Bad Guy Mitch Whyte (WHYTEARK) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:35 AM   #41
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I'm not disagreeing with what you say here.
However, (for example) this site provides infractions for certain words that it deems unsuitable or offensive, and not for others, so it is clearly making a judgment about the offense-worthiness of some words over others. I recently received an extra large infraction for a word that I thought was ordinary and not very offensive, so clearly global insight is unnecessary for objection/action.
Yes, if what was in the email had been a post instead of displayed within the context of sharing the email, it would have gained a hefty infraction. The infraction does not discern as finely as I did because then it becomes overly difficult to pick and choose application. But I know what you mean.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:34 PM   #42
Vithaxton
As long as I pay for the animal and it's my animal that I paid for and it arrives in perfect health thats all I care about. I could care less about the email. I mean lets be honest we've all had a weak moment where we've lost our temper. I try my hardest not to do that in my business but sometimes we loose our temper. I doubt Mitch talks to paying customers like that. Tire kickers that then go on a BOI for petty stupid reasons yes probably. I would do business with you Mitch. Yes you could have handled the situation differently but I'm pretty sure after the last 15 posts about the emails its tattooed in your brain now lol

Old 02-13-2018, 02:05 PM   #43
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vithaxton View Post
I doubt Mitch talks to paying customers like that.
Seriously, are you implying that one needs to pay for courtesy? Yes, we all lose our temper sometimes. That is not an adequate excuse, we should be ashamed when we lose self control. Whitewashing such a loss is not helpful.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #44
Vithaxton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Seriously, are you implying that one needs to pay for courtesy? Yes, we all lose our temper sometimes. That is not an adequate excuse, we should be ashamed when we lose self control. Whitewashing such a loss is not helpful.
Berating him for it post after post doesn't help either. And OP was practically antagonizing him if not baiting him saying how he was making "rookie mistakes". In my opinion OP wrote a BOI because he was mad he didn't get a gecko he never put a deposit down on or even asked to hold. He was also unprofessional as well but since he's a "Customer" he gets off scott free. I don't know if we can really call him a customer though since he didn't really buy anything... Anyways! I'm just saying thats not the kind of person I would want to sell any of my animals to. You don't have to pay for courtesy. OP didn't have any courtesy as well with the way he talked to Mitch.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:54 PM   #45
Lucille
Quote:
In my opinion OP wrote a BOI because he was mad he didn't get a gecko he never put a deposit down on or even asked to hold. He was also unprofessional as well but since he's a "Customer" he gets off scott free.
Victoria he did not get off 'scot free'. For the first half of this thread he was told by multiple people that Mitch was not in the wrong. Then the course of the thread changed after Mitch made his post.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #46
Vithaxton
I stand by what I said. At the end of the day if I had to choose to do business with one of these two people Mitch would win. If this guy is going to complain this much about not holding an animal without a deposit and then makes a BOI about it email or not theres a good chance he's going to throw a fit with whatever animal you send him and make a BOI about it.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:02 PM   #47
Akiranar
Quote:
I stand by what I said. At the end of the day if I had to choose to do business with one of these two people Mitch would win. If this guy is going to complain this much about not holding an animal without a deposit and then makes a BOI about it email or not theres a good chance he's going to throw a fit with whatever animal you send him and make a BOI about it.
While the OP might be a problem customer, from what I saw there was some miscommunication going on. I would rather deal with the OP than with someone who thinks what he said is an okay way to deal with anyone.

You can still reply to a problem customer without turning into a complete knob.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:05 PM   #48
JCCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Your sex or your sexual orientation does not make you greater or lesser.
That may be your opinion and if it is, that's awesome. Unfortunately, this thought is not shared by many. I spent the last three years working as a medical case manager for people with HIV in the rural south. This included working very closely with a large number of gay men. Let me tell you, many of them were scared to death that anyone, including their family would know they were gay. That thought process is not only found here, but there does seem to be a concentration.

I disagree with your assertion that people call people the opposite of what they are to insult them. People call people what they feel will hurt them most. They call them the "worst" thing they can think of. These types of exchanges are windows into one's mind. It's sort of like the truth coming out when drunk. When someone gets heated up, they don't think and will say whatever they truly feel. And we obviously now know what Mitch thinks of the LGBT community. I hope that people consider this knowledge when thinking of doing business with him in the future.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:14 PM   #49
JCCS
So let me get this straight, Victoria. If you are ever inconvenienced or have someone do something that doesn't sit well with you, you are entitled to shout what amounts to hate speech at them and people should just continue doing business with you as long as you supply the animals they paid for? Money isn't everything, but it is a tool to show one's ethics. Not paying attention to someone's behavior in order to get something you want can get really sticky really quickly. Where is the line drawn, if there is a line at all? Basically, this is sort of similar to the guys in Charlottesville that were identified and lost their jobs as soon as it was known they were there. They could easily have said "Well, they work hard and do a good job while they're here." You say something about yourself by choosing who you associate with and those employers obviously chose not to be associated with white supremacists. I think many people will choose not to associate themselves with someone who is bigoted towards others. Although hell, it might get him extra business from some of our less enlightened brethren.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:47 PM   #50
Lucille
Quote:
choose
Are you not able to realize to realize that they both had actions that warranted criticism? Is your world one where you have to whitewash one party and vilify the other?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!