banning exotic pets!!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
artist
banning exotic pets!!!!!!!

so congressmen are discussing whether or not to ban ALL EXOTIC PETS!!!!!-this includes reptiles, birds, etc. that are not native to your area!!!
please read the entire post and inform as many people as you can about this event. also, sign as many petitions as you can that are against it!!!
thank you

http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=3675

Old 04-06-2009, 02:27 AM   #2
JeremyNicholson
I was actually doubting the legitimacy of this when it was posted- but it actually looks real.

Would this include birds like macaws and parrots? If so, that's really absurd. Not only that- but little birds, too? I'm sorry. But I could care less about the industrial ag industry- I don't care enough to sacrifice my chance to own a bird. Whether people want to believe it or not, ARA's want to ban ownership of ALL animals- not just exotics. They say it's animal slavery- lol!

Old 04-06-2009, 03:16 AM   #3
Uroboros
Yeah, does smell weird as a lot of states won't let you keep native species as pets.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #4
artist
yep, this applies to ALL animals that are considered exotic pets!!! i am starting a petition against it!!- hopefully, enough people will be against it so that it won't be passed!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
boadav
The bills are HR 669 and 373 they are having a meeting on it April 23 Thisd ban could be the death of all the animal industry...They want to ban ALL animals not native Fish, Birds, Mammals And Reptiles....And it all started because the people letting go there Burms and Retic in the wild and also The lady in Guam is pushing cause of the Brown tree snake.... I have a post up with the names of the congress people to write to

Old 04-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
ReptileJay
Does anyone actually believe that IF this law somehow DOES pass, there is ANY chance that it will be able to be enforced?

A very large percentage of people keep "exotic" pets... The government does not have enough employees to enforce the law that they are attempting to pass... I cannot imagine this law passing as long as we voice our concerns in a mature intelligent manner...

But in reality, if this law DOES pass... do you really believe that it will stop any of us from keeping the animals that we have? Or even stop us from breeding and selling/trading our babies?
If the government starts going door to door arresting people who are keeping animals that THEY do not deem worthy of keeping... I fear that we are LONG overdue for a revolution... and I for one would be more than happy to fight to keep my pets...

Old 04-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #7
RiffDawg15
Im not worried one bit, even if this stupid bill does pass, I myself will not be getting rid of my pets.

Like someone stated earlier, the government does not have enough man power to stop everyone from keeping our pets.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffDawg15 View Post
Im not worried one bit, even if this stupid bill does pass, I myself will not be getting rid of my pets.

Like someone stated earlier, the government does not have enough man power to stop everyone from keeping our pets.
It will not stop you from keeping what you have. But will shut down pet stores, reptile shows, and anything else. You will not be able to buy new reptiles.

See if everyone said who cares it will not pass we will all end up like NY or worse

Old 04-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
wyldwurm
I don't think they want to ban ALL exotics. Think about it, they say The Best Defence is a Good Offence. So if they present something this VAST, they barter till they get what they really want. Like snakes and lizards.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:59 PM   #10
RiffDawg15
They will never be able to control breeding, selling or trading of exotic animals. Its like drug dealers and the old bootleggers with alcohol, people always find a way!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!