Bad Guy Branden Vullo (gymped)- BEWARE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
Playboid
Branden Vullo (gymped)- BEWARE

In the first week of April, Branden contacted me asking if I was interested in trading. He claimed he had an abundance of Dubia Roaches and was looking for more, high end/rare ball pythons to add to his collection. This was not the first trade of this nature Branden and I had both been a part of.....

On April 15th, Branden and I agreed on a trade. I was to ship him 1.0 300g range Super Pastel Butter Clown, 0.1 1700g range proven breeder Pastel Clown, 0.1 1800g range proven breeder Superblast, and 1.0 600g range Emperor from my Masuku Project. We had an agreed value of $10,000 in ball pythons. Branden was to ship $10,000 worth of roaches, random amount of each size, to my friend Dan Aardsma. Dan is a wholesaler of feeders; rats, mice, roaches worms, etc... They agreed on a price per $1000. There was no set amount of any of the sizes, as the sizes did not matter. They quantity just had to be worth $10,000 at the agreed prices per $1000. There were 2 stipulations to this deal.... I did not want a prolonged transaction and Dan did not want ANY ADULT roaches......

I shipped on the evening of April 15th as requested by Branden. I was grateful he contacted me with the trade opportunity, so I even through 2 more ball pythons in the delivery; 0.1 Karma 150g range and 0.1 Queenbelly from my Masuku Project. Branden wanted both originally. He wanted to give the Karma to his brother and I told Branden, once you're done sorting, would you throw in some extra roaches as "consideration" for the Queenbelly, somewhere in the $1000-3000 range. Branden said no problem.

On April 16th, Branden received all 6 snakes, alive and well. I confirmed my roaches would be sent Monday, April 20th to arrive April 22nd via USPS 2 day priority shipping. Monday came and there was an issue with weather. Branden didn't feel comfortable shipping. I suggested we use same day Delta Dash. Branden was adamant he wanted to use USPS to save on shipping. I offered to pay the difference in cost between the 2 and his reply was he had issues getting all of the boxes to the airport because the only vehicle he had access to was his Lamborghini Gallardo. I insisted he ship. He deflected.... I never received the roaches.

Over the next couple of days (April 22nd to April 26th, I'm speculating dates at this point and I will explain why at the end), Branden explained to me that the roaches he had set aside for me had molted and were now adults. He only had $2500 worth of roaches left from what he had for me. I asked what happened to the rest. I was informed they were accidentally added to his breeding colonies and he had no way to figure out which were mine. He then tried to push his adult females on me at $1 each. My friend Dan who was dealing with the roach part of the deal for me was livid. Dan made it EXTREMELY clear, he wanted ZERO adults. We were at a stalemate.

I told Branden to just ship me back my animals and when he produced enough roaches, contacted me then. Branden then informed me it would be impossible to ship me back my animals because his brother stole them from him. At this point I was livid. Branden did NOT have the roaches he promised me, NO LONGER HAD MY ANIMALS, and when I even mentioned he would have to come up with cash, Branden used every analogy and excuse why that wasn't possible. Even claiming he has an LLC set up to protect him from ever having to come up with cash out of his pocket......

Since then, I have bent over backwards trying to make this deal work. He is unwilling to ship back the animals he claims he still has, saying his brother only stole the clowns. When we finally agreed to at least attempt to make a deal for adults, he was unwilling to meet our offered price, repeating over and over again how we could sell them for more if we did local shows and sold small lots instead of wholesale. When Branden finally agreed to send the adults at our price, he couldn't fill that order either. Also, he complained about shipping cost. The next solution Branden had was he would pay in installments of roaches.... So first he wanted to force adults on us, which we said form jumo we wanted no part of, now he wants installment paying, which goes against the only other stipulation I flat out said I wanted no part of... I asked how long it would take him, now this was the afternoon of April 26th. I know this because it was my mom's birthday. Branden said it would take 6 weeks. I said that would be fine, but not a day longer, so before we agree, go analyze your production and make sure his estimated time frame of 6 weeks was possible. Branden replied a few hours later..... it would be more like 6 months. I said unacceptable.....

