Thomas Burnham aka TobyEking wooden snakes badguy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
thomas davis
Thumbs down Thomas Burnham aka TobyEking wooden snakes badguy

beware www.woodensnakes.com the guy is talented but he contacted me about a trade for a 1.2 l.g.floridana breeders for one of his sticks(these were proven,and at the time had an ad up for 300.00 for the trio). i was excited and sent him the trio this was 2years ago. yes i know 2yrs.(sad huh?) he has strung me along long enough i have all the emails over the 2yrs. and will post them soon, he apperently has the time to complete several sticks for "cash" paying customers, i would strongly advise against anyone trading/bartering w/this guy,,,,,,,,thomas davis

Old 09-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
thomas davis
sorry

wrong link here is the guys website on another note my emails are returned now so if someone knows the guy or can relay a link to this thread its apprecieated,,,,,,, http://www.wood-n-snakes.com/
,,,,thomas davis

Old 09-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
thomas davis
here

here is our initial correspondance note the dates,,,,,,,
News
Travel
Finance
EntertainmentYahoo!My Yahoo!MailTutorialsMore Welcome, tboned20012001Sign OutAll-New MailHelp Make Y! your home pageYahoo! SearchSearch:

Mail| Addresses| Calendar| Notepad Mail Upgrades - Options Check MailCompose Search Mail: Search MailSearch the Web

Hot Web Finds
Daily on THE 9

Folders[Add - Edit]
Inbox (5) Draft Sent Bulk[Empty] Trash[Empty] My Folders[Hide]
bbbbaby biz oppertunity e.king sales milk sales txpatchnose sales
Search Shortcuts
My Photos My Attachments
Sorry, this feature is not yet available in your country.
You can still receive new mail alerts through Yahoo! Messenger, or automatically manage your messages using filters.

Previous | Next | Back to Messages Call or Instant Message
DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...
Printable View This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]

Subject: RE: Message from TobyEKing about RE: bluerosy,,,,OH yeah,,,
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 01:36:27 -0500
From: "Burnham, Thomas E., Jr." <TBURNHAM@southernco.com> View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert
To: "thomas davis" <tboned20012001@yahoo.com>
Thomas,
Its a deal Ill need as many pictures as you will send of it....including the bottom scales and under the chin as well. A close up or two of the head and Ill get it as close to that exact snake as I can. It wont be perfect but it will be close as humanly possible. I ask one more thing. Once it is done and you have it for you to go back to my website and comment on what you think of it.
My addresses is:
Thomas Burnham
1282 Roscoe Road
Newnan Ga. 30263
I just took vacation for the next 6 days so I'll get right on it.That black tipping is going to be a job. I just finished that speckled king for Todd and it WAS a job Thought I would go cross-eyed before I finished all those little specks.....LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:24 AM
To: Burnham, Thomas E., Jr.
Subject: RE: Message from TobyEKing about RE: bluerosy,,,,OH yeah,,,

ok ive decided on a honduran milksnake i have this stripe and plan on perfecting the morph i will get more pics but would like it to be like this if possible let me know and ill go ahead and send ya the kings i need the room anyway ttys,,,,,,,,,thomas

"Burnham, Thomas E., Jr." <TBURNHAM@southernco.com> wrote:
Thomas a cobra is possible I have done one before, I only done it
because it was a request. The trouble with a cobra is its really hard to
do it and make it like a walking cane reason being the head of the
cobra really need to be at the top which makes it kinda hard to have a
handle there. Id love to have the floridas just cause Im looking for
something to breed this upcoming year. Im just getting back into snakes
again and would like to have something to breed. I have worked this same
deal so far with Jlassiter, "Antelope" Todd Hughes, and Robert Hansen.
I'll do the trade with you the same as I have done it with them. Stick
for the snakes and we each pay our own shipping.It will take me roughly
about three weeks to complete the stick. I take pictures of it all along
the way and will send you pics as I make them. If you are interested let
me know and we can work out any final details. There several other
questions Ill have to ask about the stick.
Thomas E Burnham
Sr. Security Officer
Plt. Yates

-----Original Message-----
From: ThomasDavis@houston.rr.com [mailto:ThomasDavis@houston.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 6:39 PM
To: Burnham, Thomas E., Jr.
Subject: Re: Message from TobyEKing about RE: bluerosy,,,,OH yeah,,,

well sure i hadnt thought of it but sure id swap the trio of fla.kings
for one of them sticks i think id like a cobra is that possible?
anyway let me know,,,
thomas davis
713)895-9562

instant karma's gonna get you oneday its gonna knock ya right in the
face,,,,,,we miss you john

----- Original Message -----
Date: Monday, November 14, 2005 4:51 pm
Subject: Message from TobyEKing about RE: bluerosy,,,,OH yeah,,,

