Concern About New Male Stripe Het Albino - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-18-2004, 06:14 AM   #11
JCCS
How old is the snake?

I have seen wrinkles like that in old boas, although I am not sure how long the striped line of albinos has been around. That would have had to have been in the first generation or so of them. It does not look dehydrated to me.

Chris Canada-Smith

Old 07-18-2004, 08:23 AM   #12
snakeman1313
I just didn't know where to post this and figured that the most people would see it on the BOI. I assumed that the powers that be would move it to the most approiate place. They feel like more than just skin folds you cannot straighten them out even if you try they are just there, but I really am not sure, if he was much bigger at one point and fed sparcely I suppose it could happen. I think it would have to be over a loooong time period. I am going to bring him to a friends to take a look at him tommrow. This is NOT posted here to make Shawn look bad, actually he has been great throughout this, and is making every effort to find out more about this animal. He has assured me that if we cannot achieve my happiness I will be refunded.

Old 07-18-2004, 08:30 AM   #13
snakeman1313
It is possible that he is older, Peter Khal sold him in 02 as an adult breeder, (going by paper work I recieved) and he is a big boy. At that time he was sold to Damon Wyatt, he sold him to Shawn a few months ago. Shawn never recieved the female he was waiting for so he decieded to sell him. That is the story as it was told to me.

Old 07-22-2004, 12:35 AM   #14
jarvisnake
Thumbs up

Cool, Vincent, glad to see you and Shawn are working on this positively! I am curious about what those wrinkles turn out to be, it would be good info if something like this comes up elswhere, also if he still proves out.
Good luck, Mike

Old 07-22-2004, 11:49 PM   #15
snakeman1313
Just as an update I had a friend and trusted breeder look at him, and his opinion is the same as mine that it appears to be a problem of some sort with his spine in that area. He does not feel it will be a problem for breeding however, and I trust his opinion. I have spoke with Shawn and let him know that I am satisfied with him as long as his genetics prove out. I would just like to state again that I know Shawn did not see this as a problem or even think it to be anything more than loose skin from reduced feeding. He has stayed in close contact with me throughout this and promised to gaurantee his health with regard to his tail, and his genetics. Not only would I not hesitate to deal with him again, but the way he has handled this situation assures me he is a good guy that cares about customer satisfaction.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!