Any info on Jamie Cartee aka cantilxcotton1 ? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:09 AM   #51
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
Long Term Captive his a subjective term that means nothing. Some consider a month in captivity enough time to qualify as LTC. Others feel that an animal should have adjusted to the captive environment to be counted as LTC.
Because of this when I read LTC it just means they are the same as WC, but like many I used to believe LTC were healthy well adjusted animals.

I agree with John, the turtles are STILL wild-caught.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:10 AM   #52
John E Dove
Ok thta posted incorrectly let's try it again for clairification.
Long Term Captive his a subjective term that means nothing. Some consider a month in captivity enough time to qualify as LTC. Others feel that an animal should have adjusted to the captive environment to be counted as LTC.
Because of this when I read LTC it just means they are the same as WC, but like many I used to believe LTC were healthy well adjusted animals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloop John B
On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 7:59 AM, John B <junglejohn@tds.net> wrote:

Hey Jamie,
Just regular. The main thing is I don't want recently wild caught or harvested animals. Prefer long term captives or rescue animals needing adoption. If you are a breeder and have several animals that just didn't turn out very nice looking, I would be most interested in them. Call me if you have something for me and we can discuss.
Thanks,
John
Like many, Mr. Battaglia believed that if he got LTC animals they would be healthy. He did not know that Mr. Cartee had been neglecting the animals in fact he was led to believe just the opposite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloop John B
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Jamie Cartee <cantilxcotton1@gmail.com> wrote:

.....All animals have been in my care for 6 months or better. Technically well over a year, but a few have been put in my outdoor habitats by children around the neighborhood. I am very anal about my animals, hence the ONE MONTH HEALTH GUARANTEE.
.......... I do anything and everything I can to keep repeat customers.

Let me know,
Thanks
Jamie

Old 08-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #53
rryan58
Question :

Mr. Battaglia,
Has Mr. Cartee sent you a refund for the dead box turtle as he said promised?
Whether you keep the remaining ones or not, the dead turtle"s refund was not in contention. You should have recv'd refund by now ??
Rich Ryan

Old 08-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #54
CB Reptiles
I feel really bad for John in this whole deal...it seems to have been a nightmare all around for him. All of the time, effort and money involved really shows that he cares about the animals. The ebt's should have never been shipped in the beginning, and Mr. Cartee has a moral responsibility to a fellow herper to reimburse John for his expenses, troubles, and time related to the nightmare he has on his hands now.

I give Mr. Cartee some sympathy for going through personal issues at the time, but how does he explain posting on different forums at the time that he was in "distress". His posts show no sign of his "turmoil".

Divorce or not, the bottom line is that the animals were getting the raw end of the deal and they are more than lucky to end up in the capable hands of John.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:46 PM   #55
CB Reptiles
I for one would never do business with Mr. Cartee unless he makes this situation right. He admitted to the mistake and that's fine, I am not perfect either, but when I mess up I do whatever I can to remedy the situation, even if it means that I would have to take it on the chin and take a monetary loss. Animals first, then customers.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #56
CB Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantilxcotton1
This was a screw up deal(on my part). THAT is why I offered to replace them or the other options I stated above. I know there isn't excuses but the reason for my screw up on those turtles is b/c I WAS in the middle of a divorce and had to find a new place to live, and I do not have a vehicle, and was unable to get back and forth from the new place to the prior where the boxies were housed. And quite simply I was in a bad state mentally and alot of my animals were lacking attention.

This is an admission of guilt, plain and simple. Now man up and do what's right.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #57
cantilxcotton1
I have planned to send a refund for the female that passed. I just don't have the money yet. But it will be sent as soon as possible.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:05 PM   #58
rryan58
Mr. Cartee,
From what I've read, you recv'd $310. ( including shipping) for 5 EBTs.
By my figuring, that's $62. per turtle. Are you saying you don't have $62. to send, right away, to Mr. Battaglia? This gesture would, at least, tell me that you are a man of your word & that you'll follow through w/ whatever the two of you decide later on.
I don't pretend to know your financial state & can only imagine what your divorce is costing, however, you have at least 2 people who came here & said they had good transactions with you. Don't flush the business down the drain because of this. In my opinion, it's not worth it.
Refund the turtle asap.
Work out something w/ Mr. Battaglia on the Vet's bill. ( I may be wrong, but I saw the bill as $135).

I agree w/ you on the rest of the turtles. It is un-realistic for the buyer to keep the remaining turtles & expect a refund on them as well. Mr. Battaglia has made the decision to keep the remaining 4. Since children are involved, I'm assuming there is a life lesson involved about quality of life & responsibilty... good parenting in my book !

Old 08-19-2008, 01:04 PM   #59
CB Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantilxcotton1
I have planned to send a refund for the female that passed. I just don't have the money yet. But it will be sent as soon as possible.
John, maybe you should just call the vet and tell them you will pay them when you have the money, see how that works.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!