Wanted Sterilite plastic boxes - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Animals For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Miscellaneous Animals For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 04:11 PM   #21
shredder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Leah, it's great that YOU aren't mad, and admitted that you "may" have misinterpreted what Bill said. But after the way you jumped on Bill for being helpful, perhaps people would be more likely to "take a chill pill" if you apologized for your mistake instead of telling us that it's no big deal....it perhaps WAS to the person insulted, and his friends.

That said, if the dimensions are identical, what doesn't fit? I'm confused. If you explain it a bit better, maybe someone can help you out. Is there some kind of lip or ridge that doesn't allow them to fit properly?
I am offically apologizing for offending everybody. It was not my intention. That being said, you hit the nail on the head. The flange protrudes out a bit on the side of the new ones, thus making it impossible to fit in my racks. The racks I have were built by Jason VanKirk and they are his first models. I have plenty of the "shoe" box sizes...extra if anybody's looking for those and the 12 quarts,but what I could use more of is the old 28qts. Anyway, thank you for your comment as you understand the way I took Bill's comment. If anybody cared to get to know me, they'd find out that I am a good person and I always go out of my way to help others.
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-22-2006, 05:25 PM   #22
akaangela
I guess I jumped you a bit hard. For that I am sorry. It is easy to misunderstand when you are just reading something. Have you tried some of the other brands? It seems they are making the sides at an angle anymore. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Old 06-22-2006, 05:39 PM   #23
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder
I am offically apologizing for offending everybody. It was not my intention. That being said, you hit the nail on the head. The flange protrudes out a bit on the side of the new ones, thus making it impossible to fit in my racks. The racks I have were built by Jason VanKirk and they are his first models. I have plenty of the "shoe" box sizes...extra if anybody's looking for those and the 12 quarts,but what I could use more of is the old 28qts. Anyway, thank you for your comment as you understand the way I took Bill's comment. If anybody cared to get to know me, they'd find out that I am a good person and I always go out of my way to help others.
Leah,

I really appreciate you taking the time to send me a personal apology, it was well received. I truly was trying to just be helpful. I hope we can get past this and enjoy each others participation in the future. Thank You!!

Old 06-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #24
shredder
RE:Apology

Your welcome Bill. I can't stand hard feelings and I'm glad this is over. I look forward to corresponding with you in the future. Sincerely, Leah
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-22-2006, 10:24 PM   #25
shredder
In case anyone still wants to help a poor girl out, I found a box here that still has a label on it and the # is 1656.
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-23-2006, 04:27 AM   #26
DAND
Lightbulb

Quote:
In case anyone still wants to help a poor girl out, I found a box here that still has a label on it and the # is 1656.
I don't know if you have them there but there is a close-out store called Big Lots that may have them. You may also try to see if there is any other close-out / over-runs stores in your area that may have them.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:31 AM   #27
DAND
Actually....

the internet is a wonderful thing. I did a search and came up with this:

http://www.hydrosource.com/prod04.htm

I don't know how old it is but it may be worth your while to try.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:19 AM   #28
Lucille
Quote:
The flange protrudes out a bit on the side of the new ones, thus making it impossible to fit in my racks.
Leah is there any way you might be able to trim the flange and face the trimmed side toward the back of the rack?

Old 06-23-2006, 05:34 PM   #29
Bill_Leverton
Leah, I might have to agree with Lucille,Ive searched the internet... and called Sterilite and you might have to make some modifications to get the new ones to fit I hope it all works out for you

Old 06-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #30
shredder
Re:

Thanks Bill, every once in a while I find one at a yard sale or a thrift store. Other than that, no luck.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread