Info Ben Siegel Troubles - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:15 PM   #51
JCCS
Alan, you're as far off base as the person who compared him throwing around a beardie to Global Exotics starving hundreds of animals to death. I don't even know how you drew that line, but educate yourself before you start saying that because someone had some violent incidents that they're going to be the next mass murderer. That's ignorant and destructive.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:28 PM   #52
rosebud945
James, I mentioned global exotics in a completely different context than you are suggesting here. My point was that USGE was shut down on a CHARGE, not a CONVICTION. That is not the same as comparing Ben's behavior to USGE starving thousands of animals! And to add to my point about that, the state of his store has less to do with whether or not he is shut down than an animal cruelty charge, so yes, my point is a valid one.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:29 PM   #53
amcroyals
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2015, 09:35 PM   #54
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud945 View Post
James, I mentioned global exotics in a completely different context than you are suggesting here. My point was that USGE was shut down on a CHARGE, not a CONVICTION. That is not the same as comparing Ben's behavior to USGE starving thousands of animals! And to add to my point about that, the state of his store has less to do with whether or not he is shut down than an animal cruelty charge, so yes, my point is a valid one.
USGE was shut down because of the hundreds of animals found to be abused in their care, not because of a singular charge.

There has been no evidence of abuse animals in Ben's facility aside from the alleged incident with the bearded dragon.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:45 PM   #55
rosebud945
Thanks, Diem.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:40 PM   #56
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Ben's mental issues are not an excuse, they are the reason, it is that simple. Until he is properly treated, until there is a system he can be placed in (state or family wise) then this will continue beyond his control.
If you watch the updated story w/ video, the judge revoked Ben's bond on the October, 2014 battery charge and he's being held w/o bond on that charge and the new ones. So hopefully has figured out that something just ain't right, and a psych eval with appropriate treatment and/or state commitment are in the works.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:53 PM   #57
rosebud945
Do you have a link Melinda?

Old 01-05-2015, 11:01 PM   #58
rosebud945
This is why I asked about the store. He is not allowed to have any reptiles in his possession, so what does that mean for the store? I don't think it is as simple as the condition of the store. I am not judging, just curious about what Florida will do regarding the store now that they have charged him.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...105-story.html

Old 01-05-2015, 11:28 PM   #59
bobbafett
Quote:
One thing that I know about bipolar disorder is that one problematic component of it is delusional behavior, and one of the biggest delusions is that they don't need meds. They will get on meds voluntarily to feel better during moments of rational self reflection or are forced to, but then they will often stop taking the meds either because they decide that they don't really need them (denial) or because the meds make them feel bad.

This is true.

In the case of my aunt, she will take her medications till she feels better and then stops. She doesn't seem to comprehend that it's the medication that's making her feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-05-2015, 11:36 PM   #60
bcr229
Quote:
Do you have a link Melinda?
See post #11 at the top of page 2 of this thread - NBC has been updating the story.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!