Any info on Jamie Cartee aka cantilxcotton1 ? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #41
cantilxcotton1
How bout your mom? I can keep her on the street corner........

Old 08-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #42
Critterfarm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantilxcotton1
How bout your mom? I can keep her on the street corner........
Oh the humanity...I'm devastated that a scumbag is talking about my dear old Ma. Next will you make remarks about my penis size?

And I'm sure my dear old Ma would think you're a scumbag as well.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #43
cantilxcotton1
Your penis size?? I wonder why that is your first guess?? Oh well.........

Old 08-17-2008, 09:11 PM   #44
John E Dove
Yes, keep it up Mr. Cartee. You are giving everyone an honest picture of the type person you really are.
I'm sure everyone will want to buy from someone who sells sick, starved animals then childishly insults everyone who questions the type dealer & person they really are. Actually I guess there is no question on that, no dealer or decent person worth mentioning would sell sick, starved animals to begin with.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #45
Rolikei
Oh here we go with the pissing match. Jamie, this guy has been proven wrong and is pissed, don't play into his game to try to make you look bad.

Jamie takes great care of his animals. Better than most people do. How can somebody call him a scumbag if they didn't see the animals themselves.

Here is a good point. They turtle had a bad maggot problem. A MONTH AFTER IT WAS SHIPPED! WAY past the life cycle of a maggot. They came from where it was housed at the buyers location. So that leads me to believe the neglect was on the buyers end, and a lot can happen in a month.

The buyer also claimed they were sold to him as "captive born, not wild caught" But in the emails he posted they are clearly sold as long term captives with shell imperfections. He even said he wasnt worried about how they looked. He knew they were wild caught and then posted here they were sold to him as captive born. It looks like he is trying to make Jamie look bad in order to get what he wants.
I am not going to believe Jamie shipped turtles on the edge of death after getting so many good animals from him and seeing the seller try to lie about the facts of the sale.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #46
Rolikei
Sorry I meant the BUYER try to lie about the facts of the sale.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:04 PM   #47
Sloop John B
Mr. Laidlaw,
Please, before you accuse me of lying, read back through the posts and see your error. I never claimed these turtles were "captive born". I stated "captive", that is, meaning they are in the person's possession for a long enough time to no longer be considered wild. We did NOT want any EB turtles taken from wild populations, and that is what Mr. Cartee agreed to. It seems clear you are a friend of Mr. Cartee, and while I admire your tenacity to defend him, I do not agree with your method of trying to paint me as a liar.

Mr. Cartee,
I hold no resentment toward you and I hope you get your life in order. Life is hard, and we all need some help now and then. While you are going though this difficult personal time, I think you should get your animals into the care of someone else who can help you. Everyone makes mistakes, I just hope you make it right by us someday when you are able.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #48
Critterfarm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantilxcotton1
Your penis size?? I wonder why that is your first guess?? Oh well.........
Simply because that's the order in which low brow uneducated scumbags like to spew their shit. (and it would be second guess..or don't they teach high-tech countin' math in scumbag university?)
1. Yo MAMA!
2. Little dick
3. Must be fat.

Looks like you're right on track little man. Now call me fat and satisfy your innermost cravings.

And Rolikei, the only thing that's apparent is that you have no idea about chelonian health and nutrition. Severe nutritional issues will take months and months of neglect to appear. Those turtles were sick and dying long before they left scumbag's care, as admitted by the scumbag himself.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:59 AM   #49
Rolikei
Here are some facts about this transaction:
I was promised healthy, CAPTIVE, not wild caught, EBTs by Jamie Cartee.
I was given a ONE MONTH HEALTH gaurentee.
I received 5 sick EBTs, from NEGLECTFUL HUSBANDRY (chronic issue).
Within one month, one is dead and two require emergency Vet Care.
Jamie Cartee did agree to send replacements...WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD WANT REPLACEMENTS!!!
We have a rough winter ahead of us with these malnurished animals, if you know anything about EBTs, you know how tricky it is to get them through the winter. We very likely have Vet visits ahead of us this winter for these animals. That means lots more money spent on these animals (which we are willing to do).

In the email he sent before the animals were shipped he had said they were captives of at least six months. That is hardly long enough to be considered a "captive" turtle. You say "not wild caught" a turtle that was caught six months ago and has shell imperfections is a clear enough description of wild caught. You also say "Who would want replacements?" You didnt take most of these turtles to the vet for over a month. Why didn't you send them back when you got them in poor shape? You shouldn't have kept them. I don't know why you told the vet they were rescue animals, you should have told him wild caught because they were and you knew it.

And for the goof that says "I know nothing" of turtle care. I know a lot. In fact I would say clearly more than some wacko swearing up a storm on some forum that is tryin to help people. You can think what you want, because it is not my job to fix your ignorance.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:06 AM   #50
John E Dove
Long Term Captive his a subjective term that means nothing. Some consider a month in captivity enough time to qualify as LTC. Others feel that an animal should have adjusted to the captive environment to be counted as LTC.
Because of this when I read LTC it just means they are the same as WC, but like many I used to believe LTC were healthy well adjusted animals.
[quote=Sloop John B]
On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 7:59 AM, John B <junglejohn@tds.net> wrote:

Hey Jamie,
Just regular. The main thing is I don't want recently wild caught or harvested animals. Prefer long term captives or rescue animals needing adoption. If you are a breeder and have several animals that just didn't turn out very nice looking, I would be most interested in them. Call me if you have something for me and we can discuss.
Thanks,
John
QUOTE]
Like many, Mr. Battaglia believed that if he got LTC animals they would be healthy. He did not know that Mr. Cartee had been neglecting the animals in fact he was led to believe just the opposite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloop John B
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Jamie Cartee <cantilxcotton1@gmail.com> wrote:
........All animals have been in my care for 6 months or better. Technically well over a year, but a few have been put in my outdoor habitats by children around the neighborhood. I am very anal about my animals, hence the ONE MONTH HEALTH GUARANTEE. .........
..... I do anything and everything I can to keep repeat customers.

Let me know,
Thanks
Jamie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!