> ************************************************** **
> This message was sent through the Contact Form at our
> Forums. This person will not know your email address
> until you reply to them.
> ************************************************** **
>
> Thomas,
> You had mention to me about getting a snake stick at one time.
> I saw your ad on fauna, would you be interested in working
> something out on the trio of floridas? Never hurts to ask you
> know.
>
> This message was sent to you by the user: TobyEKing
> from Kingsnake.com - Herpforum at http://forums.kingsnake.com

and here he got them
"burnham/rogers families" <railbugg@bellsouth.net> View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert
To: "'thomas davis'" <tboned20012001@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: fla.kings
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 18:14:12 -0500
yes I like very much I had been wanting something to breed this upcoming year just to see the eggs hatch again. This weekend is going to be a very busy weekend I have three to get cranked oout and need to get as much done as I can. I'll send you pics of it as I get more and more of it done.
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 2:33 PM
To: burnham/rogers families
Subject: fla.kings

hey thomas fedex tracking says they were delivered?do ya like?

burnham/rogers families <railbugg@bellsouth.net> wrote: yeah Thomas,
I have three hondos, Two are from Randy whittington there are het for hypos,
and I have one that I cant verify it cause it came from a kid that bought it at a south carolina herp show, but it also is supposed to be het hypo. And Im not sure of the sex of it. Not been probed or anything. But I would guess that it is a male. And they are something that I am going to move. Im not happy with them ( to spastic for me) I like the calmer kings and such.
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 5:41 PM
Subject: RE: stripe honduran stick

ok then i will ship wedsday for a thursday to you i will email tracking info when i get it, and i will get some closeups of the hondo for ya, also just outta curiousity dont you have some hondos if so what types and sex? ,,,,,,,,thomas

burnham/rogers families <railbugg@bellsouth.net> wrote: yeah Thomas that sounds great either one.
dont forget that I still need a couple of pics of head close ups.

Thomas Burnham
1282 roscoe road
Newnan Ga
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:53 PM

HEY THOMAS ,
I WAS GONNA SHIP TODAY OR TOMOROW LET ME KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU AND SEND SHIPPING ADDRESS THANKS ,,,,,,,,THOMAS DAVIS

burnham/rogers families <railbugg@bellsouth.net> wrote:
That will work Thomas, Ive been out of commission the last few days. Think I have a bladder infection but next week will be cool. Just let me know.
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 8:50 PM

hey thomas, sorry i cannot ship the fla.kings mon11/21 as i thought im to swamped with work and turkeyday family stuff all week to ship i beleive i will be able to ship them to you next monday 11/28,plus ill get ya some more pics this week sometime of the stripe hondo anyway ttys,,,,,,,thomas davis 713)895-9562

burnham/rogers families <railbugg@bellsouth.net> wrote: Those pics are great if you can try and get another of the head close up that kinda had a bad glare. I need that one for the detail on the head. The other will work great.
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 11:15 PM

sounds good here are a few pics i will get more soon,,,,,,ttyl,,,thomas

heres a few more note dates
Thomas,

Right now Im good on pics and Ill get you some pics to you ASAP my grandfather pasted away this past weekend and been kinda crazy since Ill try in the next day or two to download the pics that I have already taken and get a few new ones, Im trying to hurry up and finish it cause the weather is warming up here and I know Im going to want to get out and about.

Toby

Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:10 PM
To: TnC
Subject: RE: RE: 12 stripe honduran pics

hey toby,

just checking to see if ya need any more pics? and if ya might have a pic of the stick, anyway ttys,,,,,,,thomas davis

TnC <railbugg@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Perfect Thomas,

I had to stop on your temporarily to finish up on one that a guy had on order but didn’t have the rest of the cash. Well he came up with the cash so I needed to go ahead and finish it . Now Ill get back on yours.

Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 7:13 PM
To: railbugg@bellsouth.net
Subject: Fwd: RE: 12 stripe honduran pics

here are more note date

Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 11:21 AM
To: TnC
Subject: RE: walking stick, please respond

sure if you can get me pics this weekend i would prefer my stick that would make me happy. i understand shit happens and i have no hard feelings i just want some resolution,i dont want you to "rush" my stick as i know what you do is quite amazing as well as veryvery time consuming im sure. just a pic or two would make me happy at this point and a ballpark time on when it will be finished,ttys,,,,,,,,,thomas

TnC <railbugg@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Thomas,

All I can say is that I apologize. I have been slack on getting you photos and finishing your stick. I could rant and rave about things that have been going on but the fact of the matter is you still don’t have your stick. Tell you what, your choice, I can get you the photos of your stick and put a rush on it and have it shipped by next weekend ( photos will be sent to you this weekend) OR I can send you the Eastern King (black and yellow, the black and white has sold ) stick this weekend OR I can send you back the trio of Floridas. Again as I said I do apologize. You tell me what I can do to make it right and I’ll do my best. I’ll uphold my end of the deal I’ll try and think of something a little extra I can do that will help to make it up. Let me know if these ideas are not something we can work out let me know what would make you happy.

