need info,recommendations or encouragement - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:28 AM   #41
yeloowtang
UPDATE on the female.

well she finally ate last night on her own too

been keeping a close eye on her and her weight these past weeks and it stayed the same.
the plan was to tube feed her if she started to look weak.. but last week she started moving in her cage more and more, i tried to feed her a small rat pup, she smelled it, opened her mouth, tried to eat it but then left it there
BUT
last night she striked at it wraped around it like no tomorrow,after fighting the frozen thawed rat for 10 minutes :-D she ate it... was i ever happy to see her down it on her own..

after that second shed, her scales are all looking great, no more redness.

sorry i didn't put a picture up of her before the last shed, but she looked awfull, dried up scales, was sure i would lose her.
after regular baths in luke warm water for 10 minutes and then adding betadine to help her out.. she seemed to re-hydrate nicely and now she's eating..

ok i don't want to get too excited about just one meal, but i'm still verry happy that she has something in her.. nice little wean rat

want to add that , she peed a few times and had a small poop (don't know why she hadn't eaten) and her sent gland did not prolapse/stay out. more good news
the room is at 50% humidity and i spray her cage so it gets a little higher a few times a week..

maybe a combination of this finally paid off.. now to keep her belly full and get some weight on her..

thanks to all who gave idea, oppinions and help me keep hopes up..

Steph

Old 07-14-2014, 10:27 AM   #42
yeloowtang
Final update on my female albino..

I would preffer better news but in the end she died
this past Friday night afetr cleaning her cage and checking her out.

everything seemed perfect, no more RI, sent gland would almost never come out..she wasn't as curious when i had her out and just sat there, but then again , i had just taken her out of the hide where she was sleeping so i didn't make much of it..
she had been eating on a regular basis now and i was happy to see her get better while gaining weight..

but sadly, saterday morning she was gone !!! now i feel real bad for probably making her suffer longer while thinking i was doing the best thing trying to make her better... at least now i know she won't anymore.

wish she would have made it, I really liked her..

thanks to all that ried to help.

Steph

Old 07-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #43
AbsoluteApril
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!