adam of south carolina, ripped me off - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-11-2003, 03:44 AM   #11
dvf1973
i am just the messenger

just so everyone knows i dont know adam whatever-the ghost , i just followed richies link to this guys site, thought i could spark a fire? guess i did? heres his mail to me in the conclusion of my part thanks damien friesz

That girl just emailed me so thank you for letting her know what was going
on. I'm always up late and she seems to get up every 2-3 hours to feed
little birds or whatever. She didn't have my correct number so she freaked
out and thought she was getting ripped off. In any event, she told me that
already people were bashing me in that thread. I have done a lot in peoples
eyes to warrant comments but can you please let me know what they said?
"
She'd told me they were saying I had poor ethics for trying to steal her
business. I sold her 100 mice for $20! Not making but losing money there.
The place she was buying from charged her like $1 or close to for mice
because they couldn't cut her a better deal. Her friend worked there and
asked me if I could get them cheaper. So I told her I would, the girl
rehabs birds for god sakes!

Insane I can't even respond to this thread without Rich getting paid $10 for
allowing me to do so! That would just be the right thing to do.

Thank you and please don't get involved in this issue. I don't have a good
name in the BOI and while I don't care if it effects me there I don't want
it to cause others trouble.

Adam Block

Old 12-11-2003, 04:44 AM   #12
dvf1973
i am just the messenger

just so everyone knows i dont know adam whatever-the ghost , i just followed richies link to this guys site, thought i could spark a fire? guess i did? heres his mail to me in the conclusion of my part thanks damien friesz

That girl just emailed me so thank you for letting her know what was going
on. I'm always up late and she seems to get up every 2-3 hours to feed
little birds or whatever. She didn't have my correct number so she freaked
out and thought she was getting ripped off. In any event, she told me that
already people were bashing me in that thread. I have done a lot in peoples
eyes to warrant comments but can you please let me know what they said?
"
She'd told me they were saying I had poor ethics for trying to steal her
business. I sold her 100 mice for $20! Not making but losing money there.
The place she was buying from charged her like $1 or close to for mice
because they couldn't cut her a better deal. Her friend worked there and
asked me if I could get them cheaper. So I told her I would, the girl
rehabs birds for god sakes!

Insane I can't even respond to this thread without Rich getting paid $10 for
allowing me to do so! That would just be the right thing to do.

Thank you and please don't get involved in this issue. I don't have a good
name in the BOI and while I don't care if it effects me there I don't want
it to cause others trouble.

Adam Block

Old 12-11-2003, 11:21 AM   #13
Wilomn
adam, if you didn't care then you wouldn't be trying to get someone else to forward you what is here or post your replies.

Just pay the ten bucks.

Perhaps your birdfriend was sleepy. I'll go over it again.

Your lack of ethics was not evident in your trying to help her out. It was BLATANT in the place where you did it. You basically stole $80.00 from the store you were in if you offered to sell the girl her mice for .20 ea and the store charged 1.00 ea. Do you get it now?

It was not your place of business. It was not your customer. You did nothing to get her to come in. You provided nothing for her at all other than cheap mice. I'd boot you out for good if you did that in my shop.

Wes Pollock

Old 12-11-2003, 11:29 AM   #14
WebSlave
Damien - when someone is suspended from this site then that means in all respects. Please do not act as the middle man and post emails from Adam. Adam was banned from here before and I decided to give him another chance. Now I have made it even easier as it takes no real decision on my part. He just has to pay the fine. If he decides not to, then that is his own decision.

But anyone else passing through his messages here to circumvent the suspension will have them deleted.

Old 12-11-2003, 12:04 PM   #15
Neil Gubitz
Man!.... There must be a break in the Ozone or something, cause I have to agree with Wes, AGAIN!!

When, "The Snake Pit" was opened for business (before I closed it last February), there would be times when I was talking to someone about buying one of my animals, and then someone else who was in the store, said something like, "I have one of those and I'll give it to you for much less".... I literally went ballistic and kicked them out of the store immediately!.... That is the worst thing you can do in someone ELSE'S place of business!.... Even when I go into Josie's place (Josie's Exotic Reptiles), and I see someone who used to be one of my customers.... I say hello and how are you, but, even if they ask me for one of my new business cards, I would ALWAYS ask Josie FIRST if she would give me permission to give them one.... it's only common courtesy....

If Adam really DID do that.... that is SO WRONG!!.... He's NOT paying the rent, he's NOT paying all the overhead that the store owner is.... I would have booted him out on his butt, too!.... What he does in the parking lot is one thing, but, what he does in the store itself, is totally different.... and should NEVER be done, unless being given specific permission by the store owner to do it!

