Vision 211 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
TheFragginDragon
Vision 211

So I'm getting a few used Vision 211's next week, and I can't seem to find any information on any specific light fixtures that would fit in the 16" vent. Does anyone have the total dimensions of the recessed vent area and/or info on specific light fixtures that would fit the vent area?

Thanks a bunch!

Old 07-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
wcreptiles
The opening is 6" wide at the base, a little larger at the top. It's about 3"-4" deep, I didn't measure the depth. It's 17" long but if you had a light a little longer it would just extend out the back, which is open.

I just purchased a kitchen under counter fluorescent light put some of those stick on rubber feet to hold it up off the metal screen and laid it in the recess. I think your choices are 12" and 18" bulbs, most of the lights I have in my cages aren't any wider than 3" or 4" so they would fit but would be a little long because they are 20" long.

Disclamer: I'm 99% sure I have a Vision 211, the size is right. I did purchase it a long time ago so they could have change the design but I doubt it.

I'd just wait until you get the cage and then run up to the discount hardware store and buy a light for it. Look at the prices for the bulbs first and make sure it takes a standard cheap bulb and not some fancy bulb that you can't ever find.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
TheFragginDragon
Roger that, thanks Don, greatly appreciate the reply amigo.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!