Cube Steak Meal - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #1
JColt
Cube Steak Meal

Just noticed that the food forum was gone.

I made cube steak with mashed potatoes for supper tonight. Had to wing it as I was missing a couple things. And what a delight that was! I think my wife will be impressed when she gets home.

I had no flour to dip cube steak in and didn't really feel like hitting the stores. So I found a packet of white gravy powder that was already loaded with seasonings and used that to roll cube steak in. Fried both sides 5 min each in hot oil.

Removed meat then added a packet of lipton onion soup and 2 cups of beef broth in skillet. Cut up large onion and a bunch of mushrooms and sauteed till soft. Added remaining white gravy powder to thicken up then put cube steak back in.

Covered and turned down heat once boiling and simmer for 45 min.

Made mashed potatoes and poured gravy over them. I had 2 big helpings.

Old 09-15-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
Insomniac101
That sounds really good!

Old 09-15-2019, 08:20 PM   #3
Lucille
Sounds delicious!!!! I'm sure your wife already realizes what a treasure you are, but too many of the male acquaintances in my life would have just 'folded' if they were out of flour or some other ingredient.

Speaking of taters, I was ordering groceries online (there are now several local places that deliver, which is good because I no longer drive) and I saw seasoned fries and sweet potato fries in the frozen food section. I ordered some of each. I've only tried the seasoned fries but they were delicious.

I don't know if stores had sprayed 'real' taters or what, I always used to have some around and use them rather than dried or frozen, but it seems like all the 'real' potato orders I've gotten this year have sprouted right away. I could get used to the frozen ones already peeled and seasoned though.

Old 09-16-2019, 03:41 PM   #4
JColt
I may have caused myself some trouble. We make extra meals for my in laws. My MIL is legally blind and frail and FIL is frail and couldn't make a sandwich if you put items in front of him. MIL has called 3 times raving about this meal! I had to root through the trash to find the white gravy powder mix so I can re make it, lol. If anyone needs, I used McCormick Original Country Gravy mix to bread cube steak and use as thickening agent for gravy.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:04 PM   #5
Mech
Hi Joe,
Your recipes do it for me.
I have actually recreated some.
I’m sort of a “do it yourself foody” type guy so I dig down to earth recipes.
I want to read more,
so keep posting for me eh?
Thank you.
Andy.

BTW do you by chance have a recipe for egg rolls like they have at at “Jack in the Box” or at the best food trucks?
I can’t find one anywhere.
Heck I can’t even find frozen ones that are pallitable.

Me...
I can offer great seafood or bbq things that work well for us.

Once again thank you.
Andy

Old 09-23-2019, 10:06 PM   #6
Mech
I will make an effort to post things that I like to eat.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:15 PM   #7
Mech
PNW John Wayne Marina Halibut Crab.

This is a good meal that I took my Dad to.

We showed up at the Marina and both ordered their special of the day and didn’t know what we were going to order.

The plate was baked halibut with doungess topped on it with a holinday sauce and a side of green beans and a sortation of veggies.

OMG delish!
Drop the mike goodness.

Thanks again.
Andy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!