Bad Guy Bigpimpen22 led me on a wild goose chase. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #37
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discojaguar;1451887[B
]Sir, apparently you did not read the entire thread. paperwork was provided to show that his family was hospitalized a day or so prior to the incident. [/b]

I personally would understand that a deposit is a deposit, and feel the seller made every effort to get the snake to the buyer.
This would be a valid point in the buyers favor, except for the fact that the proof was provided here, after the deal fell through.

I am on the fence on this one, only because of the proof of hospital/clinic visits. Even without a TOS, industry standard is, if you pay money for a deposit/hold it is non-refundable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaellosoya View Post
Here are the emails, I'll get the texts up next. The conversation goes from the bottom up.

To: Chris Wilder <cwilder64@yahoo.com>;
Subject: Re: cwilder64@yahoo.com
Sent: Thu, Apr 12, 2012 1:18:16 PM

I don't really need one of those at the moment but the deposit will work just fine. Which female is it that you want? My paypal account is michaellosoya@gmail.com and I will hold her for you. Just let me know. Thanks,

Mike

On Apr 12, 2012, at 7:33 AM, Chris Wilder wrote:

And if your not interested n tha trade I can give u 100 down on her so she won't go anywhere lol

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android
It is quite obvious that is is a deposit.

That being said, a warning to the buyer stating that he has X amount of time to come up with the money before the snake is sold to another buyer & his deposit is forfeit would have been appropriate and quite warranted here.

The lesson here should be, if you put money down on something, agree on the what ifs.