New Moderator - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-10-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
dragonflyreptiles
New Moderator

I wanted to take some time and see how this forum would go before I posted the big ole sticky thread about being moderator.

I do not and will never claim to know everything about chameleons, what I will do is try my best to help anytime with anything I can. There is so much information about chameleons online that its sometimes hard to translate what is important to what it not.

I think as a community we can all work together to help each other take better care of our reptile family.

On a side note, this is a FRIENDLY discussion forum, I really want it to stay that way.

So please just follow the simple rules of all of fauna (These are the basic ones I want to remind posters of):

Treat everyone as you would want to be treated (the golden rule)

Do not talk down to other members (we are all here to learn and that can be hard to do if there is a nasty tone given with the advise)

This is not the BOI (please do not discuss any business matters here)

If you do not know where the warning list is posted, here is the link:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/warn.php?

When in doubt about what you are saying, type, go back and read, then see if it would offend you if directed at you when you asked for help.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:23 PM   #2
Chameleon Company
Congrats Wendy, I was happy for you when I first saw this.

And that's a fact. For anyone who reads here, they may have noticed that you and I locked horns, much to my surprise, in the "supplements", and "fruit fly" threads in the last 48 hours. I encourage those with nothing better to do to read there, especially in the "fruit fly" thread, which with your new-found powers, you locked down after getting in another off-topic barb today about what others said to you of me, which you characterized as negative. Needless to say, I have much documented proof of positive things said about me in Fauna as well, but I guess that did not serve your purpose? Here's the last post of that thread, by Wendy:
Quote:
Jim I will not debate this with you here, take it to HELL if you like. I have had a problem with how to talk "at" and "down" and not to people within your post. There is no specific thread, your attitude was mentioned by other members to me whom I had bragged about you to. I then looked at a few post, did see your point in a lot of threads but did NOT like the attitude and tone and I told you.

This thread will now be LOCKED since it is no longer about fruit flies but about how I feel your advise and tips would be better taken if posted in a non condesending way.
You attack my character in that thread by innuendo, and going way off topic, and now don't want to "debate" when I defend my character and disagree with you ! BTW, I am not a member of HELL, and never will be. My opinion of it is that it is where too many low-life's play.

I still wish you well Wendy. You and I BOTH have detractors, as does anyone who has posted in Fauna with any frequency. Agreed? Look at how you tried to emphasize my detractors so as to discredit me in the thread which you locked down. You acknowledge that I did try to keep the issue private by PM'ing you early on, and that YOU chose to go public with all the off-topic silliness, for which you eventually locked down the thread, rather than discuss it in PM's. From back when we had a better communication relationship, we have talked specifically about people who had spoken negatively of you in the past. You brought it up. With 3600 posts or so, you have been in some real barn-burners, have you not? And you have detractors, do you not? And you thought many of them unfair, did you not? And now its you, pretending that a few who do not care for me (rest assured my opinion of them is none too high either), is worthy of being brought into a discussion here when you and I are debating chameleon husbandry, because you chose to make unsupported criticisms in two threads, and I asked for the information which would lend credence to your criticisms, which you did not offer, or inaccurately quoted the writings of others when you did. It was a chameleon debate, and this is the place for it. You made it the attack I have referred to above.
I have plenty of support in this site Wendy. I believe and hope that you do too. The last thing I would do is take the opinions of a few who did not care for you and use it to undermine you in a thread. It would be neither fair nor accurate. But it didn't take you long to reach for such cheap ammo. After the discussions we had about specific negative things that others said about you, can you imagine what you would think if it had been I who took the same foolish words of others and attempted to belittle you here? I don't back away from a single position I have taken in opposition to those who have been whispering in your ear. I was as snug as a bug in a rug in my ethical debates with them, and won't compromise them for anybody. No doubt your respect for me has gone way down Wendy, for one reason or another. Oh well. But if I took some of the opinions others have aimed at you in past posts, and used them here against you, how low could we go, eh? Think about it, for it goes both ways.
I am still glad that Rich gave you this opportunity. I still wish you well. I hope to still be able to learn until the day I die. But for all my faults, and detractors, I am not as quick to the gutter as many here, if ever in the gutter. The things I could write if I were. Good luck Wendy, and I mean it.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:55 AM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
Jim I don't know how else to say this, I am not attacking yoru character and I could care less who does or does not like you for that matter. And I have not used anything anyone has said or felt of you.

It is the way you are posting your replies, you seem to be unable to post here without having a attitude. You have tried to belittle every post I and others have made. You talk DOWN to people and you eveidently just can't find a way to post without the sarcasm, rudeness and blah added to it.

Please stop this as I have asked you in private & public for several weeks now. Maybe you shoudl join HELL, then you might be able to see that its not your opinion that I or anyone else has issue with, its how you state it that people have a problem with.

Old 04-13-2006, 09:18 AM   #4
Chameleon Company
Wendy,
I will not cut and paste to make a point, just let the readers draw the opinions that they choose to about your current words. The readers do not have access to our PM's and emails though. I will remind the audience that you did not reply to me in private about this, and I specifically PM'd you about the unsupported crtiticisms of husbandry recommendations in your posts, and you did not reply in private. The PM exchange that we had back in February is not even close to how you characterize it now. It was quite friendly, and it was about my beliefs on an issue of ethics. We traded PM's just this past Saturday, where I congratulated you, and your words were to encourage me to post here. We all have attitudes and opinions, BTW. Good luck.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
Rebel Dragons
Come on guys, there's no reason to continue this any further. You both have an obscene amount of information and support to offer this forum. Who likes and who doesn't like who and why, is really pointless to debate here or anywhere for that matter.

Wendy, your doing a great job here and I commend your effort and appreciate all the valuable information you give.

Chamco, you as well have offered a ton of information and support to members in this forum.

Disagreements and differences of opinions are always going to happen. Handle them the right way and the members of this forum are going to learn something. Continue handling them with bickering and BS and the members are going to go somewhere else. It upsets me to see 2 people who have so much to offer this forum, bickering and sliding backwords. Especially when they should be working together to move this forum forward.

Shake hands, learn from eachother and then teach me!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!