hi yall, i'm new here, welcome me! =D - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:15 AM   #1
neilg
hi yall, i'm new here, welcome me! =D

oops.. upon registering i was in a rush to get area's filled out and full name got entered as George Nei(i think?) because of a problem with my new touchscreen laptop as well as L not working and I didnt notice until I submitted that info and so anyway...

I am requesting my name amended to Neil George (my real full name).

thanks in advance and i look forward to contributing to this site despite being a newbie and still busy with grad school, etc.

thanks,

Neil G.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #2
chrisis697
Welcome neil!!
Lots of good stuff on here, hope you enjoy!!

Old 10-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #3
neilg
wow, my first welcome (aside from personal attention via PMsg from the wonderful WebSlave master of this awesome site himself)?

thanks Christopher!

yesterday i received my 3 high white diamondback babies from Dave in PA and it was probably what most triggered me finding and joining here while perusing for info on these little native gems as i was all excited to get them settled in the right way.

i was surprised the babies are more blackish colored than they appeared in bright digital pics (but not at all disappointed!) and wondered how their color will change as they grow up.. well time will tell and am already looking forward to expanding my habitat/care for repts and possibly/inevitably(?) adding to my collection after seeing how tiny and precious baby repts are and how neat it would be for most all the repts i end up having around, been raised from wee babies from the practically the start (ie rather than buying 4"+ pet shop babies which would be more suitable for households with kids, luckily theres no kids on the way that i know of yet at my humble abode).

cheers!

Old 10-19-2014, 12:10 AM   #4
Dennis Hultman
Welcome to the site, Neil!

Old 10-19-2014, 07:29 PM   #5
Mikkwa
Welcome aboard Neil. You will definitely enjoy the site and find plenty to keep you busy reading here. Many years of experience and knowledge behind many if the members on here.

Your babies sound adorable! These are baby Diamondback turtles, right? I'm betting you add to your reptile collection very soon.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:39 PM   #6
neilg
gosh its been a while, like 6mos since i been back on FC.

the smallestone of the high-white diamondback baby trio died, one that grew quickly i gave to a nephew just days ago when it reached over 3.9" and the remaining baby i am giving to the neighbor's son who comes over to see it like everyday wanting to play with it but won't let him have it till it reaches 4" then its all is!

Old 05-26-2015, 04:40 PM   #7
neilg
^his (sp)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!