Neil

Old 12-11-2003, 12:41 PM   #16
Darin Chappell
Excellent idea!
So, Adam said, "I would love to but Rich has told me I can't respond to anything said about me until I pay him $10! He has "locked me out" of the site until I pay him. For all I know he's locking people out and starting bad guy posts just so people have no choice but to pay him to deffend their own name."

Wow! That's really amazing, because his initial responses to this concept were substantially different from his current whinning. I quote Adam in chronological order:

When the idea was first suggested by Rich: "Excellent idea!"

Adam even tried to help out in the process of how the system could work (although Rich apparently decided to go with different amounts to account for his trouble in handling issues like Adam's): "Provided you're able to start being fair with them. I think you have a great idea, $1 a point.

$1 a point, once it's PayPaled to you they can start posting again! I think it's AN EXCELLENT idea Rich.

PS, I asked to come back, I told you I would be good. Being here isn't my right, If you feel the need to kick me off, email me and just ask me to STFU!"

Finally, Adam actually asked Rich to implement the new system more quickly! : "Force some Focus Rich, your site, allow it to be a sideshow or take a little control! Either way I think it’s time to be proactive about it and stop talking. You know, put up or shut up kind of thing. You spend too much time vacillating on this issue!

I guess it's kind of like the old saying ... Be careful what you wish for, Adam!

Old 12-11-2003, 01:28 PM   #17
Suncoast Herpetological
In essence, this situation is almost identical to the situation that got Adam the boot from Kingsnake. In that instance he was selling a list but it amounts to the same thing. Some people will never learn

Old 12-11-2003, 02:38 PM   #18
WebSlave
Quote:

Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 3:44 AM
Subject: Re: Kinda thought so....

Rich, I'm not going to threaten you but you do understand this is INSANE right? To allow people to post bad guy posts about me and then not allow me to even respond unless I pay you money?

Fine lock me out, but allow me to respond to comments about me, mainly the negitive ones. hell, you could start bad guy posts about people just to force them to pay you money! If you won't allow me to respond to the comments made about me then just don't allow them.

I honestly don't think you're acting within the law by doing things in this manner. The rest of fauna, fine but the BOI is a place people deffend their reputations. If you're going to limit what goes on there then be fair about it and don't allow posts about me there. Otherwise, if my name is mentioned let me respond if only to those threads. You can't legally make me pay you to respond to negitive comments about me on your site. That is going from putting rules on your site to extortion! You understand you're alowinf people to speak badly about me and not allowing me to respond without paying you money right? What the hell are you thinking?

You know neither of us are going to let this go so just back off on that thread. "lock me out" of all of the threads on fauna but if my name is brought up let me respond to be fair or don't let my name be brought up at all.

I don't wanna deal with any crap, with Jeff, I just wanted to be a $54 thorn in his side and I feel I was so I'm done. I don't wanna deal with feeling like I need to be a $10 thorn in your side over you charging me to respond to comments about me.

Save us both some trouble here and work with me on this one. I don't think either of us have the time to deal with this crap. We're both far too bullheaded and if I'm too old to want to deal with this I know you are!

Work with me here, back down 5% and at least let me respond to the comments about me. Nothing else, just the comments about me. You do that for me, just let me respond only when my name's brought up, I'll stay off your site, back and I'll just all together go away.

Adam

Heck, I don't know, did Adam threaten me with something in the above email?

Oh and about this thread in general, yeah I believe it. This person just HAPPENED to stumble on this site within 24 hours of Adam's fine and suspension, registered at 3:58am, has made exactly ONE post 20 minutes later, and instead of posting in the Bird related BOI or insect related BOI (which apparently is ALL she knew about this person named Adam), just HAPPENED to post here in the reptile related BOI instead about someone she only met briefly at a pet shop.

Darn, aren't coincidences just AMAZING?

Old 12-11-2003, 02:49 PM   #19
Darin Chappell
Let's just not mention him anymore. Whenever someone asks about him (but they won't because Adam doesn't sell snakes anymore, right?), we can just forward them to any of the already existing links, and they can decide for themselves.

I won't say a bad word about Adam, Rich. This may work out to be the most profitable $10 debt you've ever had in your accounts receivable books!

Who's with me????

Old 12-11-2003, 03:19 PM   #20
Suncoast Herpetological
Works for me...Adam Who?....never heard of him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!