What a load of crap! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-11-2005, 09:21 AM   #1
DAND
What a load of crap!

I received this e-mail from this UK based legal firm. Note the underlined spelling errors.

Robert Spencer and Associates

Dear Friend,

Compliments, and do please accept my highest regards and Esteem. This proposal might come to you as a surprise due to the urgent need of a reliable foreigner, I therefore deem it necessary to contact you. I am Barrister Robert Spencer, a solicitor at Law and the personal attorney to late Mr. John Ping, a Thai Nationale Residing in Cardiff -Wales in the UK, hereinafter shall be refered to as my client.

On the 22nd of Dec. 2004, my client, his wife and all their three children travelled to Thailand for the christmas holiday. Unfortunately, my client, Mr. Ping and his entire family died in the most terrible and highly horrible Indian Ocean's Tidal Wave disaster (Asian Tsunami) of the Dec. 26th 2004.

Ever since this tragic and traumatic events, I have made frantic efforts to establish contacts with his relatives, but could not succeed. Due to the fact that considering the nature of my clients business dealings, He never presented any name on Documentation as his possible next of kin. I have therefore with all sense of humility decided to make contact with you in order to assist in claiming and retrieving the money left behind by my client before the credit house know of his demise and probably get the funds confiscated or even declare it unserviceable by the finance and credit institution where these funds were deposited.

I solicit your urgent assistance and co-operation as a foreigner for easy passage of the funds to your designated Bank account. Mr. Ping was a successful businessman and was involved in cash transactions due to the nature of his business. He was engaged in buying of Raw Gold and Diamond from His suppliers in the mineral – rich equatorial belt of central and southern African Countries, after which he sends the consignments to Bangkok in Thailand for processing and onward shipments to Dubia, Saudi Arabia and the UK. The amount of money kept in the custody of the finance and credit house is USD 25.5 million Dollars only. Since I have been unable to locate his relatives after all my frantic efforts, I am therefore compelled by this circumstances to seek your consent to present you sir, with my position as his legal advicer as his next of kin or business associate of the deceased so as to enable you receive and collect the above funds.

All other further informations to that effect at my disposal will be made available to you upon your consent and the acceptance of the project.

The funds when retrieved and successfully secured will be shared thus: - myself, the attorney 40%, yourself the presented next of kin 30%, while 20% will go to Charity and possibly the Tsunami victims through you, in line with my clients belief and support for Charity as a great philantropist during his life time, the balance of 10% will be for contingency expenses to be incured during the process by both parties. I assure you the fullest and absolute co-operation and a hitch free operation in this regards. I equally guarranttee you total protection against any breach of the law in line with my legal profession. You are indeed very free to ask questions you deem necessary for further clarifications, and please endeavour to always keep secret all informations concering this transaction.

Your most urgent response will be highly appreciated through my email in order to avoid my making further contacts.

Regards.

Barrister Robert Spencer.

I'm sure all he'll want is my banking information; account number and pin number.

Old 05-11-2005, 09:26 AM   #2
cthulhu77
sick bit is that some fools will probably be duped into doing it!!!

greg

Old 05-11-2005, 11:20 AM   #3
royal1reptiles
Angry

Some people they try and make up such a stupid story to lure people but i guess as long as they can find a sucker to buy into there sceme they will continue. i would fo wrote them back and said next time use spell check!
its amazing what people will do now a days for scams.
Best of luck in all you do!

Old 05-11-2005, 11:25 AM   #4
dwedeking
1. This is probably a scam artist in a third world nation. Education probably doesn't extend past middle school equivelant and english is 3rd or 4th language. Let's see you write the same letter in russian and not make errors (on the premise that you don't know russian).

2. They make bank on stupid people falling for this act. You'd think it was rare, but it's not.

Old 05-11-2005, 12:04 PM   #5
Chris@TSE
most of these scams are prewritten letters as well, the scammer just inserts a few things like names and amounts..... pretty obvious actually. its sad people out there actually fall for these from time to time.

Old 05-23-2005, 07:06 PM   #6
DAND
yet another load

Greetings,

CONFIDENTIAL...BETWEEN YOU AND ME

I wish to notify you that I am privileged to peruse over your profile today and I am greatly impressed on your person. With all due respect, I guess my letter will not embarrass you, since I have no previous correspondence with you. I Strongly believed, I would not regret approaching you in this matter.

I am Mr. Karl Hermanns, a Canadian attorney based in Spain and the personal attorney to late Mr.Hani Saiid El-Ali, a Lebanese national. Late Mr.Hani Saiid El-Ali is a private oil consultant/contractor with the Shell Petroleum Development in Saudi Arabia, hereinafter shall be referred to as my client.

Unfortunately, my client and his wife with their three children lost their lives in the Plane crash of Union Transport Africaines Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 25,2003. You will read more stories about the crash on visiting these websites:

Since then, I have made several enquiries with his country's embassies to locate his extended relatives,but this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to personally contact you with this business partnership proposal.

I am contacting you to assist me in repatriating a huge amount of money left behind by my late client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Finance and Security Company where this huge deposit
was lodged.

The deceased had a deposit valued presently at $12,000,000.00 (twelve million united states dollars) and The Finance and Security Company has
issued me a notice to provide his next of kin or beneficiary by will, otherwise the account confiscated within the next ninety working days.

Having been unsuccessful in locating any of my late client relatives for six (6) months now, I am now seeking your consent to present you as the next of kin/beneficiary to the deceased so that the proceeds of this account valued at $ 12 million united states dollars can be paid to you.

It is not necessary you must be a blood relation to late Mr.Hani Saiid El-Ali , neither is it necessary to bear the same surname with him. It is even not important for you as the stand-in next of kin to be a Lebanese national.

Already, I have worked out modalities for achieving my aim of appointing you as the next of kin as well as transfer the money abroad for us to share in the ratio of 50% for me and 35% to you, while we would collectively donate the remaining 10% to Tsunami Relief Course. Although, 5% has been mapped out for reimbursement of any incurrable expenses both local and international.

It is my intention to achieve this transfer in a legitimate way, all I required is your honesty, co-operation, confidentiality and trust to enable us see this transaction through. The money transfer paper work itself will include a certificate of origin so that the receiving bank does not ask question.

Also the paper work will include proper certificate that the fund being transferred is from non-criminal sources. In short this will be a proper and legal money transfer with apparently no risk involved. The transaction is guaranteed to succeed without any problem. If this proposal is acceptable to you, kindly email the following information:

A. Private telephone number and fax number.

B. Your complete locational address.

As soon as I hear from you, I shall provide you with further clarifications that you may need. Your urgent response is highly anticipated and will be appreciated.

Waiting for your reply via my private email

Best wishes,

Mr. Karl Hermanns

Old 08-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #7
Laura Fopiano
I received a similar letter about 2 years ago, and my response.........I would sooner be pecked to death by ducks than give any personal information to you. Needless to say i never heard from them again! LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!