USARK Legal Action Against FWS Constrictor Rule - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #51
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by adder View Post
false claims against properly created venomoid snakes
Bizarre. You'll carry the venomoid torch into any thread, won't you, Hoser?

Interesting entry in Wikipedia:

Hoser is an advocate of venomoid snakes, surgically altered to remove venom, and has published discussion on this topic,[15] and promoted the procedure on his website.[24] These animals are kept as pets, or used in exhibitions to the general public, and the procedure is regarded as controversial.[25] A 2008 government tribunal ruled that Hoser's venomoid snakes cannot be handled by members of the public, due to the risk of the venom glands regrowing. VCAT Deputy President Anne Coghlan found Hoser had no qualifications, no training and produced no scientific evidence to back up his claims.[26]

In 2011 Hoser was convicted and fined $12,000 in the County Court for demonstrating with venomous snakes less than three metres from the public, working in accessible pits and demonstrating in a way that put the animals at risk of theft. Hoser allowed his 10-year-old daughter to be bitten by a taipan and a death adder to demonstrate that his "venomoid" snakes were harmless.[30] The manager of the shopping center where Hoser performed claimed that Hoser's performance was not consistent with his act description and said that Hoser would not be allowed back.[31] Following this incident, the Victorian Department of Sustainability and Environment (DSE) suspended Hoser's commercial wildlife demonstrator license and his authorisation to hold snake-handling courses and use wildlife in film and television.[32] Hoser said that he would apply to the courts for an emergency injunction against this suspension.[32]

Old 10-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #52
adder
Actually Lucille, it is YOU who seems to carry hate and lies everywhere.
For your benefit, it doesn't matter how often you repeat lies from Wikipedia, they remain just that ... lies.
The point I made in this thread, which you have deliberately chosen to ignore, is that within the herp community, there is the ability to stop any and all draconian laws that ban species and/or restrict the hobby beyond what makes sense, provided that people do not waste time and effort fighting shadows in the form of alleged dangers from venomoids which in fact do not even exist!
Now, may peace be with you!

Old 10-29-2012, 04:49 AM   #53
Fangthane
Quote:
Actually Lucille, it is YOU who seems to carry hate and lies everywhere.
For your benefit, it doesn't matter how often you repeat lies from Wikipedia, they remain just that ... lies.
Actually, it all appears to be completely true:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...-1226111929548

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...-1226300329360

Quote:
The point I made in this thread, which you have deliberately chosen to ignore, is that within the herp community, there is the ability to stop any and all draconian laws that ban species and/or restrict the hobby beyond what makes sense, provided that people do not waste time and effort fighting shadows in the form of alleged dangers from venomoids which in fact do not even exist!
Now, may peace be with you!
Considering your own practices, mentioned in the links I posted above, I'd have to think that you basically amount to a poster child for what HSUS and PETA may mistakenly think is the rule, and not just an oddball exception, in regards to how most hobbyists conduct themselves and treat their animals. If they'd ever need a prime example of why snakes, especially hots, need to be taken out of our hands, they'd need look no further than you. When you publicly employ your own brand of draconian buffoonery, in your pursuit of attention and profit, your call to arms rings a bit hollow. With friends like you, who needs enemies?

Old 10-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #54
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
is that within the herp community, there is the ability to stop any and all draconian laws that ban species and/or restrict the hobby beyond what makes sense,
Many of us have spent a lot of time over the last 3+ years writing letters to our congressmen/senators, making calls, sending faxes and spreading the word. So far we (USARK and reptile community) have been able to neutur some of the efforts but have NOT been able to stop them.

Quote:
provided that people do not waste time and effort fighting shadows in the form of alleged dangers from venomoids which in fact do not even exist!
I have never seen one instance during my involvement with this fight where anything about venomoids was mentioned, let alone 'taking away from the fight against the ban'. Not sure why you would even come up with that?

Old 10-30-2012, 06:45 AM   #55
adder
Lucille, I repeat
"Actually Lucille, it is YOU who seems to carry hate and lies everywhere.
For your benefit, it doesn't matter how often you repeat lies from Wikipedia, they remain just that ... lies."
For your benefit, Tabloid news clips are rarely accurate.
Now to the last poster, you can see from the efforts of Lucille to attack our business and myself, that the enemy of herpetology is in this tent!
Now if she spent just a fraction of this effort seeking to stop the recently passed rule changes, there is little doubt they'd never have been passed!
All the best

Old 10-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #56
Lucille
Quote:
Now if she spent just a fraction of this effort seeking to stop the recently passed rule changes, there is little doubt they'd never have been passed!
Thank you. Though we have different points of view when it comes to venomoids, I'm overwhelmed that you chose to compliment my abilities so highly. I'm not sure I could have carried it off singlehandedly, though.
That being said, should USARK be more transparent about finances, I would contribute my efforts. My disagreement with them is procedural, not substantive.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #57
Culebra
Well said, Lucille, here is an update for Ohio, this filing cost us over 10k so far:
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...=6AQEld8UE&s=1

Exotic owners are fighting back!

Old 12-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #58
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culebra View Post
Well said, Lucille, here is an update for Ohio, this filing cost us over 10k so far:
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...=6AQEld8UE&s=1

Exotic owners are fighting back!
What does that have to do with this thread?

PS I know the true intentions, NO my money will not go anywhere near camp Terry

Old 12-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #59
Warren_Booth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Thank you. Though we have different points of view when it comes to venomoids, I'm overwhelmed that you chose to compliment my abilities so highly. I'm not sure I could have carried it off singlehandedly, though.
That being said, should USARK be more transparent about finances, I would contribute my efforts. My disagreement with them is procedural, not substantive.
Hi,
Can I ask in what way you want to see transparency. If you look on the website (www.USARK.org), you will see financial reports for each year. In what other way do you require transparency. As a board member of USARK, this is something I would like to try to rectify if there is a specific component that is viewed unfavorably. As is, I cannot see how more transparent we can be.

Thanks,
Warren

Old 12-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #60
Lucille
Warren,

Requests for contributions for legal fees have been staggering in total amount, but vague when requests come in asking exactly how much money is going to be used for what expense.
Let's see a list and a breakdown of where these contributions are going to go.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!