I have Good News And Bad News - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-27-2006, 02:41 PM   #1
brandy101010
I have Good News And Bad News

The Good news is, I got my first hatchling. The bad news is It is not alive.

It's a few days past the eggs due date. The other day, one of the eggs began to cave in. I thought is was going bad and infertile just like the others that did the same thing turned out to be. But I gave it a couple days and watched it carefully just incase. So Today I decided that the egg must be infertile and I was about to toss it. But i Decided to cut it open before doing so just to see. I only expected to find mush like I have in the past. But I found a fully formed decesed little baby. The other egg from that clutch is not caved in or moldy but it is about 5 days past the due date. I am keeping my hopes up that This one will make it. Any Ideas as to what went wrong?

Old 05-27-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
ScottMckillips
This has been my problem all season so far. I have lost about 12 eggs from 2 females. I am trying vermiculite instead of perlite now. I hope this works. It really sucks when you see how close to hatching something is and you lose it. Good luck to you.

Scott McKillips

Old 05-27-2006, 06:14 PM   #3
BalloonzForU
OH Brandy, I'm so sorry. Sometimes first timer eggs just don't do all that well. I'm sure some of the other eggs will produce a nice hatchling for you.

Old 05-27-2006, 07:59 PM   #4
WindyO
So far I am 25 out of 26 eggs. The one egg was infertile. The majority of my breeders are first years with the exception of two. I use Albeys incubation method and a homemade incubator with a Helix control. The important things are heat, humidity, and consistency. Also are you keeping up with your breeders suplements?

Old 05-28-2006, 09:03 AM   #5
brandy101010
I give calcium everyday to breeding females and vitamins once a week.

Still waiting for the clutchmate to hatch...how often do eggs still end up hatching when they are past there due date?

Thanks,
Brandy

Old 05-28-2006, 10:04 AM   #6
WindyO
I have been incubating at 83 and have had between 46 and 58 days. Normally the early ones come from one female but I had one beat her sister out by a week. If the eggs still look good leave them be.
Whats your temp, and how many days has it been?

PS 27 for 28 lol

Old 05-28-2006, 10:49 AM   #7
Valerie
Our first this year hatched out at 72 days almost 10 days after we expected her to. I didn't have any hope that she'd hatch, but she fooled us!

Old 05-29-2006, 09:32 AM   #8
brandy101010
I am incubating at 84 and it has been over 60 days.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!