Thomas

Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 6:00 PM
To: thomas burnham
Subject: walking stick, please respond

hey toby hows about just sending me back the 1.2 fla.kings(ya said ya had to get rid of them anyway) its been 8 months and i havnt even seen a pic! theres pics on your site of some cobra your working on??? but i just really feel im gettin the run around. 8 months is PLENTY of time to at the very least send me a picture. so i propse you just send me back the 1.2 fla.kings -or- just send me better pics of that eastern king stick(black&white) thats for sale on your site thats complete for 225shipped and maybe ill just take that one,,,anyway let me know no something i hope there are no hard feelings eitherway you just have to realize it from my point 8 months,no comunication,no pics????,,,,,thomas davis
and here is the last he responded to me note dates
RE: wow its done??
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:50:51 -0400
Yep your right, yours is well past due and it should have already been to you. I apologize that it isn’t. I thought three weeks ago I would finish it but work shot me down. All that I like on yours is the eyes and clear coat. Yes it was my idea to do the trade for the Florida’s.

You have to understand that this is a hobby for me, I NEVER in my wildest dreams ever thought it would turn into what it has. The guy that has gotten the three before you including the cobra is a collector of walking canes and he paid big money for my sticks.

Bottom line is I will finish up your stick in the next couple of days and get it to you. All I can do is offer an apology and get your stick to you.

Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 11:09 AM
To: thomas
Subject: wow its done??

hey toby,just checking to see whats up?, in aug. it will be 2years. i know it takes alot of time but DAMN!!! i ask that you look at this from my point of view, 3sticks to some other guy???what gives? i would have gladly sent cash if thats what it takes? remember it was you who contacted me about the 1.2 floridana i was selling to trade for a stick,i could have sold them and sent cash. and now it just seems you want to add to my frustration by saying yeah mon.or tues.3weeks ago, anyway im kinda torn on how to handle this and would really apprecieate an explanation of how its right ANYONE got their sticks before me muchless 3,one of which was the cobra that was started AFTER mine! how is that fair or right in anyway?,,,(very frustrated),,,,,thomas davis houston,tx.713)895-9562

thomas <railbugg@bellsouth.net> wrote:

I have to put the eyes in and then clear coat but it should be done this weekend. Ready to be shipped Monday or Tuesday. I hope it is close enough to the one you have, that was a hard paint scheme to duplicate. But look for an e-mail from me with tracking number around the first of the week.

Take Care

Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 1:00 PM
To: Thomas E. Jr. Burnham; thomas burnham
Subject: [SPAM] wow its done??

hey thomas, wow its done huh? man i cant wait!!!

thomas davis

Old 09-20-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
thomas davis
well

its kinda sad but i received this email from TobyEking after posting this thread. of course when i try to respond its sent back (if someone can alert him of this thread,thanks) note he says it needs clearcoat samething it needed back in june anyway IF i ever get the stick i will post it, but honestly ive given up, and could think of a few choice things he can do w/that stick! buyer/trader beware!,,,,,,,thomas davis

Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:48:01 -0400
Thomas,

Sorry it took me so long to get back with you. We have been having troubles here. I have your stick finished except the clear coat. Once I get it on and it dries I will get it out ASAP. Also I need all your contact info again. When we moved and lost the other email we lost a lot of info as well. Then compound that with our computer crashing it has been HELL the past couple of months. Long story made short I will get your stick to you shortly and will drop you an email once it is on its way. It looks like it will be Monday (24th ) that I will try to ship out.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #5
David Scarboro
Thomas, Sorry to hear about your troubles with this guy. Newnan is not that far from me (1 hour without traffic) so if you don't get it soon, I will go and pick it up. Let me know...

Old 09-21-2007, 11:31 PM   #6
thomas davis
well

thanks for that offer david, but at this point ive just written it off and just want to put the warning out for anyone thinking about dealing w/this guy. its pretty sad as the guy is very talented. what really gets me is how he seemed to say cash paying customers are somehow "more" important than trade customers irregardless that HE proposed the trade! like i told him i could have SOLD the trio and payed him cash but HE wanted the trio ohwell,,,,,,,,thomas davis

Old 09-22-2007, 12:50 PM   #7
bud mierkey
SAD

too bad it sounded like a cool deal!
good luck

Old 09-28-2007, 11:40 AM   #8
thomas davis
Angry

another week with no contact from thomas burnham. 2years he has had 1.2 l.g.fla. proven breeders of mine THAT HE wanted to trade for one of his sticks. 2years ago i sent him the trio. he said it would take 6weeks!
thomas davis

Old 09-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #9
deborahbroadus
Why not just take David up on his offer? It would lower your blood pressure, you have still alerted the public and you won't need to be completely empty handed from the deal?

You have said that you have written it off, but remaining angry will not accomplish much for you. I would want what I paid/traded for.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #10
thomas davis
well

maybe i will take david up on the offer, but i beleive thomas burnham has moved. at anyrate i have finally got through to him(guestbook on his website) and alerted him of this thread. and yes deborah while it is true being angry wont accomplish much for me maybe this thread will alert other people of how the guy does business which is its purpose,,,,,,,,thomas davis

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!