"Froggy"--a dishonest dealer from Texas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-12-2004, 06:44 PM   #1
geckogirl3
"Froggy"--a dishonest dealer from Texas

I bought a trio of geckos from some guy named "Froggy" who posted on a popular reptile classifieds site. He claimed the geckos were healthy and that he had had them for a while. They were emaciated when I received them, and 2 were dead within a week, the 3rd dying the following week. Upon contacting him, he claimed he had no idea why they died, and said they had been eating just fine for him. They never ate while I had them. He said he would send me some replacements. They never showed up. He said it was just a mixup with the person who was supposed to send them. Then he agreed to refund my money. He never sent it, and I have been unable to contact him since. What a jerk! Now I'm out $200 with nothing to show for it. I am a breeder and dealer myself, and I would never treat a buyer the way he has. He has been nothing but dishonest. Has anyone ever dealt with this guy? Do I have any other recourse? I have already reported him to the site he was posting on.

Old 01-12-2004, 07:18 PM   #2
Wilomn
You should post this in the BOI. You'll get more people reading it there and that's really the appropiate place for it.

Wes Pollock

Old 01-12-2004, 08:48 PM   #3
arboreals
Sorry to head about that. I remember seeing his post before up on the net. They way he wrote which consisted of Hey Gang, or Frog lovers, or Hey dude was kind of odd. But he is one of those typical fly by night scumbag. I see your in Florida also, Im sure there have to be some dealers down here who have your geckos.

Old 01-12-2004, 08:54 PM   #4
KNOBTAIL
What kind of geckos were these

that impressed you enough to buy them from Texas.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:05 PM   #5
geckogirl3
helmeteds from Froggy

I had just purchased an awesome trio of Helmeted geckos from Stacy Yankee at the Daytona show. I loved them so much I wanted more (I'm a leopard gecko breeder and wanted to try something new). When I saw his ad I was amazed how cheap he was offering them. I should have known...if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. And he seemed really nice and professional on the phone. I learned my lesson though. I will never again buy any animal off the internet unless it is a dealer I have dealt with before. It was a lesson not learned cheap.

Old 01-12-2004, 10:17 PM   #6
KNOBTAIL
well Gecko Girl, I am sorry for your loss,

but when it comes to Helmeteds, Stacy would be my only choice. Sorry you had to learn a lesson from a loser who ever this guy is, but if you have any uncertainties, get in touch with the folks at the GGA, or give me a jingle, and we will put you on the right path. JERRY

Old 01-12-2004, 10:45 PM   #7
brucestephenson
Froggy aka Robert Bladen is a swine, and there is another thread you should see titled, "Froggy, has anyone seen him lately?"

Here is the URL for the U.S. Government's Internet Fraud Complaint Center, for anyone who has been ripped off:

on-line Web portal located at www.ifccfbi.gov

Could you please tell us when this happened?

Old 01-12-2004, 11:27 PM   #8
geckogirl3
This incident happened shortly after the last Daytona show (August 2003). So I guess it was September.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:50 PM   #9
dragon1974
all right you buch of nerds froggy does not own us global exotics never has or never will....Jasen Shaw does and is not a man who miss teats animals... i worked for him several years back....the utmost care was given to animals.....so nerds enough with the bad mouthing and go back to playing dungeon and dragons....

Old 04-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #10
dragon1974
to all jedi masters get a life.....quit bad mouthing people you dont even know....I knew froggy and he never ripped off anyone....its people who dont know how to care for animals who have no business even breathing in the first place......makes me wish i could go back in time and slap the parents and keep the from mating

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!