Robert Vann aka Bob Vann Thief & Scam Artist! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #21
willows chelle
Francisco,

Why did you lie to UPS? If you honestly didnt know that it was against their policy to ship a snake, then you could have explained that to them, but now since you have lied, and documented here for the world to see, you are really in it deep man!

You did a naughty thing and you should admit it and suck it up.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #22
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by willows chelle
Francisco,

Why did you lie to UPS? If you honestly didnt know that it was against their policy to ship a snake, then you could have explained that to them,
He admitted in post #13 that he knew it was against their TOS before he shipped...

IMO the bigger issue here is his fraudulent claim as to WHAT he shipped, not so much how he shipped.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #23
willows chelle
I totally missed this the first read through,

quote from post 13, " I knew the risk involved with UPS's TOS about snakes,"

wow, that was pretty dumb Francisco.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #24
kmurphy
Quote:
I totally missed this the first read through,

quote from post 13, " I knew the risk involved with UPS's TOS about snakes,"

wow, that was pretty dumb Francisco.
About the UPS thing. It's against their TOS but evidently they are used to ship snakes quite frequently. Just last week I rec'd several snakes from a well known, highly respected, breeder and one of the shipping options given to me was UPS. I had them shipped to me FedEx but the point is that I was offered UPS. You have nothing to fall back on with FedEX so the risk isn't any greater with UPS. If they're lost or whatever you're out either way. How many people ship snakes FedEx without being certified? How many put live reptiles, instead of snakes, as the contents? It's up to UPS to police their TOS not us. The attempt to scam UPS is another issue.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #25
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
About the UPS thing. It's against their TOS but evidently they are used to ship snakes quite frequently. Just last week I rec'd several snakes from a well known, highly respected, breeder and one of the shipping options given to me was UPS. I had them shipped to me FedEx but the point is that I was offered UPS. You have nothing to fall back on with FedEX so the risk isn't any greater with UPS. If they're lost or whatever you're out either way. How many people ship snakes FedEx without being certified? How many put live reptiles, instead of snakes, as the contents? It's up to UPS to police their TOS not us. The attempt to scam UPS is another issue.
Seems a bit hypocritical that sellers expect people to abide their TOS but think it is OK to disregard another companies TOS.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #26
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopingForBabies
It's funny how it works on here.You get ripped odd,and you become the bad guy.You post your experience and it gets turned on you.People lose sight of the original problem.It happened to me too!
Not to take this to far off but since you felt the need to post this here and it peaked my curiosity as to how you were treated so badly by Fauna, I looked at the thread you are referencing.

You were not called out for having a good transaction with someone, but you were in regards to your opinions about dealing with others that have fraudulent transactions.

Quote:
Lots of people on here have ripped people off,but people still buy from them.I am not the only one.If they didn't do anything wrong to me,why do I care.I am not saying they didn't do that to other people,but I have other things to think about than other peoples deals.How many deals do you think they made in the last few years?
Many here have a different opinion than you and choose to express their thoughts on what you posted. I for one am glad they did. The whole purpose of this community is to help protect others from the very thing you care nothing about.

Quote:
There isn't that many people complaining.There are other people on here with far more complaints against them,and people still buy from them.Walmart has ripped off people,but to save a couple bucks,I am sure you would go there to buy products.My experience was good,if yours wasn't,take that up with them.I am sure everybody was hoping I would get ripped off,just to prove thier point.
No comment needed. Simply put, you didn't like the fact that someone posted links on your good guy thread to multiple bad guy threads about the people you did business with. You helped spiral the thread down by your responses.

Have a good day!

Old 04-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #27
kmurphy
Quote:
Seems a bit hypocritical that sellers expect people to abide their TOS but think it is OK to disregard another companies TOS.
I don't disagree with this Sam and it is not something I would personally do. But I wouldn't think any differently about someone just because I found out they shipped a snake UPS. The OP made some mistakes there's no question. He should have required a signature and he shouldn't have attempted to pull an outright scam on the contents, but sending it UPS was the least of his mistakes IMO.
He was seriously scammed and this Robert Vann guy is a scumbag. The OP problems were inexperience and panic(when things went wrong).

Old 04-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #28
HopingForBabies
I see it as he is posting about getting ripped off,but the tables were turned on him and now he is the bad guy.He did not steal from UPS,someone stole from him.UPS got paid,he didn't.Just because he had bad judgement and shipped the wrong way,doesn't give anyone the right to rip him off.It sounds like the other guy knew he could get away with it because he didn't sign for the package.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #29
Gecko_Den
Quote:
He did not steal from UPS
Filing a fraudulent claim and misrepresenting the contents of a the package in order to get money from them is stealing from UPS!

Old 04-11-2008, 03:07 PM   #30
grandmagreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
I don't disagree with this Sam and it is not something I would personally do. But I wouldn't think any differently about someone just because I found out they shipped a snake UPS. The OP made some mistakes there's no question. He should have required a signature and he shouldn't have attempted to pull an outright scam on the contents, but sending it UPS was the least of his mistakes IMO.
He was seriously scammed and this Robert Vann guy is a scumbag. The OP problems were inexperience and panic(when things went wrong).
I'm just curious and a yes or no answer will do. Would you feel any different about someone if they shipped a snake through USPS?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!