouldn't want to be anywhere near a category 4 hurricane. The below is a video of hurricane Michael last year, which came on shore as a category 5. No way in hell I would want to be in that mess. Or anything even close to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3ofAJSqpLM

Yeah, it IS only wind and water.....

Old 08-30-2019, 05:27 PM   #10
WebSlave
Looks like the latest forecast model track is swinging the path to an abrupt northerly jog soon after making landfall somewhere between Miami, FL and Titusville, FL sometime Tuesday morning (09-03-2019). Predictions are a Cat 4 hurricane during landfall.

I think if you are anywhere on the Atlantic coast from Miami, FL to Cape Hatteras, you need to be on your toes. Some models are showing it hugging the Atlantic coast as it heads northward.