Reptile Kingdom, Allen Roth--good guy and a big CONGRATULATIONS! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-23-2003, 05:21 PM   #1
Pennebaker
Talking Reptile Kingdom, Allen Roth--good guy and a big CONGRATULATIONS!

We just finished another transaction with Allen at Reptile Kingdom and as always, it went very well! And the most mindblowing part of it is that he just got married this weekend!
We had no idea when we initiated the transaction and I just could not believe that he made the time to work with us during such a big life event.
Great guy to work with, beautiful animals, nice guy all and all.

And a big congratulations on getting married!

Dana (and Loren)

Old 09-23-2003, 05:27 PM   #2
Pennebaker
Oops, typo in the title--it's Allen Both--sorry!
Dana

Old 09-24-2003, 01:28 AM   #3
Intense Herpetoculture
I dealt with them last year. I was not satisfied with my purchase, but I guess Allen did his part of the deal. It all started with my contacting Allen via phone and e-mail in regards to a male Bradypodion xenorhinum, a species I was quite eager to acquire. He sent several pics he took. I talked to Allen about the chameleon asking how long he has had it, is it eating, is it hydrated, what temp. he is keeping it at, if it looked healthy, etc. Everything sounded and looked decent so I told him I wanted this guy for sure, I sent him payment (I think via paypal?) ASAP and he sent it out first thing via UPS to a station located near me. The chameleon was packed in a large deli cup with a fake plastic plant in it. I personally thought the chameleon was improperly packed, allowing to much room for the chameleon to be thrown around while in transit. I already picked him up, what else could I do. One thing I think Allen didn't mention was how skinny this guy was, his "hip" and tail bones were showing, he was very skinny. I e-mailed Allen telling him the chameleon came in alive but looked a lot skinner then Allen told me he was. I told him I should be able to bring him back to health with some luck and I'd keep him updated. I don't think Allen ever e-mailed me back. Within two days I was able to hydrate the chameleon up and he looked a lot better and seemed to have a good appetite. However, by the end of the week he went sharply down hill and died. I e-mail Allen and never received a response. While I was frustrated that Allen would even sale such an dehydrated and unhealthy animal, I remembered that Allen only guaranteed live arrival and that’s what I got. So I just took the loss and decided I would refuse to do business with Allen again. I guess I it could have been worse. Here is a pic of the male after two days in my care. If you look at the pic, you will notice he is leaning on the plant for support, his coloration is very dull and listless, and his sunken eyes show he is largely dehydrated. He looked a lot worse then this when I got him.

Old 07-05-2005, 06:13 PM   #4
jasballs
I just dealt with Allen this weekend. Great guy, Great animal! Will do business with him again. With out a second thought!

Old 07-06-2005, 10:29 AM   #5
Ed Clark
Wink reptile kingdom - allen

just did a trade deal with allen,recieved a nice healthy and colorful female ball python. thanks Allen. ED CLARK/cape may reptile co.

Old 07-13-2005, 08:30 PM   #6
nicolai
Allens a great guy!!!

Just got some real nice crested geckos from Allen in a trade. They are awesome.He is a very honest person to deal with and takes excellent care of all his animals. If your looking to get excellent animals at a great price he is the guy to see!!

Old 07-18-2005, 09:30 AM   #7
DragonCharm
Thumbs up

I bought a Western Hognose male from him at a previous White Plains show. The little hog is doing quite well and pounding frozen like a champ. I think there's one other animal I aquired from him at a show but my memory is a sieve.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!