Info Amy Zerkle's temper, beware! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #21
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I did a search on Zerkle right now and I see there are many good reviews.
Amy and Rob are good people. I give them the DAND seal of approval.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #22
Southern Wolf
Here is something that crossed my mind. The seller keeps stating she wants her snakes back. HOWEVER... they are no longer her snakes. The OP bought and paid for those snakes.... therefore they are now the OP's snakes. Seems to me the OP was concerned about the one with the kink... as anyone would be.

As to the friendship thing... maybe that was done before all this started.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #23
Temporalis_Enterprises
I have to say I have dealt with Amy and it has been nothing but great! I bought a King Rat snake from her. The snake is great. The snake was in perfect health when I got it. But when we had a issue at my house and the house overheated the snake got sick. Amy talked to me and she helped me through the steps of geting the snake well. Amy and I maintain regular conversations on Facebook. She is a great breeder and I WILL buy from her again. I plan to get my king rat a mate and get some red spotted garters from her. Have you alerted her of this thread yet? If not you need to! She needs to see what is going on and mabye she can explain. I have pictures of the snake I recieved and pictures of the shipping. She is a great person and I can't wait to do transactions with her again.
regards,
David Deem

Old 07-12-2009, 12:21 AM   #24
KelliH
Just send her the snakes back and get a refund. Maybe she did not notice the kink? Amy Zerkle has been in this hobby for may years with a stellar reputation. She offered to refund you! How is that a bad guy?? Just send the animals back and get a refund!

Old 07-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #25
aleria
I guess what I don't understand is why Amy is demanding all of the snakes back for a full refund rather than just refunding for the one damaged snake like the OP asked for. In her emails she stated she was perfectly happy with the others and wanted to keep them and Amy basically said no if you're not happy with the one then I want them all back(paraphrasing). That seems a little off to me.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #26
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Just send her the snakes back and get a refund. Maybe she did not notice the kink? Amy Zerkle has been in this hobby for may years with a stellar reputation. She offered to refund you! How is that a bad guy?? Just send the animals back and get a refund!
Well said.
Amy has been around, for like zillion years, and I have heard nothing but POSITIVE things about her.
Well, uhh, she's not that old, but you get the drift.

Randal Berry

Old 07-12-2009, 01:00 AM   #27
Zack319
Why can't a partial refund be made?
If you go to the store, and buy 10 of the same item, and 1 doesn't work. You can ask for a refund on that "one" item.
Why should this be any different?

Old 07-12-2009, 01:04 AM   #28
bigdogg
I know Rob and Amy personally and see them every month at the All Ohio shows. Im guessing it was a group price for the 4 snakes and would be easier to refund the money and get them all back then it would be just one. I could see why she would want them all back being a seller. Makes it easier then to try to figure out a price for a single animal. Rob and Amy are both stand up people. And as Dave they have my seal of approval as well. So thats my 2 cents.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #29
MayorNewton
OK, you got a 'newbie' here, with an unsolicited, unbiased opinion based simply on what I'm reading, and not on any 'past friendships,' or whatever.

I was going to let this go after reading it with interest, but 'KelliH's' comment made me decide to put my dog in this fight. First of all, it's too bad that the seller hasn't weighed in here, as of course there are two sides to any story. I know neither party, by the way.

I will give it to you that the seller, 'Amy,' is a stellar dealer/breeder. Fine. That does not mean that they can't ever do something wrong...and it's my opinion that in this case, Amy is wrong. As was said, these snakes are not 'her' snakes any longer, though it is admirable, to a point, that she feels a certain 'loyalty' to them. The fact is, though, that she is 'demanding' the return of all of them, and that is not what Beth, the buyer, has in mind. She does not want to return any of the snakes, so I'm not sure why KelliH is telling her to 'just return the snakes.' They are Beth's snakes, and she does not want to return them.

The reason, as I see it, that Beth posted about this on here is not to get a refund on her purchase...as I said, she wants to keep them...but to point out that in 'this' case, Amy was not quite all that 'stellar.' In my opinion, Amy 'embellished' a bit, by saying that Beth questioned the snake's origin and species. That just didn't happen, did it? So Amy tried to 'spin' things her way, and it doesn't quite come off like she wants it to. She wants to throw some blame on Beth into the mix here, and I don't see what Beth did wrong at all.

Perhaps Amy is a wonderful person, but in my opinion, Beth is right to hold on to the snakes and not entertain the idea of returning them just because Amy and KelliH and others are 'demanding' that she does. I think Beth bent over backwards to be 'sweet' to Amy in the emails...something that I, perhaps, wouldn't have been able to do.

'My' two cents.

Randolph James (Rj) Linburg/AKA Mayor Newton
Port Richey, Florida
MayorNewton@BoardOfInquiry.org

Old 07-12-2009, 07:29 AM   #30
jayefbe
I think I understand why Amy is ticked with this seller. Yes, mistakes happen. She appeared to have mislabeled the sexes on two of the garters, plus one of the animals does appear to have a kink.

But, rather than deal with these issues (that may have been just a simple error, or an overlooked detail) by contacting the seller, the buyer chose to post about it on a forum. While I don't think the buyer was trying to drag Amy's name through the mud, that's exactly what happened. At this point Amy's name has already been associated with sexing errors and shipping a less than stellar animal, when she had no option to fix said issues. If I sold a snake that a buyer was unhappy with, I would want them to contact me about it first, not search for advice from an entire forum that has no firsthand experience with the animal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
garter snake, zerkle