Hybino Confusion... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-07-2005, 04:14 PM   #1
Southwick Herps
Hybino Confusion...

I thought a hybino was simply a double homozygous Hypo Albino., yet I've seen animals offered as hypo albino, which makes me think otherwise.
If someone could please explain to me the genetics of a Hybino, Id be much abliged.

Old 11-07-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
KelliH
IMO, a true hybino is an albino super hypo carrot tail (Ray Hine line).

Old 11-07-2005, 04:59 PM   #3
Golden Gate Geckos
Michael, the original term HY (hypo) BINO (albino) was given to the 'hypo' albinos that were created by Ray Hine when he crossed his SHT's with Tremper Albinos. Ron Tremper named his version of the same morph "Super-tangerine albinos". Now, Alberto from A & M has his "Hyglows" and Urban Gecko has their version with are called "Sunglows". Since then, Jeremy (Letkey's Leos) and Kelli (HISS) and others are working on HYBINOS from the Rainwater and Bell strain albinos.

Here's a photo of a "hybino x super-tangerine albino":
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2005, 05:17 PM   #4
Linz M
I'm gonna call mine "Tangbino Super Neon Frosted Creamsicles" or perhaps Super Neon Orange Tangbinos...S.N.O.T.s...

sorry, bad joke

Old 11-07-2005, 05:43 PM   #5
Southwick Herps
Well thanks for the clear up...
I got myself a hybino from Xavier. It's a Tremper Albino strain, and it's a possible Super Hypo.
It's a real beauty, a nice bright yellow, with the normal pattern being a nice pure bright white, with a small amount of carrot tail. (It's pictured somewhere around here, in a thread titled "Hybino Question...?")
It's a real beauty, and I consider it to be a hybino...

Old 11-07-2005, 06:38 PM   #6
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
Super Neon Orange Tangbinos...S.N.O.T.s...
LOL!!!

Old 11-07-2005, 09:14 PM   #7
princesskain
I produced a number of offspring from a particular breeding this year that I have been calling hypo albino's. They each were born banded lavendar and yellow/orange, and with age have been showing little or no lavendar coloration on their backs. They do not fit the standard for any of the established morph titles, so I simply call them "Hypo Albino's". Here are a series of photo's from a holdback female of mine. She is nearly 6 months old now and shows almost zero lavendar spotting on her back.

She hatched on 05-08-05, this picture was taken 05-23-05

This picture taken 06-20-05

And this last picture was taken on 10-01-05

They differ from my tangerine albino's, so I don't know what to call them except for hypo's. And I've hatched a variety of colors too... from yellow to dark orange. But each of them ultimately show very little, if none of the lavendar coloration by about 5-6 months of age.

THanks for looking~
Hailey
www.IDGecko.com

Old 11-07-2005, 09:35 PM   #8
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwick Herps
Well thanks for the clear up...
I got myself a hybino from Xavier. It's a Tremper Albino strain, and it's a possible Super Hypo.
It's a real beauty, a nice bright yellow, with the normal pattern being a nice pure bright white, with a small amount of carrot tail. (It's pictured somewhere around here, in a thread titled "Hybino Question...?")
It's a real beauty, and I consider it to be a hybino...
Your male orginated from and 03 breeding of my 120 grams 10.5'' male Giant Tangerine Tremper Albino produced by A&MGecko to a very large non giant female Ray Hine SHCTB (90 grams) produced by GeckoParty (now out of leo breeding). The female was a first time breeder and produced 3 clutches for me all hatched and all where SH unlike thier mother they lacked CTs and had head spotting. I heldback 1.2 and your hybino is one of thier male offspring, he ins't a Super Hypo as he has 3 white reduced bands on his back but without a doubt a Hybino and could very well produce Super Hybinos for you.
Xavier

Old 11-08-2005, 01:05 AM   #9
groovygeckos
I think it is safe to say 'Hypo Albino' or 'Super Tangerine' for the linebred versions and to say 'Hybino' or 'Sunglow' for the versions that have the Ray Hines Super Hypo line in it.

The problem is they are all getting mixed together, and we may never be able to tell which is which. Could be worse I guess, orange IS orange after all LOL

Old 11-08-2005, 01:55 AM   #10
Southwick Herps
Thanks for all the help. Im relatively new to geckos. I've only kept them as pets previously, this is my first shot at getting into breeding them, and I'm still not sure on all the genetics involved.
Its great to have a resource full of experianced and knowledgable breeders to help you out though!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!