On Wednesday April 29th, Branden decided to ship what was left of the roaches he had set aside for me originally. His value was $2500, but the value at the agreed prices was around $1100 Branden estimated.... When the box arrived, it weighed 3lbs, 10oz. The box and egg crates accounted for almost half of the weight. After sorting, the roaches he sent had a $181 value based on what was in the box and at the agreed prices. Branden accused the third party who sorted them of being a liar and if he was wrong, he would wire my $10,000 CASH to my bank. We provided pictures and proof via weight and the mathematical formula that he was wrong. I received no money.

Since then I have sought legal action. As of right now, it appears the only legal action I have is a civil lawsuit, that even when the judge finds in my favor, I will have the responsibility of collecting the judgement myself....

I didn't want to sell/trade the animals I sent Branden. I portrayed myself during the negotiations like I had no reason to get rid of them... In truth, I'm broke. I am supporting 2 households, my father is dying and I am working 6 days at my current job. I'm just simply not making enough money. When I explained this to Branden, he replied, "Well that's why I'm offering to send roaches every month, to help you out because I know you're in a pinch." Somehow, this guy doesn't comprehend, HE IS WHY I'M IN THE POSITION I AM!!!!!

I'm posting this here for 4 reasons:

1. To warn everyone out there that this guy can not be trusted.

2. To help me locate my animals. I fear they were sold. If I can locate who bought them, maybe they can shed some light on this ordeal. I will attach pictures below of the animals I sent him.

3. To ask for help. If anyone knows anyone, in law enforcement, an attorney, or anyone that can help me recover my animals first, the roaches second, or cash third, PLEASE have them email me at playboidreptiles@aol.com or call at 773-858-4714 The 2 attorneys I spoke to want $3000 and $2000 respectfully as a retainer. I don't have $300 let alone $3000.

4. Lastly, I would like some justice. If any of you can copy this or attach a link and share I would greatly appreciate it. If you do business with Branden, PLEASE STOP! He's not the only breeder of roaches. PLEASE BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! This guy brags about driving his Lamborghini Gallardo, traveling Europe, and living in Tampa, FL area as well as Australia. Yet, he won't compensate a blue collar construction worker, who's busting his tail trying to keep roofs over his mother and his aunt's heads. What kind of a man does that to another person?

Below are pictures that solidify my side of the story. There are pics of my animals, the box Branden shipped of roaches, claiming it weighed 8lbs and had $1100 in roaches in it, which was clearly a horrible estimate on his part. Screenshots of him agreeing he did not follow through on the agreement. As well as a few screenshots of texts he sent me.

I have over 150 pics now of screenshots from this ordeal. I cannot monitor this BOI all day. If you see something you believe I represented falsely, please politely bring it to my attention and I will address it. I am extremely stress, so much so my doctor believes it is why I cannot seem to fight off the sinus and chest infections I have had all month. I am not eating or sleeping properly. Also, I had to sell off 15 more animals I did NOT plan on parting with to try and generate the money I lost from Branden screwing me. I know people like to butcher the original poster on BOIs. I am open to questions, all I ask is you do it politely and give me time to reply. I have nothing to hide.

Thank you for your time.

One last thing, this was not the first transaction Branden and I have been a part of.... so when you ask yourself why I would send $10,000 worth of snakes without some sort of contingencies plan, it's because I had no reason not to trust Branden.... Unfortunately, that no longer stands true. Hindsight is 20/20.

