Ed Clark at Cape May Reptiles!! Great Guy!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #31
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECLARK
Emily, thanks for the message. dont remember if the Balls that I sent you were captive bred or captive hatched. will look into it to find out and get back to you.
But traded for how many hundreds of dollars worth of geckos? And sold them as CBB future breeders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
I have a very good herp vet that I use and we do random fecals on my adult breeders and have not had any positive results yet for internal parasites...all negative!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark: Dont you think these parasites would have shown up in these Ball Pythons before this. its been about a year since I shipped these to you?
But no proof he tested anything at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark: Emily we did a trade deal about a year ago with some baby ball pythons, for some of your crested geckos.
But then he proves to be what he is here:
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #32
varnyard
So he admits they did a trade and then turns around and says there is no proof she got them from him.

I think that paints a pretty good picture of him. But defend if you must.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:23 PM   #33
crotalusadamanteus
I don't think Harald is defending Ed, so much as certain circumstances involved in the whole mess. I can see that much.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:37 PM   #34
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
I don't think Harald is defending Ed, so much as certain circumstances involved in the whole mess. I can see that much.
I realize that, and I agree. However, I sell a pile of tegus each season, I don't remember all of them or who they were all sold to. But if I sell some of my real nice holdbacks, I don't forget who they went to, or if they were some of my best stock. There is no doubt, they are the some of the best I had.

Ed's ad was saying these were CBB future breeders/ holdbacks, then he says he don't know if they were CH. IMO, it would not be something he would forget as easy as this.

Then again, to call her a liar after his admission of the trade, well thats just pure garbage.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #35
Wilomn
You know, there are some years that I sell a few hundred kings and corns. Some years I hold back 10 to 20 babies to see how they turn out later down the line. Some of these yearlings I then sell because I don't need that many and/or they didn't meet my arbitrarily ever moving line to be a keeper.

But, of those 10-20 yearlings, I could ID each one by sight, size, sex and how it ate. If I sold one I'd know. If I traded one, I'd remember. If one or two or three were problem eaters, which happens on occasion, I'd remember what had been done to them.

I don't do imports, but I have. When we were importing, and I was the guy doing the cleaning and feeding and worming, we kept the imports completely separate from all other stock. There wasn't any chance of an import being mistaken as one of captive origin.

While I do completely see how Harald could see things the way he does, I simply cannot see how mr. clark, given his reluctance to say so, is innocent of having lied to and stolen from Emily.

You just don't make that mistake, not by accident do you send someone imports instead of captive bred and born future breeder holdbacks from "the cleanest stock that you'll find."

It just doesn't make sense that a bigmouth like mr. clark would not defend himself IF he were not guilty. Being guilty and knowing what would happen to him here were it proven even more than it has been, I CAN see him staying away from that even at the cost of what little respect he may have thought he had up until he started staying away and lying in a private forum.

Yeah, the guy is screwed, but he buttered his butt and bent over all by himself.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!