Inquiry MJC Serpents... - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #71
wtfxtayyy
I would not hesitate to buy an animal from Mindy's collection, nor would I hesitate to buy an animal from her workplace. Mistakes happen, with all of us, especially when we're starting out. As an experienced Veterinary Technician specializing in reptiles and exotics, I do not see any major red flags in this situation. If her animals were ill, they would be displaying far more symptoms, and most would be dead by now. Have I ever done a transaction with MJC? No, I haven't. But like I said before, I would not hesitate.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #72
Pink Lady Exotics
What picture from "March"?

Old 10-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #73
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfxtayyy View Post
As an experienced Veterinary Technician specializing in reptiles and exotics, I do not see any major red flags in this situation.
Scary. Especially given that you apparently ignore the fact that several known viruses have carrier states.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #74
Pink Lady Exotics
Taylor, you're 20 years old. A minute older than Mindy. I doubt you're THAT experienced as a VT.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #75
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcballpythons View Post
Jen, yesI have admitted mistakes. I admitted fault for misusing the word "viral," claiming IBD when I have no idea what it was, making assumptions, and not getting a necropsy.
I am not an expert in snake diseases, so please forgive if I am not asking correctly. If you have no idea what it was, and neither a test nor a necropsy was done, how do you know it wasn't IBD?

Old 10-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #76
JCCS
Mindy, just as my experience with you on FB, you have shown a fundamental lack of understanding of many things here. I don't even know where to begin. I've seen this trainwreck coming for a while and didn't know anything about BOI, just how she presented herself. She may love reptiles more than any "Unorthodox breeder" (What does that mean, anyway?) but that doesn't mean she has a clue about what she's doing with them. It's very apparent that she doesn't and she refuses to take any advice about how to handle situations with them. Unfortunately, she's going to continue to put other people's collections at risk because of her arrogance about her very, very questionable "knowledge". Good luck to the animals in your care, as they will obviously need it.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #77
wtfxtayyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Lady Exotics View Post
Taylor, you're 20 years old. A minute older than Mindy. I doubt you're THAT experienced as a VT.
You're friendly.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #78
JCCS
Also, explain your definition of "viral"? Because I don't know if that means what you think it means. IBD is very much viral, it's sorta in the name. Inclusion Bodies are basically how viruses multiply. Viral doesn't mean airborne. And just because it's not airborne doesn't mean it is not extremely contagious. And as mentioned, without a necropsy, you have no clue how any snake died.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #79
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfxtayyy View Post
I would not hesitate to buy an animal from Mindy's collection, nor would I hesitate to buy an animal from her workplace. Mistakes happen, with all of us, especially when we're starting out. As an experienced Veterinary Technician specializing in reptiles and exotics, I do not see any major red flags in this situation. If her animals were ill, they would be displaying far more symptoms, and most would be dead by now. Have I ever done a transaction with MJC? No, I haven't. But like I said before, I would not hesitate.
List your credentials;schooling,BS,certificates of learning,etc! Until then I would immensely hesitate believing your post!

Old 10-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #80
JCCS
No, she's truthful. At that age, you can't have but so much experience, it's just a matter of math.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!