Looking to Adopt any unwanted birds for free or a minimal price. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 03:12 PM   #1
Jimmyboi25
Talking Looking to Adopt any unwanted birds for free or a minimal price.

My name is Jimmy, I live in Des Plaines, Illinois. I currently own a few birds. I am looking to adopt any unwanted birds for free or for a minimal price. I would give your precious one a good, healthy and loving home. I am currently looking to purchase a home in Rockford with a good size of land so I can build an aviary and give any unwanted birds a loving home. I am currently studying to be a vet assistant and will continue later on into avian vet. If you have any questions or would like to give your bird a loving and healthy home please email me at Jimmyboi25@sbcglobal.net and send me pics or informations regarding your bird. Thank you!
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-21-2004, 03:33 PM   #2
Lucille
I have seen many ads like this and what people do not realize is first of all there are no free birds: they all need housing, vet care, good food and so on. Someone with few resources may not have what it takes to give a bird a good home. Second, anyone adopting your bird should be researched thoroughly, as there are many ads taking in free animals and the people acquiring them will immediately resell them to wholesale markets waiting for them.
I am not saying either of these situations apply to you, but as an experienced owner of many birds, I try to make people as aware as possible of the various situations that may arise in a bird's life, for their sake.
Generally, people I know in bird circles ask that if you are considering adopting your pet out, you get written references, vet references, and charge enough of an adoption fee so that the person receiving the bird shows evidence of financial responsibility as well as the ability to invest something in your particular bird.

Old 06-24-2004, 01:17 AM   #3
bahindblueyes
Angry EXCUSE ME BUT.....

Excuse me but.....in defense of wanting a bird for free or minimal price... I myself own 8 birds and only paid for 3 of them. I own a quaker, a white capped pionus, 3 cockatiels, 2 parakeets and will soon be owning 2 indian ring necks. Just because you can afford some of the outrageous prices people ask for their birds DOES NOT mean you can properly care for them. I provide my birds with exceptional caging, and foods. And like I said I only PAID for three of them and they were the cockatiels. If a person truely wants to place their bird in a loving home, then yes they will ask for references, and vet references, but the PRICE shouldnt always be the greatest concern. In the area where I live there are many RICH people who own birds and dont know the first thing about the proper care. So before you judge someones ability to care for a pet maybe you should actually talk to that person first and find out what their true circumstances are. I use to work in an avian shop and the mark up on the birds was outrageous!!!! The owner for example could purchase a albino cockatiel for 45.00 but would turn around and sell it for 125.00. and yet the shop owner 13 miles down the road would sell the same type of bird for 70.00 (not so bad). Again dont judge and make someone feel bad, because they offer to accept a bird for little or no cost. And to you wanting to offer your home and love to a bird for little or no cost beware many people who are willing to do so often want to get rid of that bird for a reason (biting or screaming that is intolerable), I know form experience I had a women beg me to take her bird cause no one else wanted him and I did and I was terroized by that bird (he chased me and my cat around the house trying to bite us). I know its funny now, but at the time it wasnt and I bent over backwards to make him happy, I ended up placing him with a friend, now he does the same to her. But she is a little more tolerant to being chased. LOL.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:43 AM   #4
tropheusfreak
I just got a free African grey and a severe macaw. The lady wanted to get rid of the bird because they keep swearing and now her 2 and 3 yr old are swearing too. They came with a bunch of supplies and 2 huge king cages.

David

Old 06-24-2004, 03:47 PM   #5
glider_gurl03
Okay, can I meet some of your people? LOL. I'm up by Duluth...don't very often see a African Grey for free ;-) Is it a Congo or a Timneh? If you ever need to find a home for that african grey, or the macaw for that matter, let me know! ;-)

Old 06-24-2004, 03:50 PM   #6
tropheusfreak
He's a congo, 2yrs old. the severe is about a yr. Brand new cages too.

David

Old 06-24-2004, 03:59 PM   #7
glider_gurl03
awww! You're so lucky! I have a goffin cockatoo right now, and am fostering a pair of Umbrellas. I just love CAG's, they're so neat. I've always just loved how elegant they look and how intelligent they are, plan on owning one someday They're my boyfriends favorite. Severe's are neat too, though, I"m more partial to the Blue and Golds and the Hyacinths. Good luck with your new babies, they're so fun! And like I said, keep me in mind ;-) LOL! j/k

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread