Unused forums - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:58 AM   #1
WebSlave
Exclamation Unused forums

I was taking a look around, taking note of which forums here appear to be abandoned and unused by any of the membership. One I had already warned would be going away if 2 months elapsed without any posts applied to it has already gotten the axe. More will be following.

So use them if you want them here. Otherwise there really is no sense in keeping them around any longer, now is it?

Old 09-03-2019, 01:01 PM   #2
WebSlave
The following is a list of forums currently on the chopping block:
  1. The Club Room
  2. Consumer Reports
  3. Shipping
  4. Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum
  5. SOUND OFF!!!
  6. Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment
  7. Member to Member Flea Market
  8. Lonely Hearts Club Forum
  9. Mammals General Discussions
  10. Fish and Aquatics For Sale/Wanted Ads
  11. Fish and Aquatics General Discussions
  12. Flora For Sale/Wanted Ads & Trades
  13. Flora General Discussions
  14. Miscellaneous General Discussions

As more forums pass the 2 month mark without any new participation, they too will reach the chopping block.

Honestly, I am thinking that perhaps this site will eventually just stick to the domain name (FaunaClassifieds) and become a classifieds only website and can all the discussion forums completely. It appears that the classifieds are going to wind up being the only forums utilized anyway.

If nothing else is used nor supported here, why bother?

Old 09-03-2019, 01:23 PM   #3
Lucille
Just my two cents, it would be nice if one discussion forum was left open. Through the years there have been posted amazing discussions, really beautiful photographs, and threads where both happy events and disasters have been announced. In a number of instances the community has come together and provided help and donations to replace disaster losses.
It seems to me that those discussing hot button subjects such as religion and politics, have on the whole been remarkably well behaved in discussions here.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:09 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
It was brought up before, what about for the reptile discussion sections, how about just merging them all into one since most are not used very much any longer instead of specifically removing the less used ones?

Just condense all three majors into the one over-all topic:
Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums
Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums
Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums

Even maybe
General Interest Forums into just two: General BS and "Hell"

just a thought

Old 09-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
It was brought up before, what about for the reptile discussion sections, how about just merging them all into one since most are not used very much any longer instead of specifically removing the less used ones?

Just condense all three majors into the one over-all topic:
Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums
Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums
Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums

Even maybe
General Interest Forums into just two: General BS and "Hell"

just a thought
I think it will eventually get that way, but I think I should make the transition gradual, based on lack of use of individual forums. They would be consolidated into other forums, not just have the threads deleted.

For instance I could consolidate all of the colubrids into a forum, as well as all types of boids. That sort of thing.

Likely sooner or later the entire structure will be overhauled in order to make more sense of such consolidations and removal of the number of forums not catching the interest of the membership.

I would prefer treading carefully with something like this so that members who are actively using particular forums don't get slapped in the face regardless of their attempted support.

Of course, as certain as the sun will rise tomorrow, some members will complain about such a consolidation with the claim that one or more topics are dominating the conversations and they have to search through three pages to find the topic animal they are interested in. And requesting "Can we have a separate forum for __________ (fill in the blank)? It is too hard for me to find what I am interested in!"

Old 09-03-2019, 06:55 PM   #6
JColt
I think a smaller site would be more appealing. Classifieds, General Discussion with 3 or 4 forums, law area.

Old 09-04-2019, 01:12 AM   #7
AbsoluteApril
Have you already removed 'Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen' ? Or was it merged somewhere?

Old 09-04-2019, 09:46 AM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Have you already removed 'Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen' ? Or was it merged somewhere?
It was removed. I'll relocated the threads into another forum sometime soon.