0.1 Coluber c. flaviventris - Yellow Bellied Racer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
TheFifthDay
0.1 Coluber c. flaviventris - Yellow Bellied Racer

I've got a yellow bellied racer that I need to get rid of to make some room.

It is WC from Kansas. It is about 3' long. It's pretty mellow for a racer. It will eat small live mice, and sometimes small F/T mice.

I don't really have a price in mind, but I've found them from $30-$40.

I can also throw in a Black Ratsnake, or a Prairie Kingsnake (Maybe even some other stuff depending on the snake and what you want) for a Yellow Ratsnake.

Jon Short
Phone: (918) 630-9282 Email: urlacherfan_93@yahoo.com

Contact User Check User
Old 05-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
roosters97
How much for shipping to 23061,VA? If I were to get it i would love the BRS trown in!

Old 05-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
TheFifthDay
I'm not sure...

I haven't shipped anything, so I'm not even sure what service I could use.

Plus, someone else is interested. If he backs out I'll let you know.

Also, the black rat is mean. Try touching it without a hook and blood gets drawn.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
critical bill
You are being reported to the Tulsa Fish and Game Warden for illegally harvesting wildlife for commercial purposes without a valid state commercial license. In addition, you are being reported for harvesting wildlife for personal purposes without a valid state hunting license.

Two counts of wildlife violations.

Dont say you weren't warned.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #5
lepidus
Yellow Bellied Racer

Are you serious? This is a 15 year old boy attempting to get a yellow ratsnake. That is a long stretch from commercial collecting. I don't believe that he is required to have a hunting license at 15 either but not 100% on that.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:15 AM   #6
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepidus View Post
Are you serious? This is a 15 year old boy attempting to get a yellow ratsnake. That is a long stretch from commercial collecting. I don't believe that he is required to have a hunting license at 15 either but not 100% on that.
His age does not make him exempt and allow him to do what he is doing without a license. If you are not of age to acquire a license, you just have to wait until you hit that magic number.

Whether he is selling wildlife or bartering wildlife, he is doing so without a state license which is poaching.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #7
lepidus
Yellow Bellied Racer

As far as a licenses go, I have children younger than him that hunt small / large game and they are not required to have a license because of their age but they are allowed to hunt. They are not prevented from hunting because they are not old enough to possess a license. I assume it would be the same for collecting reptiles but am not sure. Just as long as he stays within his specific limits for his state, he is okay. Where he may have gone wrong is attempting to sell the animal in order to obtain a yellow rat. I believe he would have been within his rights to trade the animal for a yellow rat. My point is I don't think he is commercial collecting and I don't believe there was any malice involved. But you are also well within your rights to do whatever you feel necessary and no one can / should prevent that. In my opinion though, it was a little extreme. But that is just my opinion. He is a kid who enjoys reptiles. You remember what that was like, right?

Old 06-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #8
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepidus View Post
He is a kid who enjoys reptiles. You remember what that was like, right?
A kid he is. But he is a poacher who has absolutely zero respect for wildlife. The only thing he fully understands is that these animals are worth something, and that he knows where to collect them illegally, and that certain people will either buy them or barter for them irregardless of the nature in which they were obtained.

And just as a bonus, he is a minor child who is not legally able to engage in any business transactions. He isn't even of legal age to obtain working papers for legitimate employment, if you want to go that far.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread

Tags
racer, ratsnake, yellow bellied, yellow rat, yellow-bellied