Tortoises STOLEN from Mich. wildlife park. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
Casey Hulse
Tortoises STOLEN from Mich. wildlife park.

This is Jane from Mid Michigan Reptile Rescue. I'm contacting everyone that I can that is involved with the sales of reptiles in the state of Michigan. Sometime last night someone broke into the Wilderness Trails wildlife park in Birch Run and took 6 tortoises. Two of the tortoises, Leopard torts, belonged to us and were on loan to the park. The Sulcatas ranged from 12 pounds to 65 pounds and were all female. The Leopards were 10 inches and 20+ inches. I was hoping that you could keep your eyes open for tortoises for sale that may be these stolen ones. Also, if you could spread the word to other herp enthusiasts I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Jane

Jane C. Billette
Mid Michigan Reptile Rescue
www.michiganreptilerescue.org

Old 10-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #2
John Apple
I'll keep my eyes open at the next show, if you could send me pics of them and if I see them I can call you.
Send me the pics and your number in a pm and I'll look for them. I want no monetary reward or anything , I just want to see the torts get back to the owners

Old 10-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #3
Casey Hulse
I was posting this for Jane Billette, I have no pitures but I sent her a link to this thread.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #4
Casey Hulse
Quote:
pitures
=
pictures.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:49 AM   #5
John Apple
The show is coming up on the 13'th in Taylor off of Wick rd.
There are hardly any torts there so if there are any this time??????

Old 10-05-2007, 08:15 AM   #6
Casey Hulse
Quote:
The show is coming up on the 13'th in Taylor off of Wick rd
John. We will be going to Tinley that weekend, but come by our table in Nov. and introduce yourself.
If the tortoises show up at the show, I think there will be quite a few people "interested"

Old 10-31-2007, 01:07 PM   #7
Rattlesnake
Were the Tortoises ever recovered?

Old 10-31-2007, 01:23 PM   #8
Casey Hulse
Last I heard 2 weeks ago, they were not.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:27 PM   #9
Wilomn
Pics would be helpful. The San Jose, Ca. show is this coming weekend too.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:31 PM   #10
Casey Hulse
I have sent the victims a link to this thread, they have seen it, but I think pictures are not available.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!