Necropsies in your collection - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you use necropsies in your collection?
No, I don't do necropsies at all. 0 0%
I might open the snake up and have a look inside, but I am not totally sure of what to look for. 1 14.29%
I do my own necropsies and I have a pretty good idea of what abnormal pathology looks like. 1 14.29%
I have a veterinarian or pathologist perform necropsies professionally when an animal dies of suspicious causes. 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2004, 05:39 PM   #1
snakegetters
Necropsies in your collection

If an animal dies in your collection of unknown or suspicious causes, do you consider it important to perform a necropsy to determine cause of death?

Old 07-19-2004, 06:08 PM   #2
robin d.
i picked this one
" I have a veterinarian or pathologist perform necropsies professionally when an animal dies of suspicious causes "

howevere, if we get any still born or dead deformities or find fresh road kill we usually will pick it up and do our "at home necropsy" to help us try and understand the workings of the animal and where all the organs lie and whatnot .... i like to be able to visually see how the internals are placed in the body and what the insides look like... one thing i have noticed from fresh roacd kill is i have never seen one with fat on its liver and i hear alot of poeple whether its hots,boas,colubrids geckos ect. dieing from fattly liver tissue disease........ really makes me wonder about all of our feeding habits and what exactly is normal (natural;ly) for the animal... of couse you have to take into consideration the animals wild diet compared to out rodent diets or trying to achieve a rodent feeder (in snakes) and even crickets mealworms, superworms and roaches for the insectivorious. lizards and what not

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!