For Sale or trade.... amazing super dwarf retic morph - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pythons

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #71
foxcruzin87gt
Also big breeders have had things happy like breeding plattys and gtting a random lucy... and people have bred a platty in and got an ivory the super form... that's the crazy thing about genetics like I've said before... you have an idea of what's you'll get but there can be something else in there like a hidden gene or even get things like chad said where you end up with something that's shouldn't of been there happens alot in the ball pythons
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #72
flyingpoo
A lot of claims here Fox...but for now I'll simplify to a single genetic component. What is your explanation of the Platty part (as others have questioned here)? You claimed that BOTH your parents are Platinum, yet neither of them exhibit the high lemon yellow that is characteristic of Platinums. Not even close. That's something that is immediately easy to recognize, even if an animal is in a shed. I'm not saying the parents aren't nice looking snakes, but you believe them to be Platinum? How do you come to that conclusion? Even if the parents of your parents were Platinum, they can produce regular color phased animals. So again, to simplify, given Platinum is not a recessive trait, how is it you believe these are Platinum in any way?

No disrespect, but either your eyes are deceiving you, or the person who sold you the parents misled you.

Whomever you got your parents from...can you get them to come on here and say they believe your pictured parents are Platinum anything?

Just curious.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #73
foxcruzin87gt
Yes I understand what your saying and also they are used to make ivories.. its hard to tell in the pics of that parents the mom had extremely crazy bright coloring.. to the point if i had the flash on she looked like a white snake and blended into the back ground ...and the dad also had some crazy coloring on one sides of him....

When these snakes shed they have an amazing yellow gold glow to the point they look like a toy snake...

The one thing I've also noticed in taking pictures of snakes they will also get into these moods and change there colors alittle...
especially after eating and when they are happy...

The tigers that were produced also have the same tail markings and odd patterns of both parrents... the pics were taken using a cell phone and even using my new phone its hard to see the coloring you would see in person under normal light...

The amount of iridescence these snakes have gets in the way of the coloring and hides colors...
example.... if I put them under uv light and flip the over the iridescence changes the yellow belly to a white belly...
I may possibly be able to find him... I would have even better luck if I found there paperwork and had dna tests... (dna on the babies obviously)

Again like I said if you looked at them in person they are extrmely bright have crazy grays and blues... the pics truely don't do enough justice for the coloring on these snakes...
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #74
flyingpoo
I agree that photos never do justice as compared to seeing something live. And as you said, all pythons have moments when they really glow (after shed, after a good meal, etc). But a Platinum yellow is tough to hide even at their worst. And iridescence is tough to capture well on film, so I don't know if it makes sense to claim the animal's base coloration is being masked by its iridescence (especially when the photos you have up don't show any iridescence).

I'm sure they have crazy blues and grays, but the Platinum yellow you claim is completely lacking.

Here's a pic of an animal with some really awesome yellow/gold (again, pics don't do justice). Would you say yours are as bright as this? Less so? More so? (and btw, this snake was just going into shed when the photo was snapped as you can tell by the ever so slight hazy eyes, so the colors are far from its best)

Old 10-14-2010, 07:18 AM   #75
Earthworks
lol kind of magical thinking on genetics huh? those crazy genes just pop up and do what they want, totally unpredictable.

it is truly unfortunate that we will never get to truly study the parents due to there unfortunate run in with evil Winston the cat...I personally would have a better set up if i were working with extremely valuable quad+ morph retics but thats just how i roll...

Old 10-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #76
Atlas511
Earthworks, I agree. I cant imaging how much the parents cost...... I would have my own facility if I could afford Super Dwarf platty magic hidden low anery amel poss het calico het genetic stripe! did I miss tiger? o ya, I meant Super Dwarf Tiger platty magic hidden low anery amel poss het calico het genetic stripe Thats like 4 or more generations of breedings to get the above snake.... so somthing like 12 years if the females breed at 3yrs old.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #77
Crypt keeper
thats hysterical shane lmao

Old 10-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #78
foxcruzin87gt
Yeah some magical weird thing goin on.... you all must know a ton about animals and the business and must really know about the snakes that are even sold by big breeders as hidden gene snakes... they are out there... 12 years of breeding?...lol... no way considering the genes can be in the mainland used for the tiger gene... 12 years.... wow and you say I don't know what im talking about good one
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #79
Utta
It would take 12 years for you to be able to market them as SD's

Old 10-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #80
flyingpoo
Hey Fox...you never replied to my response. Was just curious as to how the yellows/golds on your pictured parents look (in person) relative to my animal. Would you say they're comparable? Or would you say yours has a little less than those. Be honest, as I certainly cannot tell from your pics. Thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!