Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
Siukie
Stop! Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, that Vanyard Herps (Bobby Hill) did not send out his 2012 summer tegu hatchlings. I had put a $75 deposit down in early June, he assured me they would hatch the last week of June, in which the rest of the money was due, and they'd ship the last week of July. Well, the last week of June came, and I heard nothing from him, so I sent him an email. I got no reply. So I gave it 2 more weeks, and sent another email. Still no reply. I finally left him a few messages and called, but never got an answer. So it's the end of July, going on August. No work from him in over a month, and i'm out $75.

So i'm just letting you all know, incase you did put a deposit down and have not received your tegu, you probably won't be getting it. I was hoping he could at least be honest and just tell me if the clutch was bad, or didn't hatch as planned. But I never heard back from my emails or phone calls.

This was my first time buying from Bobby Hill, and I can say it will be my last.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
hhmoore
I pointed it out in your first attempt (in another section), but you still spelled it wrong...
For the sake of the search engines, it is Varnyard Herps.
You might be interested in one of his recent threads, in which he failed to deliver & gave only a fractional refund after a year. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=325109

Old 07-31-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
Fangthane
Do you still have any email correspondence, PayPal receipt for your deposit, text messages or anything else to post, that would back up your claims? Not that it's hard to believe he's pulled this stunt AGAIN, but just for posterity's sake.

Sadly, this seems to be a bit of a recurring theme for Bobbie. Piss-poor communication, and not delivering the goods in a timely manner, if at all. For those of you who may have missed it, here's another thread where Bobby screwed a customer, BIG TIME:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...light=varnyard

You may want to add your experiences with him to that thread, also. Gotta wonder if he'll even bother showing up and spouting his drivel in person, this time. We are, after all, a bunch of trolls. Expecting the guy to communicate effectively, provide what was paid for, or give a prompt FULL refund if/when he can't deliver..what a bunch of vicious and unreasonable people we are.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:54 AM   #4
EA7770
Don't people remember the old saying, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch"??? It's the same with herps. Until those eggs turn into live animals, you have no product and really shouldn't be taking people's money. At the very least, set the deposit money aside so you'll have it if a refund is needed. I never spend a customers money until they've received their animal and state that they're happy with it. Saves a lot of problems in the end. Bobby obviously isn't the brightest light on the tree, but you would think that he might at least have some common business sense by now. Apparently not though.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
varnyard
You never paid the balance, I sent you the PayPal request. You have two names you go by, and the name here is not the one conected to the PayPal account. Please post the emails where you tried to contact me before coming here.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
varnyard
I have the tegus, but I will not ship unless the balance is paid.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard View Post
You never paid the balance, I sent you the PayPal request. You have two names you go by, and the name here is not the one conected to the PayPal account. Please post the emails where you tried to contact me before coming here.
Hey look everyone! The thief had left his hole?

Are you going try and change your thieving ways this time?

Old 07-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
Siukie
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard View Post
I never got any emails from you, I had contacted you in reply to our emails before. I called the number available on your website, I have a phone record to show that. I never received any invoice to put the remaining money down, I can prove that with my Paypal account, there is no record of ever receiving such invoice. I also have record of all the emails I sent you over this month that you never replied too. So if you did actually have the tegu's their was severely lacking communication on the matter. I think you should of sent out emails to your customers letting them know your tegu's had hatched at least. I got no emails from you at all, and you never returned my calls. Even if you claim you have tegu's right now, i'm no longer interested in purchasing a tegu from you, if I could have a refund of my $75 I would appreciate it.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siukie View Post
a refund of my $75
The buyer in this recent bad guy thread devoted to Bobby(http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=325109) received a refund of $500 from Bobby on his payment of $1350 for a tegu, that is 37 cents back on the dollar. Using 'Bobby Math' at 37 cents/dollar you should receive $27.75 back.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #10
Wilomn
Bobby, people go through stuff sometimes. Bad decisions, life changing things, stuff no one needs to know about, stuff no one has the right to know about. But, when a good guy, like you, or like I'd like to think you still are, acts as you have been of late, that's bad. Don't be a bad guy Bobby.

I personally know that you know right from wrong. Don't continue down this path you seem to be on, the one that gets you labelled a bad guy. Whatever the reasons, whatever is happening in your personal life, you should make things right with the guy in Ireland, this guy and anyone else that has what seems to be a legitimate complaint about you.

If I can help, you've got my number. Don't be chris estep, or what ever that guy's name from topshelf was, or a greybeal, that was a bad one too. Do the right thing Bobby. Or, failing that, at least let us know why you don't think you should. Honestly, I don't understand this change that you seem to have made. I'd like to see my friend back, not have another bad guy to watch out for.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bobby hill, tegusforsale.com, varnyard