Bad Guy Turtle Shack.com Thiefs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
desoner
Turtle Shack.com Thiefs

I placed a order for two baby snappers on Oct 1 2014. Payed in full via Their website. On Oct 3rd they contacted me said they need $20. more for shipping. I then emailed back and asked to please cancel my order and i would like a refund. A couple of days passed.. no reply. So i called and spoke to a guy named Steve. He told me the refund will be within 10 days.
Never got it. I called yesterday the 21st. He said he emailed the owner and she will email me tomorrow about my refund. Still nothing so i called today and Steve told me he only talks to the owner via email. Her name is Tori. He dont have a number for her. He would not give me his last name. He then told me he dont care if i report it he only is the salesman and not the owner. He told me to keep emailing Turtleshack@verizon.net
I then googled the name and saw a bunch of Fraud alerts. I thought they were legit because i saw them on Fauna as sponsors on the turtle classifieds.
Anyone ever bought from them?
Jason Perez

Old 10-22-2014, 06:12 PM   #2
lillyorchid
I would post any emails, or screen shots of your transaction between you and TurtleShack.com. Also I take it you payed with a card, you can either dispute it with PayPal, if you paid that way, or go through your credit card company for fraud.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #3
desoner
Thanks, I used a debit card. Called bank of america they will take action in 24hrs. I Have a screenshot of the receipt. I am finding they have two sites. also turtlesales.com

Old 10-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
LauraB
Here's their contact info from their website:

Duane Swaniec
6821 Industrial Ave.
Port Richey, Fl. 34668
727-842-1711
800-517-1809

Old 10-22-2014, 09:56 PM   #5
neilg
WOW!
would have never guessed cause their name seems plastered all over FC!
guess they PAID for those ads plastered all over? (fair question, no?)

Old 10-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg View Post
WOW!
Yes, they did. That's just the way it is here. I don't shield advertisers, paid members, or sponsors from scrutiny from the membership, and the flip side to that is that neither do I place judgment on them when everything said is pretty much third party hearsay. That is up to YOU to do based on what you interpret from postings made by others. As long as they pay in advance for the services they desire from this site, I can only judge them by the way they act in transactions WITH me. I believe any rational person would consider this as being fair.

All in all, this is really no different at all from members (like yourself) who have not EVER paid a dime here and yet can post in BOI threads, the general forums, classified ads and replies to classified ads, all for free as often and as much as they like. I don't normally judge the suitability of YOUR being here unless you violate the rules of this site or in any manner PROVE to me that your participation here is really not in my best interests.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #7
hhmoore
Quote:
WOW!
Of course they PAID for those ads plastered all over...how did YOU think the ads got there?
Perhaps you never noticed the Banner Advertising navigation tab in the top header, or the "Your ad could be here" that appear in various locations

Old 10-23-2014, 12:32 AM   #8
neilg
Red face

WOW.. just WOW!

Old 10-23-2014, 01:09 AM   #9
EmeraldBoid
Good thing you used a card and not a transfer.
Quote:
WOW.. just WOW!
What? You honestly expected them to screen every company that buys an advertisement slot?

Old 10-23-2014, 02:59 AM   #10
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldBoid View Post
What? You honestly expected them to screen every company that buys an advertisement slot?

Webslave is not a judge, he doesn't scrutinize every potential advertiser. If they have the funds to pay the ad space fees, that is as far as it goes.

Just as the moderators/owner don't ban people for "scamming", a person has to actually break the rules to be banned. It is up to us, the consumer to research the seller.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!