Venomoids, the right and the wrong. - Page 26 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #251
Snakehandler
Any publicity is good publicity?

Old 05-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #252
Fangthane
A compulsive need to see his name in lights. In a word: Narcissism.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #253
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by adder View Post
OK Cranky moderator, you seem to have given unreasonable leeway to a pair of liars who are unable to even identify six common snakes in an image and yet make false statements online against a recognized expert on reptiles, cited more than a million times.
Your call, your forum.
I shall take leave for the time being.
If you'd had any sense, Mr Hoser,you would have just stopped the name calling.
Sorry to disrupt the discussion, gentlemen; but he made a poor choice

Old 05-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #254
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Sorry to disrupt the discussion, gentlemen; but he made a poor choice
No big loss. It wasn't much of a discussion, anyway. He seems to have convinced himself that the simple act of him making a statement automatically meant it should be taken as gospel. Clearly, as the posted documentation shows, that's just not the case. As far as the site is concerned, I think it's a prime example of addition by subtraction.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:10 AM   #255
NocturnalNature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/si...=0&query=hoser

STILL dodging some important points of contention. I wonder why....
That was quite the interesting link!
Any chance of credibility on the forum is pretty much gone, if people take the time to read it.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #256
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalNature View Post
Any chance of credibility on the forum is pretty much gone, if people take the time to read it.
That's one of the most comical aspects of the whole Hoser episode. To say that he has no credibility, would be an enormous understatement. To anyone who actually bothered to read much of this thread, I have to believe it's painfully obvious that the guy has completely lost touch with reality. I kept throwing the truth in his face, and he kept denying it; at least, when he wasn't too busy trying to deflect attention with his pitiful attacks and stupid little taxonomy game. He must have honestly thought he was fooling us. Just...wow.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:10 AM   #257
NocturnalNature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
That's one of the most comical aspects of the whole Hoser episode. To say that he has no credibility, would be an enormous understatement. To anyone who actually bothered to read much of this thread, I have to believe it's painfully obvious that the guy has completely lost touch with reality. I kept throwing the truth in his face, and he kept denying it; at least, when he wasn't too busy trying to deflect attention with his pitiful attacks and stupid little taxonomy game. He must have honestly thought he was fooling us. Just...wow.
I was trying to be kind LOL.
I have read the whole thread, and unfortunately, I believe he actually believes the things he writes about himself. I don't have a problem calling a liar a liar, but in this case, his responses (especially in light of the posted court proceedings) lead me to believe it isn't that cut and dry with this individual. I actually have a bit of pity for someone who feels the need to validate their self worth to the point of being possibly delusional.
The possibility of this mindset certainly does not excuse his rambling, but it does make me feel somewhat sorry for him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!