Anything to do besides put down? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
juice it
Anything to do besides put down?

I just had my first clutch a few weeks ago and all has been well except one baby. Somtimes it seems fine but many times it seems like it has paralysis and will walk with its head cocked at a wierd angle and many times it has its eyes closed while the others are chasing crickets. Other times it seems just fine. It is way smaller than the rest and I just don't know what I should be doing with it. When it is in normal mode it is eating/drinking just fine but when not he doesn't do much of anything. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 05-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
JordanAng420
Well, if it isn't already, I would definitely separate this kiddo from the rest of the bunch so you can keep an eye on him, and mainly to decrease stress.

I don't think I would put it down quite yet from what I am hearing. As long as it's eating and drinking, urinating and defecating, and seems comfortable and able to get around without a huge problem, I would keep it at my own facility as a pet-only animal.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Ed Clark
Maybe hypocalcemic? mix some powdered calcium with water then shoot into the back of its mouth with a dosing syringe,do a small amount every day, you should see positive results in around 2 weeks.make sure this dragon can bask under a fresh uvb bulb,the bulb must be at a distance no greater than 16" away 12" or less is better.quarantine away from the other babies.if you dont see any improvement you should consider culling...they all don't make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice it View Post
Somtimes it seems fine but many times it seems like it has paralysis and will walk with its head cocked at a wierd angle and many times it has its eyes closed while the others are chasing crickets.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
juice it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Maybe hypocalcemic? mix some powdered calcium with water then shoot into the back of its mouth with a dosing syringe,do a small amount every day, you should see positive results in around 2 weeks.make sure this dragon can bask under a fresh uvb bulb,the bulb must be at a distance no greater than 16" away 12" or less is better.quarantine away from the other babies.if you dont see any improvement you should consider culling...they all don't make it.

Will try this although I have been dusting crickets and he/she seems to eat ok. It is strange, sometimes it seems fine, other times it seems like it has a neurological problem. It is now about half the size of the others. I wouldn't even know how to euthanize one and hate to think that may be what will need to be done. I will definately give it more time before even considering it.

Thanks, Jeff

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!