The first 4 pics are from Wed. April 22nd. You can see, even though the shipment is already 2 days late, Dan and I are both willing to work with him. I am still requesting shipping Delta Dash, he's still pushing USPS. The comment on the Gallardo is there and this is the FIRST I am hearing about not being able to fill the order, do we want adults. Then his claim roaches had molted.... I don't see how that mattered? If you set them aside to fill the agreement, wouldn't they be mine? Who cares if they molted while you took a week to ship??? You traded them to me as XL... just cause they grew doesn't mean they aren't available now. It's ridiculous.
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2015, 07:33 PM   #2
Playboid
Please give me a few minutes, I am trying to figure out how to post pics of the animals and pics of the text messages where he makes the claim of the roaches he shipped being an 8lb box.... please be patient. I'm sorry

Old 05-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #3
Playboid
Animals included in $10,000 trade

Male Super Pastel Butter Clown
Female Superblast
Male Emperor (one on left)
Female Pastel Clown (I can't find the actual pic I sent, but this is her being bred last year
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2015, 07:40 PM   #4
Playboid
texts about the box shipped

This line of texts is where you can see he has no idea what he is shipping, yet I'm supposed to believe he will pay me in installment, that he refuses to give exact dates or amounts he will send.... Branden just expects me to trust him.... yea, I can't do that. We see where it got me.
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #5
Playboid
2 extra animals I sent

Female Karma
Female Queenbelly from my Masuku Project

along with the picture of the shipping label on the box of roaches he sent he estimated were 8lbs and valued at $1100 which turned out to be 3lbs and $181

Last is a pic of his response when asked to comment in another BOI

I'm not sure what else I need to post. I want to believe he will make good, but what faith has he given me. Thank you for your time.
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2015, 07:46 PM   #6
Playboid
I sincerely thank you all for your time and any support provided in any way.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:09 PM   #7
Playboid
Text... forgot about these

Here are the first 4 texts after Branden was informed what we received from in in the USPS flat rate box he shipped..... I apologize for any explicit language, these obviously weren't intended to be in a public forum, but circumstances dictate differently now.
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2015, 08:13 PM   #8
Playboid
Last one I hope

pics 5-7 of text conversation

Branden I hope you reply. If I did anything to warrant the way you are treating me, I would definitely like to know. I hope, at the very least, I get some clarity from you as to why you did this to me. I simply don't understand.

If someone will let him know I posted, I would appreciate it. I refuse to contact him any longer unless it's to set up shipping of my animals, the roaches, or the value of the deal in cash, or any combination to be honest. I just want what I am owed.

Thanks again
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2015, 08:16 PM   #9
Playboid
2 user names

I have 2 user names here.

Wallbanger26

and

Playboid

I don't recall why... I either lost the password to one or I started with Wallbanger26 and wanted to use Playboid instead... Just because I saw this was an issue in another thread. Like I said, I have nothing to hide.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:16 PM   #10
Lucille
QUOTE=Playboid;1817546]

On April 15th, Branden and I agreed on a trade. I was to ship him 1.0 300g range Super Pastel Butter Clown, 0.1 1700g range proven breeder Pastel Clown, 0.1 1800g range proven breeder Superblast, and 1.0 600g range Emperor from my Masuku Project. We had an agreed value of $10,000 in ball pythons. Branden was to ship $10,000 worth of roaches, random amount of each size, to my friend Dan Aardsma. [/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playboid View Post

I didn't want to sell/trade the animals I sent Branden.
OK,so you sent snakes, and your friend was supposed to get roaches. What was in it for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playboid View Post
In the first week of April, Branden contacted me asking if I was interested in I portrayed myself during the negotiations like I had no reason to get rid of them... In truth, I'm broke. I am supporting 2 households, my father is dying and I am working 6 days at my current job. I'm just simply not making enough money. When I explained this to Branden, he replied, "Well that's why I'm offering to send roaches every month, to help you out because I know you're in a pinch." Somehow, this guy doesn't comprehend, HE IS WHY I'M IN THE POSITION I AM!!!!!
It sounds like you have a lot of problems,(I'm sorry about your Dad) but I really do not see that sending a few snakes and your friend not getting roaches caused all of them.
I'm hoping Branden comes on here and gives his side, it just feels as if there are chunks of info missing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
branden vullo