Requesting, asking or begging for karma - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:06 AM   #21
kmurphy
I guess I am in disagreement with the majority when it comes to trader ratings. I can't see how it is wrong for anyone, that is in sales, to ask for a good recommendation after a successful transaction. Why do you think people in sales hand out 2 or 3 business cards to a client? They're not thinking they need a bunch for their wallet, they're hoping they'll pass them along.
Word of mouth, testimonials, and the like, are the best form of advertising, and I don't agree that it is in pour taste to ask for them.

I can't believe anyone would ask for karma though. Possibly if they didn't know what it was exactly.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:37 AM   #22
Cat_72
I think it's completely silly to ask someone for "karma"! Why would you??

I also don't believe in asking anyone to vote on my trader rating.....though I always try to make sure to do such for others who I do business with that are members here. I find that kind of "tacky" as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
As long as we are close to the subject - I also think that voting in one's own GCC poll is pretty tacky, though I have been noticing more of it recently

I just noticed it from one person recently, and I thought about questioning if that was even supposed be allowed....I don't think one should be allowed to vote for themselves, it kind of defeats the whole idea of it IMO.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:45 AM   #23
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I think I may have muddled my answer a bit~ when I say I think it is okay to ask for trader ratings~ I mean I think it is okay and a good thing that the system notifies the recipient when a rating is placed. This is kind of defacto asking for the rating yourself. Your remembering to rate your customer reminds him/her to rate you.

When I say I take the Karma more personally than some~ I mean the comments left behind not the points. I really enjoy it when I see someone left me Karma and made a nice comment. Makes me smile! Thats why I always object when someone suggests we get rid of the Karma system. It serves no real purpose~ I know......but it makes me smile and I like it!

Voting on your own GGC? Tacky~ I've noticed it too~ It's tacky.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:08 AM   #24
Dragondad
On the subject of the Trader Ratings, I can see the idea of mentioning it to someone. When I first started my ebay business when I sent shipping notification my last paragraph was something like "I have left positive feedback if you, if you liked the service and product feel free to leave positive for me." So I can't fault those who do ask especially as they are trying to build their reputation. If I sell something now I do my part and just let those that want do theirs.

Voting on your own GGC is just bad taste, the whole concept of having a reputation in business is what others think of your business practices and product.

Karma is still, if you have to ask you don't deserve!!!!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:56 PM   #25
Mooing Tricycle
i am noticing alot of us Ebay users, dont have a whole ton of a problem with Asking for feedback. Like most said, everyone is trying to build up their reputation, so somone who dosnt do it, isnt helping that along. BUT
Again, if you have to BEG somone to do it after the initial, " ive left you feedback, if you want you can give me some " URL - here" feel free!" Then thats silly. if they dont want to do it, or cant for some reason, well... too bad, noone should be forced to do it, but a kind reminder after the initial sale/purchase i dont feel is offensive in the least.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:18 PM   #26
Stardust
I am not an Ebay person but I do know people who are and I can understand wanting feed back as it is important and shows you are trustworthy.
I, me personally, just could not ask someone for it. I can give it but I have always had a hard time asking for myself like that. Nothing wrong in that context with asking and I don't fault people in that situation, I just don't or wouldn't ask.
"Karma" though is entirely different. It is not about a good sale.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:29 PM   #27
ms_terese
Asking for karma is a sure fire way to not get any from me, but I've received requests in the past.

I don't give out too much....mostly positive, and then focused on posts that are especially poignant, brave, or kind. I don't "reciprocate" karma, be it positive OR negative.

Like others, I get the "you have to spread some karma around before giving it to XXXXX again" more often than I actually give any out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!