DTS Herps, Inc...inquiry - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:58 PM   #81
Dennis Hultman
He changed his mind later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Dan, I don't want to argue with you on the points that you believe you are correct on.
I would like to offer another opinion in regards to the the other thread.
Of course you can just disregard it.

On post #106 you stated to Jesse-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
Well I will send you a pair of viper boas for free since you apologized. Please just give me a week or two to get them and feed them and check them out.

Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Jesse hasn't made any further posts and seems to have accepted your offer. On post #218 it seems you are now rescinding that offer to your customer.
At least that is how I read the post.
Quote:
Yea, after consult, I will stick with the terms of sale.
I understand your upset with everyone else here but I don't understand why now you would let that influence your previous decision to make your customer happy. It's not his fault the threads continued.
Quote:
But again, advice from professionals in the industry suggested I stick with the terms of company policy and I have reviewed several companies terms and their terms are quite tough.

Dan
Dan being polite here and just wanting you to consider the fact that you already offered to go outside the terms for this particular customer. The advice you received could be consider good, great or inadequate depending on different circumstances and point of views on future transactions. It just seems to me that since you already offered the replacements before receiving this advice that it would be a good thing to stand by what you already stated to the gentleman.

Just my opinion.
Quote:
Dennis: You are the only one here with some sense. I always take care of the good guys and perhaps will later with him.

But besides that fact and don't run off, tell me what you would do if you sent a fellow 2 viper boas feeding on live mice and he said they arrived happy and healthy and 2 weeks later he calls you at 2 AM cursing at you? And keep in mind your guarantee is for live arrival. Would you send him 2 more snakes? Be honest now.

And again you do not know all the facts. I told him they only would eat live mice. Knowing this, he made a statment that he left in a dead mouse and it did not eat and he found it dead later? Seems odd to me. I think he put in food and the snakes were stressed from all of his handling and did not eat and the mice stressed them further and they died from the stress. That aside, I might take care of this on my own accord later and it is between him and me. I will call him in a week and see how settled he is over it all and see what I can do for him. I have 2 gravid specimens also and might be able to provide some babies so there are many options here.

You are quick and good at this investigation work, so show me another dealer who has a more than live arrival guarantee on wild caught snakes? Show me an instance when a dealer has before provided any snake or reptile after the owner reported them as received healthy and happy?

Dan

Old 08-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #82
critical bill
Ohhhhhh....

Thats why I love Hultman.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:01 PM   #83
jburrut
Jerry TResser,

Well, heres the deal, He guaranteed live arrival, which they did arive live. And he guaranteed that the two snakes would both eat. Which they both did not. They appeared healthy, I e-mailed him stating that, I did point out that one had a scale rott, scar, or sore of some sort on the snake. He denied even knowing about this. I e-mailed him on a few occasions asap trying to handle the matter asap. He put it off because of his herping trip that he was going on. When he got back he promised to take care of it. I never got a hold of him through e-mail. I had to call him one night, He was very stubborn about any of needs like refunding the money That I just sent him in exchange for two dead snakes.I was very frustraited, and it came the point where we were arguing so I asked him if it would be easyer for me to come down to florida to get my money. He stated that he's an army vet and if I came he'd shoot me down. On one note I agree with you but on the other I don't as far as this is the industry??? I'd have to say you got shafted if you spent your hard earned money on 7 lizards, and 1 dies? Excuse me, But I asked for 7 live lizards that would trive, and live healthy. Unless those were the terms you bought the lizards on that some might die. Knowing that if I would have bought these snakes and there was a chance that less than a week later they would die? Theres no F-ing way I'd take the chance of throwing my money away. Its not the deal I signed up for, And dan did nuthing but be a coward about handling it. MY pops taught me to be a man of my word, And I am, I don't hide behind my computer like a coward. If my product is bad, fine I'll take care of it, and thats just how I've been treated in the past in this industry so I assumed that dan would be the same but I was wrong.

Pretty much I've learned my lesson, If and when I decided to buy again over the internet. I'm going to choose very wisely. I couldnt amagine if I had spent anymore money, I'd be taking him to court for sure.

By the way, I kept them accordinly to jerry conways way of keeping the snakes, I've kept viper boas in the past also, I never ever had a problem. This guy is a total phoney, Just listen to the way he talks to the people on this forum. No respect for the industry nor the people who help make this hobby fun. I can't really argue, about it anymore I'm over it, I've just come to the terms that I wont ever run a business the way dan does, I want to be treated and treat other people better than the way dan deals with his business.

