Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
StuTennyson
Beware of Jerry Kruse

Gerard (Jerry) Kruse

I purchased several hatchling zonata from him for $3100 and within a week they started showing some disturbing skin problems. I notified Jerry within a week and told him what was going on. He seemed very nonchalant about it and played it down saying it was most likely something I was doing wrong in my husbandry techniques. He did not offer to take them back, refund my money or replace the animals. He adopted a “let’s just wait and see” attitude which left me feeling insecure. I felt at this point he was hoping I would just drift off into obscurity and stop bothering him. In any event I didn’t think he was going to do anything. I imagined that after waiting a little longer he would wash his hands of the problem saying it was definitely something I did since I would have had them a while at that point. Their condition started getting worse and looked exactly like what Brian Hubbs, author of Mountain Kings, describes as Mountain King (zonata) disease on page 258 of his book. I sent Jerry a picture and an email describing their condition but didn’t hear back from him for several weeks. Again his attitude was the same. He insisted it was something I was doing and offered nothing but “let’s wait and see” again. A month passed and I tried to contact him again but he did not respond. I figured that was it and I was on my own. Unfamiliar with this type of skin problem I posted it on Kingsnake.coms Mountain King forum. I posted pictures too asking if anyone could tell me what this was and offer any help. I got several immediate responses saying it was classic zonata disease and to destroy the animals before it spreads. Jerry contacted me (finally) after seeing my post and complained to me for posting it. He accepted no responsibility for the situation and was in complete denial that these snakes had a problem. He blamed my husbandry techniques and said he didn’t feel responsible. He did at this point offer to take them and work with them but I decided not to because I felt at this point I would never see the snakes or my money again. I tried to communicate to him what I thought he was not doing for me and he became belligerent and aggressive. I told him not to contact me if he could not be civil but he continued. I finally had to tell him to stop contacting me but he continued sending rude email sending rude and unacceptable emails laced with obscene language.

I strongly recommend everyone to stay clear of this individual. There is a distinct possibility his animals carry the zonata disease. He won’t stand behind his animals, replace or refund them. He also has some personal issues. When I confronted him with everything he feigned anger like a child does when they are caught in the act. He has some definite problem accepting responsibility for anything. I’m no psychologist but I recognize someone who is unstable when I see them and this guy fits the bill! You have been warned and to be for warned is to be for armed!

Old 02-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Bill T
Please post the emails

Old 02-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
Snake-Queen
Any proof you have, emails, photos and/or text messages will definitely help your claims.

Also, have you notified Jerry Kruse of this thread?

Old 02-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Desert Queen
I'm sure he is very aware of it. There is a long thread going on KS.com and so far all Mr. Kruse has done is hide behind the skirts of his friend the moderator.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
hhmoore
Since you have already stated that the emails were laced with obscene language - if you choose to post them, remember to censor them

Old 02-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
Allan Bartlett
Thank you Stu for posting this over here. He is indeed an unstable person. I'm sorry for what you have had to go through. I had the disease affect my colony way back in the early 90s. It wiped out every animal within a matter of months.

I don't know how that man sleeps after the way he has treated you. Your reputation is all you have. Apparently Mr Kruse's is only worth about $3100.

It goes without saying that no one should buy or receive any zonatas from Mr Kruse until the health status of his collection is ascertained. I personally will never do business with him ever again. He has shown for the whole community that he is not to be trusted.

I have many archived emails that speak to his character if they need to be posted here as further evidence.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
Lucille
So far there is very little evidence. Stuart, do you have emails to post?

Old 02-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
StuTennyson
photos of the sick zonata

Old 02-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #9
StuTennyson
some email exerpts

These are only a few exerpts from saved emails. I really don't want to spend more time on this. I also have a lot more on text messeges I might post if I can find the time and figure out how to do it. But I think this should be enough "evidence" for now.

"You're f&@king cornering me and shaking your finger at me like I'm your damn 10 year old son or something."

"All because I didn't spazz out to your liking and missed a damn text message."

"I never had problems with ANYONE until I had a falling out with _____."

"C'mon Stu, don't you think you're being really impulsive and a bit assinine at this point?"

"I'm not looking to argue despite my feeling angered"

"I was not in contact with you initially because I was out of the country and my cell service was down for a short time. You're making me sound like a f@#king bum Stu, and I resent that."

"I won't apologize for that because its not something I have done intentionally, nor anything else in this entire exchange between us. I have done the best I can, despite a very brief communication glitch, throughout and this onset of skin dryness is not my fault. I do not have this in my collection nor do I have "zonata disease" either."

"So please, keep YOUR future correspondence appropriate"

"You want to hold me accountable for MY actions, or your PERCEIVED lack of action on my part, but you go ahead and act impulsively based on an ASSUMPTION without credible evidence while trying to blast me "

"By the way, how are the snakes doing? Just throwing that in so you don't feel I'm being neglectful again. I'm starting to think its best if you send the snakes to me to work with so your hot streak doesn't create any foul play. Thoughts? "

"

Old 02-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
SNAKESDJF
RE:

Hi Stu I just sent you a PM