Northwest Florida Herp? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
CalicoDragons
Northwest Florida Herp?

Hello Everybody,
I am posting on this BOI for the first time to see if anybody knows anything about this guy that goes by the name of Northwest Florida Herp? I sold him some dragons last year and never had any problems with him so I couldn't even remember for sure if he was the same person I sold to when I first saw him post ads on Kingsnake. But low and belong he has some of the babies I sold him for sale and has mentioned my name in there bloodlines. I wasn't bothered at first when he didn't answer my e-mails. Which I just wrote him to say hello and see how all of his dragons where doing. Its none of my business if he wishs to sell them later but I was just trying to be nice and say hi. Well I never heard back from him so I thought maybe he is just a busy person and take a good bit of time to get back to you. Like 2 months time. But when he placed a dragon on KS that I sold him and is selling it with the wrong info I e-mailed him again. I don't know if I maybe over reacting about this whole matter but I am 100% certain that he is wrong about its linage and I believe that the buyers have the right to know the correct info. And also if they were buying to breed later. Well I feel that I have given him plenty of time to write back but have still heard nothing. He is selling one of our 100% het trans saying its from Dachiu lines. I think he is just being forgetful since I did sell him a trans we produced that was in fact from a Dachiu het female that was lent to us by Vickie and Rob Dachiu. But the 100% het trans he has up is from my own lines and doesn't have a lick or Dachiu blood in it. I think as a breeder ppl should know this. I also know he is getting my e-mails and ignoring them while still posting the wrong information. I wrote him a very nice e-mail saying I think he could be mistaken. I was as polite as I could be and didn't set a "I know your wrong" tone to it. Long story short if anybody knows about this gentlemen or has had past dealing with him please let me know. Tell me am I going over board with this? I do have a tendency to do that with all my pets and things in general so I need some outside opinions on this matter.
Thanks
-Amy
www.CalicoDragons.com

Old 07-08-2007, 11:12 PM   #2
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoDragons
Tell me am I going over board with this?
Amy, I don't think that you are. You believe that he is misrepresenting animals and you have informed him of that fact. He has chosen to ignore you. Bringing it here may help potential buyers out.

Send him one last email with a link to this thread and be prepared to document exactly what you have claimed.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
CalicoDragons
Thank you for your opinion. I will e-mail him one last time and let him know I have started up a post on Fauna. Maybe then he will answer back
-Amy

Old 07-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
rko39
Yes you are way overboard on this

I know this guy well enough.Iv done a bunch of deals with him.Just for kicks i looked on KS and didn't see what you were talking about.My guess is if you wanted to buy something you would have got an email.I'm sure he like all of us has more emails in a day then we have time to look at.That being said he may of looked at it and changed it but had no reason to email you.Let me say the guy can be a real jerk in a lot of ways.I would tell you but i don't have all day to make the list but when it comes to being honest( most of the time to honest) he is.In the years that iv done deals with him iv always come out well. I do know he ships all over the world and works with many kinds of reptiles.This year he got some kind of cobras to breed in captivity that had never done that before .He had albino tree frogs breed.He has had snakes on national geographic has some other cool stuff in the works.Eather way he is a smart A.. and not always nice.He keeps to him self and i think he just doesn't like many people.Come to think of it why do I buy stuff from this guy lol.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:34 PM   #5
CalicoDragons
Thank you for your opinion about this whole thing. I just think there has been a big misunderstanding. Kenny has taken down the ads and all is well. I am sorry if I did go over board but in all honesty I didn't know Kenny was Northwest. I do know him personally already and I just see so many names out there. And its been so long that I totally forgot that was his business name. I think I may have been hinting at being rude in that first message more so because I didn't recall it was him and from there I was frustrated being I was e-mail this random person and never got back a response. Now I know why and im sorry to Kenny for being rude or even hinting at it in my e-mails or on that message. He is a good guy and like I said I do sometimes go over board about this matters. I am a big person on sells and bloodline info so I get carried away all the time when I see so many people mislabel there dragons. I of course never say much about it because there not directly from me and so I am not involved in that way. Either way it was a misunderstanding and I went a bit over board my apologies.
-Amy Halstrom

Old 07-12-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
JakeMilbradt
There's another thread about him on here:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=97157

Jake

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!