Ed Clark at Cape May Reptiles!! Great Guy!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:53 AM   #21
KelliH
Quote:
True Kelli, and nice looking WC/CH normals sounds even better.
That too, yes.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:58 AM   #22
hhmoore
I have to say this is getting kind of old - the ad being referred to contained the descriptors granite and harlequin. People questioned it, saying they were nothing more than normals...that was when Ed responded that they were specials or minor morphs. Despite all the fuss, a well known importer & breeder came in to the subsequent BOI thread and said that the descriptors used were accepted terms for animals with that appearance, AND confirmed that even the importers paid higher prices for "specials" (and this is based on what the African exporters consider special). http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...79&postcount=5.
I don't care if anybody likes Ed or not, nor do I particularly care if anybody buys from him. Yes, he dropped the ball recently and left a customer hanging...a simple response and followup would have gone a long way. He blew it, and is paying the price...BUT, the suppositions are clouding facts. Beat him up for quarantine practices, less than ideal customer service, whatever...but stop beating a long dead horse over the way he priced "select" CH animals and saying he labeled/traded $45 worth of imports as CBB holdbacks (based on an ASSumption, mind you).

I am not defending Ed - if he can't speak up for himself, I'm damn sure not going to do it for him - but the witch hunt has long since tweaked my nerves

Old 10-14-2007, 09:09 AM   #23
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Harbart
Ah, the loyalty of a lap dog... how cute. You mislabel yourself as a jedi. The reality is more like a Pomeranian with a bad case of mange.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:33 AM   #24
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
It really would have been a great deal all around if you would have paid for those boas in full?
Sorta curious Ed. How come you can remember that, 4 1/2 years later, yet you can't remember if you sent Emily CBB future hold back breeders, or CH imported stuff 10 months ago?

Old 10-14-2007, 09:40 AM   #25
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
Sorta curious Ed. How come you can remember that, 4 1/2 years later, yet you can't remember if you sent Emily CBB future hold back breeders, or CH imported stuff 10 months ago?
I hate to say it, but that answer is as simple as human nature...I might not remember details about "normal" transactions that occurred a year ago (and I don't do nearly the volume that Ed does, but you can bet I remember the people that stiffed me 10 years ago. For that reason, I can buy the notion that Ed didn't recall the specifics of the deal when he was first asked...but that doesn't make the lack of response thereafter acceptable. He should have sorted it out, gotten back to his customer with a response, and addressed her concerns in some manner.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:43 AM   #26
hhmoore
")" - please insert the end parentheses in the middle of the 3rd line above, after the word "does"...marking the statement: (and I don't do nearly the volume that Ed does)

Old 10-14-2007, 09:57 AM   #27
crotalusadamanteus
True! Bet you'd remember if you sold something you had breeding plans for also. As well as to whome you sold them.

Am I correct?

Old 10-14-2007, 10:31 AM   #28
hhmoore
I've done it...and I would have to go through my emails (assuming that I filed them) to figure out the recipients of some. Granted - an email containing a reminder of the trade would jar my memory...but I don't move a large volume of animals, either. Ed gets in quantities of CH babies, produces some (?), purchases for resale, takes them in on trade, and probably deals with imports...Emily's initial email didn't state that she got CBB, or even ask for verification that she did - it simply said "remember the group of female ball pythons that you sent me last year in trade for a group of cresteds?", to which Ed replied, "Emily, thanks for the message. dont remember if the Balls that I sent you were captive bred or captive hatched. will look into it to find out and get back to you." At that point, she told him that they were supposed to be CB from his collection.
I try to keep most pertinent emails from customers...heck, I usually maintain inquiries for months; but I just deleted about 250 emails, and I may well have purged something I will want later. Again, this is not an excuse for Ed - he told her he would look into it and get back to her. THAT IS WHAT HE SHOULD HAVE DONE, even if he couldn't locate the email/record or he discovered that he had sent her imports. He promised he would get back to her, he should have followed through. If he was wrong, he should have admitted it & offered compensation. If he was right, he should have at least made a reasonable attempt to state his case, as opposed to some half- er...(ah) - hearted attempt at deflection.
That BS way of dealing with the situation is the whole reason that things are where they are.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #29
hhmoore
(for the record - I recently went through a bunch of old emails, trying to find a specific piece of information regarding a past sale. I knew approximately when it occurred, and I still had a heck of a time locating it. I can only imagine how many more emails Ed would have...but that doesn't change the bottom line, he shouldn't have ceased communication in the manner he did)

Old 10-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #30
Jbreddawg
All reasonable explainations. Any of which would have killed this thread long ago. Ed on the other hand , blew her off and then called her a liar in another forum. Piss poor customer service .
I was given advice awhile ago that was pretty good.

"Look closer at the breeder then the snakes "

It doesnt really matter this far along as to wheather it was parasites, wc, cbb,etc... What matters is that he sucks as a reptile dealer because of his after purchase customer service.
Everyboy kisses your behind when there about to make a deal , it's how they treat you after the fact that says the most about a person. Jerry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!