State of the Union - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
A_Kendergirl
Red face State of the Union

Well, this pregnancy has been really kicking my butt. I've been waiting for the second trimester, confident that I'll feel better. That marker came a few weeks ago, and the morning sickness is still showing up now and then along with new aches and pains. I've been doing good over the last few months just making sure my geckos aren't going to starve, but I haven't really played with them for awhile (like I used to).

Today, I decided to stop waiting to feel "normal" and just get back to my life. Looking at the baby gecko pics made me see what I was missing...SOOO all the geckos got a good pampering today (even though they were QUITE put off by me messing with them...they're skiddish after not being handled for so long). I also went out and got a hovabator and picked up a copy of Tremper's book. I made myself promise I would not breed them until next season. I have to learn how to take care of a baby AND the geckos I have already before I go making more.

You have been warned...it's only a matter of time before I start the flood of photos again!

PS - I felt the baby move for the first time yesterday!

Old 04-12-2006, 08:28 PM   #2
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
I felt the baby move for the first time yesterday!
AWESOME!!!

Old 04-12-2006, 08:31 PM   #3
LeosForLess
Congrads on making it this far!!! Did you get the hova bator at CHR? We learned about first and second and third trimester in health class, lol i guess it isnt very fun. Well im glad your makin it alon OK, Paul

Old 04-12-2006, 08:32 PM   #4
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Kendergirl
I felt the baby move for the first time yesterday!
AAWWW Congratulations. I'm so happy for you. Babies are such a blessing. Every time you feel that little angel move it will drowned out all the morning sickness, aches and pains, and swelling. Wait till he or she gets the hick ups, that's fun.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:33 PM   #5
A_Kendergirl
Yea...they have a ton there right now, and I had store credit to use up!

Marcia - I'm constantly waiting to feel it again, it was very cool.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:36 PM   #6
Junkyard
Shanti, good for you! Sometimes just getting up and doing a bit of the normal routine can be mentally helpful. Also having a baby kick your insides seems to perk up gravid women too. Before long most of the pictures on your camera will be of your baby.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #7
A_Kendergirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
Before long most of the pictures on your camera will be of your baby.
For sure! And you guys thought I took a lot of gecko pictures! Just wait...

Old 04-12-2006, 08:49 PM   #8
dragonflyreptiles
Shanti, you are such a very sweet and special person!

I can't wait for more leo and new baby (human baby lol) pics!

You will continue to have good and bad days just as anything else, funny thing is that every pregnancy is so different even for the same mom that it makes me wonder how it is on the leos being gravid!

Old 04-12-2006, 08:49 PM   #9
nwheat
That's wonderful, Shanti!! Being able to feel them move around really starts to make the whole thing seem more real! Congrats! I'm looking forward to more gecko pictures from you - I've missed seeing your updates!

Old 04-12-2006, 08:59 PM   #10
nydrgnldy
Shanti,
I'd love to say it all goes away...but for some it does and for some it doesn't but that baby will make it all worth it and as already said everytime you feel it move it makes it all go away.You will do just fine with both the baby and the geckos...Its just organization.. I have 3 boys 6 birds 2 geckos(At the moment) and a dog. Its tough But I manage...oh yeah and a full time job...
Robin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!