Couple Finds Large Boa Under Pickup Truck Hood - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
Clay Davenport
Couple Finds Large Boa Under Pickup Truck Hood

SAN ANTONIO -- A Comal County woman said her husband found a South American Boa Constrictor under the hood of her pickup truck last Friday.

Ron Gulledge found the nearly 7-foot-long boa coiled underneath the hood of the family truck while trying to jumpstart their riding lawnmower.

Betty Gulledge said Ron saw the large snake when she asked him to clean out the dry leaves under the truck hood.

Gulledge said she wanted to get a hoe to kill the snake but her husband said it probably wouldn't work.

She grabbed a .45 pistol but the couple decided not to shoot the large boa and instead called a San Antonio company.

Betty Gulledge said she hates snakes and has a long-standing phobia of them.

"When you're petrified of a 6-inch garden snake, you can imagine how petrified I was of that thing," Gulledge said. "This is my first boa. I felt like Arnold Schwarzenegger had a hold of me."

The woman said the snake came from a house down the street and slithered its way under the hood their truck.

Gulledge said the boa's owner who let it roam free in the house didn't know it was gone.

A boa is legal to own in Texas but Gulledge said she supports a pending bill that would require non-native snakes to be registered within the state.

Link

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!