That is all I have to say,

Old 08-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #84
KNOBTAIL
Thanks for responding,

To set the record straight, no one anticipates anything to die within the first 24 hours. From all outward appearances the lizard in question looked fine. Then died. It happens, and its my loss ! The shipper guarantee's "Live arrival" beyond that, whatever happens, happens and there is no recourse unless prior arrangements were made. Which brings me to you ! As I indicated, I am sorry that you had this loss, but If Dans obligation ends at delivery, then its a closed story if the animals arrived alive. If there were extenuating circumstances like the ones you mentioned, I concur, these should have been brought to Dans attention immediately. Apparently you did !

In this business, buying herps is done on a good faith basis when it involves shipping and buying sight unseen. Its unfortunate that you were unable to see his prior shipping experience that was posted here.

Maybe the terms of service should be the first thing that people should be made aware of so they understand what they are getting into when ordering from strangers. You may also want to limit your liability in the future by paying differently. Insofar as Jerry Conway is concerned. I think if you do a search on him you may be unpleasantly surprised at the problems he incurred on the BOI.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:10 PM   #85
Dan Scolaro
Jesse: You are full of wind. I shipped you 2 great viper boas that fed several times on live mice and after a week emailed that both died. I email that I would be kind to extend the guarantee to two more replacements at 12 dollars each, and instead of accepting that kind offer, you phoned me at 3 AM strung out on steroids or drunk that you were going to cause harm and I hung up the phone on you. Further, you never explained any sign or symptom of any illness in the snakes. Your report was that they arrived in great health and condition and was so happy you offered to purchase more of them. I have a great bet that you stressed them with food or tease feeding and/or cooked them on a heat pad. Regardless, you never provided any proof of any snake sick or dead as your cell phone photo did not depict anything but a blur. Regardless, they were 2 fat and solid snakes that were doing great here so I got my money on the bet you killed them. It was no coincidence that both died the same time. I bet you cooked them on a heat pad and tried to take advantage of the seller.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:13 PM   #86
Dan Scolaro
Dennis: Yes, I changed my mind. I will not allow anyone to take advantage of me. Are you still sore about me refusing to sell you some nice candoia babies or have a point here to make about me standing behind my companies guarantee? I bet you are still sore about the candoia as you have no other interest or business sticking your nose into this or any tranaction.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:36 PM   #87
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Dennis: Yes, I changed my mind. I will not allow anyone to take advantage of me. Are you still sore about me refusing to sell you some nice candoia babies or have a point here to make about me standing behind my companies guarantee? I bet you are still sore about the candoia as you have no other interest or business sticking your nose into this or any tranaction.

mmphhh!!!

Please (tears!) someone make him stop (gasps for air) Dennis please move this thread to just for laughs

Old 08-15-2008, 10:50 PM   #88
Dan Scolaro
He cannot move it.

It's a response to his malicious motivation to post such garbage as he posted that stuff because he stuck his big nose into my business, and as a result, I refused to sell him candoia. He now posts other crap in retaliation just like you sticking your nose where is does not belong when you were made I would not accept your low ball offers for my quality snakes and you are here trying to weasel you way out of appearing like a cheap skate in front of your friends.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:20 PM   #89
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
He cannot move it.

It's a response to his malicious motivation to post such garbage as he posted that stuff because he stuck his big nose into my business, and as a result, I refused to sell him candoia.

I've been nothing but polite to you but you have clearly shown that you are a liar.

Pretty pathetic one at that.

Quote:
In a message dated 3/24/2008 4:25:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

Hey Dan, Dennis Hultman. How have you been? Do you still have any of the Candoia Carinata Paulsoni that you were advertising?
Quote:
Danscolaro@aol.com <Danscolaro@aol.com>
Dennis: I am out of them at the moment but have a gravid halamahara boa and waiting on her to drop. They are C. pulsoni tasmai or something like that and are a smaller growing and darker colored species from halamahara island and other nearby Indonesian islands. But I do have plenty of breeder C. c. pulsoni to breed this and next year so hopefully will have lots available in the future.

Dan
Quote:
It's a response to his malicious motivation to post such garbage as he posted that stuff because he stuck his big nose into my business,

Your right I posted garbage. Your exact quotes. You were going to replace his snakes. You stated so and then you reneged when the thread didn't go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompous fool
he stuck his big nose into my business,
Quote:
But besides that fact [b]and don't run off, tell me what you would do

Just because you didn't like my answer that I would keep my word to my customer regardless of that "sage" advice you claim you received from others. Pathetic, your word can't be trusted.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:41 PM   #90
Dan Scolaro
When did I ever lie? Reverting back to my companies guarantee is not a lie, its sticking with polocy. So what is your problem with that? You are just bending things is all. Just twisting things enough to make them somehow favorable to your idiotic charges.

You forgot to post the threads where your big nose got you ousted from the candoia list and instead put in the emails when I said you could get some many months ago.

Again, you try to twist the readers version of events.

Swindlers do that and who but you knows more about how to do that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!