Hey!!! My hand is a Snakemouth magnet? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
Keith Northrop
Hey!!! My hand is a Snakemouth magnet?

What? Tell me it's not true........Why weren't you at the San Antonio show? Well one reason was that I had my finger in the mouth of my female Pos Double Het Monacled Cobra CB05......Mitch Diamonds Babies........
HaHa.................3 1/2 feet of pure terror..............Yes while putting her in a container she tagged me on the right pinky finger. TIME 4:04PM....after 10-15 minutes of squeezing and such I determined that I was invenomated. 1 hr
into the bite I started talking funny and eyes were heavy...I had Justin Drive us back to the shop. After we Boxed up everything.
..Oh and incase you forgot I'm the guy who won't go to the Hospital for nothing....Why? I have a practical Mobil Mini emergency set-up....With a several Combat Medics at my desposal. One good thing about being close to a Military Post... TIME 6:00 2 hrs after bite my Eyelids wont stay open and I felt intoxicated....Neurological and Neuromuscular symtoms present. Palatal paralysis getting worse... Now I can't swollow at all. I make that Finally call.
7:00PM ZACH get ASS over Here.......Bring the Bag! I wish I could learn to IV
myself...9:00PM they arrive Take my pulse 170/85(High)...Start the IV and monitor my conditions. 1 hour later after 2 bags of fluid my pulse was at 125/80 more of a normal. Zach wanted to stick my Ass with a Eppy-pen? I
talked him out of that barely......So he showed me the Pulp Fiction needle............DAMN.....That was some scary shit. By now its 10:00PM.....
Six hours after the bite. I've been laying in bed 4 hours. I'm breathing But I'm Dead weight...No strengh.....And try talking with num lips....It sounded like I was speaking Zwahelli. No one understood me.
7:00AM Sat I could swollow better/Talk in English......I removed the IV that was slow dripping all night. I remained feverish two more days but felt much
better. I wonder if I'll live long enough to get Alzhiemers?
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
SerpenXotics
glad you are OK

Keith,
I am glad you have stopped speaking zwahilli. sounds like some of our biggest fears has fallen upon you again. hope you have a complete recovery and fast.
Joe Lesh

Old 06-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #3
Keith Northrop
Stinky Finger! SAY WHAT?

Latest picture of the Decaying diget.......It's still oozing a foul smelling fluid.
It's still numb on the tip of the pinky.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
Keith Northrop
10 days Later....

This is the final stage in the healing process.......Its kind of like the Spliting
of the Red Sea. It stopped smelling like rotten flesh. Now it just looks Bad.
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2008, 03:37 PM   #5
AmandaTolleson
Yikes! Glad you're all right! *thumbs up*

Old 06-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
you are lucky, Looks gross, but at least youre still here!! Crazy man!!

Old 06-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
GQMedic
Balls of solid rock! Yet down right batty!

Good that you pulled through, although the finger looks like "Alien" popped out of it, that has got to really hurt like mad.

Top marks for posting this, everytime I feel like superman and am "snake proof", I am fortunate that someone here had the balls to post about their accidents and educate ME, for it gives me a reality check that I too can get fanged by a simple and quick act of just not using all of the precautions that I could have. It is easy to get complacent with everything goes right 99 times while encounter 100 has a nipper awaiting me.

I'm hoping your pinky heals and you get to keep it.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:21 PM   #8
Keith Northrop
Talking June 22 2008 16 days after bite.

I kept smelling a faint wiff of rotten rodent.......Now you can ask anyone that knows me....I can smell a rotten rodent at 50 paces......I'm sniffing every
tank in the joint.....Looking for a Bloated dead mouse....Only to discover a
Stinky Pinky.......Mine....Which reminds me of the time I was on a mad hunt
for a dead rodent smell.......I searched everything twice......Later that evening we were at Applebees eatting when I got a wiff of that rotten
rodent smell.......Damn.....it was a dead fuzzy in my pocket! .......

My finger is healing slowly....
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #9
Lucille
I don't think it was luck, I think the Devil just wasn't ready for you yet.....

Old 06-22-2008, 10:50 PM   #10
shrap
Sorry to hear you got tagged, Keith, but am truly glad that you are doing ok. Take care of yourself and I hope the pos double het proves out for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!